Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Mar 2021, 17:03 (Ref:4038372)   #151
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperClan View Post
Should you not include subject to the data?
Touche.
Old 4 Mar 2021, 15:29 (Ref:4038663)   #152
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Le Mans is confirmed as postponed to 21/21 August. Still no change for Le Mans Classic.
Old 4 Mar 2021, 15:46 (Ref:4038674)   #153
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
We will probably hear about LMC within two weeks.
Betting is first weekend of September in the unlikely event it takes place.
Old 4 Mar 2021, 16:51 (Ref:4038694)   #154
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, 21/22 August actually

Two different economic models. LM is ACO only and brings a lot of sponsorship, TV and car makers for instance. Those companies need public to display their know-how and future models. I you've seen the short-lived villages built by Audi, Toyota or Porsche, including hotels and chartered trains, you know what I mean.

LMC is ACO/PA which is another story.PA at least really need LMC to be held as should, public and clubs, should it be cancelled it would be a big loss. Happily, they are wealthy atm, and will make all the needed efforts to run the event. Bet the health situation will have dramatically improved by September.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 18:09 (Ref:4039026)   #155
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Betting is first weekend of September in the unlikely event it takes place.
First weekend of September, PA team will be busy with Tour Auto 30 Aug/ Sat 4 Sept at Nice.
LMC before LM, not very realistic. LMC after LM but not too far from each other because of the infrastructures gives either 9/12 Sept or more likely 16/19 Sept.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 18:22 (Ref:4039033)   #156
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Clash with Goodwood!
Old 5 Mar 2021, 18:39 (Ref:4039045)   #157
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ooops, sorry… 12/15 August if they find people ready to work here at this time of the year. Another time, how to manage marshaling? You need circa 600 people, motivated and trained. Plus firemen, plus ambulances plus plus plus…
Old 5 Mar 2021, 19:06 (Ref:4039051)   #158
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

France in August, interesting.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 21:42 (Ref:4039082)   #159
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
France in August, interesting.
It will be for Le Mans for those of us who have lodged with locals - who will normally head off to their summer homes in August. Frankly, August is a long way off at this stage !
Old 6 Mar 2021, 06:04 (Ref:4039134)   #160
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
If you have connection with locals, may be you can ask to some shop owner in the Mulsanne area about a strong rumor. Only a rumor ATM.
Old 6 Mar 2021, 11:26 (Ref:4039170)   #161
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come on Gerard, spill the beans!

What's the rumour?
Old 6 Mar 2021, 11:57 (Ref:4039180)   #162
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Some shop owners in the mentioned area might have been warned about a possible cancelation of LMC. You could check with some hotel tenders but without a date…
Old 6 Mar 2021, 12:09 (Ref:4039183)   #163
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So are we talking about cancellation until 2022, or a later date this year?

I'm interested to know, because we were supposed to go last year and have accommodation and tickets held over from then. But this year's provisional date for LMC of early July now clashes with a meeting here that I want to enter, so for this reason, amongst others (Covid, travel uncertainty, etc), I would actually prefer it if it was run later in the year.
Old 6 Mar 2021, 15:43 (Ref:4039236)   #164
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Later this year I dont think so if its not 15 Aug. With LM 21/22 August, can they manage such a long gap between the two meetings, early July and late Aug? I think yes because ACO is a local and powerful organisation involved both in LM and LMC. It's not been done before.
Worth give a phone call to the travel agency or to an hotel near the circuit.

The real unknown is the virus and the way it is handled here. Why not stay safe at home if you have another meeting in your area?
Old 6 Mar 2021, 23:11 (Ref:4039288)   #165
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Yes Gerard, agreed.

But if they do run the event (LMC) and we choose not to go, then I'm fairly sure we would lose the money we've paid for accommodation & tickets.

However, if they cancel or postpone until later in the year, then our tickets and accommodation will probably just carry over to the new date, as it did from last year's bookings.
Old 7 Mar 2021, 06:12 (Ref:4039320)   #166
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Cant say more because it depends on the terms of sale of the invoice you paid, its a contract not only a bill. They, not you, postponed the event and depending of the said contract may be you're entitled for a refund.
I understand you really want to go then the best is to wait till May.
Old 7 Mar 2021, 12:11 (Ref:4039383)   #167
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
No, it's not so much that we really want to go - but we really don't want to lose the money already paid!

I'd actually be quite happy if they postponed until 2022.

But the accommodation we've paid for isn't with a hotel or large company - it's just a private apartment in Le Mans, so I suspect we would not get a refund for that if the event went ahead this year and we didn't go.

C'est la vie?
Old 7 Mar 2021, 12:50 (Ref:4039387)   #168
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
C'est la vie?
Exactement, Paul, c'est la vie. In the scale of your life, must be easy to know where and what are your priorities. Matter of fact, the virus is stronger than anything and anyone on earth. The situation is worse here because of non sport related reasons.
Many hope LMC to be held at the originally scheduled dates but if it does'nt happen, better be healthy and regret or moan than be dead and satisfied.
Et ça, c'est la vie aussi mon cher Paul!
Old 11 Mar 2021, 10:15 (Ref:4039793)   #169
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
There are too many (commercial) pressures on all sport to get going again but I am happy not to take part or organise until the virus is beaten. I want to stay alive for a few more years!
Old 11 Mar 2021, 13:08 (Ref:4039845)   #170
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Lost to the outage was a post I made confirming that 750 MC had advised that their Silverstone 3/4 April date has been moved to 24/25 April. This is due to the clash between the Covid regulations in place on the 3rd and difficulties getting clearance from Northamptonshire Council re overnight stays, camping etc.

AFAIK my CSCC event a week later at Oulton is still going ahead.....
Old 11 Mar 2021, 13:31 (Ref:4039848)   #171
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Entries in for the Pall Mall Cup at Donington May and Silverstone October.
Old 11 Mar 2021, 15:11 (Ref:4039873)   #172
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Donington have confirmed spectators allowed for the Donington Historic Festival
Old 11 Mar 2021, 15:30 (Ref:4039874)   #173
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yes but not permitted in the paddocks or pits areas. And I believe the numbers may be restricted.
Old 11 Mar 2021, 17:46 (Ref:4039915)   #174
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yes but not permitted in the paddocks or pits areas. And I believe the numbers may be restricted.
Just happy to see cars whizzing around We have rolled over tickets from 2020, so should be OK.
Old 11 Mar 2021, 18:04 (Ref:4039920)   #175
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
We have a free practice on Sat next at Dijon but the main concern is about hotels. Forget about restaurant, there are enough people to have a Chef cooking and delivering for the whole paddock. You know French, when food is in view they become very serious! Racing car? Ha yes, racing car…