Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Jul 2018, 15:51 (Ref:3834451)   #76
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Red Bull will need for Hamilton and Vettel to have a lot more breakdowns or crashes before either of their drivers are in with a chance in the WDC.

I don't know. It's probably unlikely, but on the other hand Mercedes have had their big engine and aero update. Red Bull is said to get a fuel upgrade after the British GP. That's about 8hp/0.1s. The new MGU-K is available which gives them 2.5kg of weight to play with low down in the chassis. Then there is the second Renault performance update coming and we haven't event touched on the aero where Red Bull is more likely to install their next advancement first.

I'm not saying Mercedes or Ferrari will be standing still, but I do suspect the Red Bull performance will increase more during the remainder of the 2018 campaign.
Old 3 Jul 2018, 15:55 (Ref:3834452)   #77
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is an exciting outlook that this might be the case but I would not get too excited. It is more likely the Red Bull drivers will decide the title fight between HAM and VET by snatching a good amount of points rather than being involved in the fight themselves.

One thing that interests me: I remember that in Canada Max's family was not there and this seems to have sparked a turnaroung in attitude. What about France and Austria? Max was very composed and disciplined there as well. Maybe that is a coincidence but it could also be the case that the different approach in Canada is actually leading to results.
Old 3 Jul 2018, 16:04 (Ref:3834454)   #78
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Jos was certainly in Austria. Can't comment on France thpugh.
Old 3 Jul 2018, 22:40 (Ref:3834489)   #79
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
If the trend continuous it could become an unexpected three way fight for the championship.

AMS did an article on this beginning of June: https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...tappen-fehler/

If we add the points of the last three races to the table at the bottom of the article the standing would look like this:

VET: 157
VER: 148
HAM: 130

Now I'm not really interested in what if scenarios, the point being that the rest of the season might look quite different than many expect.
Also if this race repeats itself and Verstappen wins the next race he’ll have won two in a row.
Old 4 Jul 2018, 09:19 (Ref:3834545)   #80
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think there is a more potential for a close title fight than last season