Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 28 May 2002, 11:14 (Ref:298344)   #1
NME
Racer

NME should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CART vs IRL vs F1

I find there is enough room for all 3 with just some adjustments.
CART should stay way from ovals in US, keep it in the road and street circuits. Race in ovals only in UK and Germany. Go to China, South Africa and some other countries that dont have a F1 race. Wouldnt be a bad idea to have a single car/engine/tyres combination or at least 2 of each. That would be a Formula Mondial (World Series).

IRL is fine like it is now and maybe it can expand to 1 or 2 venues outside USA.

F1 is the so-called top of the sport. The F1 market has a worldwide coverage on TV, but only goes to 15 countries, which leaves CART a lot of room to work. There is nothing bad with CART playing the mistress part. Just look at MotorBikes. GP500 and Superbikes are big enough to have their separate championships.

There are enough companies willing to be involved in this series, as long as they have clear views of what are the business mission of this entreprises.

CART boys if you do your job properly i believe you will keep the label of BEST RACING SERIES IN THE WORLD ... to start get Eurosport LIVE coverage back asap.
Cheers,
NME
Old 1 Jun 2002, 18:36 (Ref:302438)   #2
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me the joy of CART is the work on 3 diferent types of circuit, it challenges drivers and marshals/officials.
It would be a shame to loose that to politics.
My personal view of F1 is that they are loosing their way and their fans, not helped by technical regs which reduce overtaking oppertiunities, and actions like Ferrari the other week, which seems to be still having reprocussions with the fan base.
Sorry, but never having worked an IRL event I can't comment on that.
Old 1 Jun 2002, 20:02 (Ref:302490)   #3
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CART needs the Us ovals.
Old 1 Jun 2002, 23:21 (Ref:302577)   #4
NME
Racer

NME should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dont misunderstand me... CART is THE BEST RACING SERIES IN THE WORLD !!!

I love to have all types of circuits in the series, cause that is THE CHALLENGE to the racers.

They fight with similar machinery (not Ferrari vs Minardi bull****) ... Best driver wins.

But the way things are going, i should not be too romantic or we may lose CART forever.

I just love CART boys going around Fontana ... Flat Out ...
Old 5 Jun 2002, 00:04 (Ref:304878)   #5
mathieu
Rookie

mathieu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't say if the champ CART is THE BEST RACING SERIES OF THE WORLD (!!!) or not, but I'm sure CART is actually a true SPORT RACING SERIES, unlike F1.
Old 5 Jun 2002, 00:42 (Ref:304888)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Because of the nature of the Champ Car championship, it doesn't lend itself to being dominated by one driver to the exclusion of all others (except for Zanardi, bless him). That is what I like about Champ Cars. You will never get a TGF in this series, because he'd have to master four different venues and nobody seems able to do that. Mr. IRL Brack doesn't seem to be able to win on anything but ovals, for example.

Personally I think World Rally is the best racing series on Earth, but for open wheel racing I'll take Champ Cars over both those others any day.
Old 5 Jun 2002, 06:49 (Ref:305020)   #7
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good point Liz, about domination.

I think CART has it's place. And F1. Formula 1 as the jewel in the motor racing crown, and CART as the alternative, US based series. IRL is the one that I feel has no place...that series is about one mans greed, and I am disgusted that money is tearing Champcar apart - It's a crying shame.
Old 5 Jun 2002, 16:49 (Ref:305428)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are plenty of people who believe that if you give people no alternative except "take it or leave it" you can sell them anything. The idea that we may very well "leave it" has not yet occurred to TG.

It will.
Old 5 Jun 2002, 17:03 (Ref:305443)   #9
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I'm also developing a "leave it" attitude toward F1.
Old 5 Jun 2002, 17:07 (Ref:305445)   #10
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Off-topic...
I was watching Milwaukee with my three-year old, and she turns to me and asks, "Do you know why they use racecars, Daddy?" No, why? "So they don't have to use their feet."
Old 13 Jun 2002, 07:49 (Ref:312284)   #11
GoFaster
Racer

GoFaster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CART vs. IRL

Can someone please tell me what the hell is going on? It looks like CART "may" be a one engine entity next year.How can the series survive with that?This CART engine thing just seems to get worse by the day! TG must be laughing his ass off at this crapola!
Old 13 Jun 2002, 07:57 (Ref:312290)   #12
GoFaster
Racer

GoFaster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CART vs. IRL

Can someone please tell me what the hell is going on? It looks like CART "may" be a one engine entity next year.How can the series survive with that?This CART engine thing just seems to get worse by the day! TG must be laughing his ass off at this crapola!