Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 May 2018, 19:25 (Ref:3821809)   #76
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempi View Post
Which is not surprising with them having launched only the day before and therefore not knowing how many subscribers. This was all a bit tight in terms of timelines. I wonder whether they should have done a soft launch with limiting access to (randomly chosen) early adopters. That is typically best practices nowadays.
That's not how websites are made.

Today a company can rent servers by the minute. If demand increases, the system automatically rents more servers.

Of course that's if you use a proper cloud service. If you build the website in the porch of your house, or hire a porch-based corporation, it may perform poorly.
Old 12 May 2018, 19:28 (Ref:3821810)   #77
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel82 View Post
You've reached the maximum number of concurrent streams on your account.

To watch F1 TV on this device, please stop watching on one of your other devices
Again, that's a stupid message of a poorly designed system.

If there's a rule for one window per customer, oif second person tries to use the same account, the original person should be kicked out, not the newcomer.
Old 12 May 2018, 19:54 (Ref:3821824)   #78
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
It's 170 euros per year in France? I had an email for this streaming too. Glad I didn't take it then..
That is €8.10 it per race. When they sent me an e-mail there was a 10% discount and it was £0.86 per race.
Old 12 May 2018, 23:15 (Ref:3821910)   #79
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And now this email from F1 streaming services this evening.

Hello,*

Thanks for recently subscribing to F1 TV Pro.

As you may know, we have experienced some live play-back issues during our coverage of practice and qualifying from the Spanish Grand Prix.

We want to apologise for the inconvenience caused and we’re working as quickly as we can to get these resolved for you. Unfortunately we do anticipate that the problems experienced during qualifying will not be resolved in time for the race.

Whilst we are experiencing some issues with the live video, you can still enjoy replays for all sessions including all on board cameras and unedited team radio, as well as Grands Prix from F1’s historic archive.

Because of the problems you’ve been experiencing, we will be refunding you the equivalent of two weeks of your subscription. This will happen next week and it will be paid onto the card you subscribed with so there’s nothing you need to do.

With this refund, the Grand Prix this weekend is on us.

Thanks for your patience and support.

The team at F1

Tapatalk is being useless again and not letting me post the screenshot of the email, USELESS app. Maybe launched by Tata as well.

It did not launch at all for me today, kept initializing and never loaded. Watched it 20 min after quali concluded and it was in perfect quality so who knows. Not watching the race live tomorrow so the streaming problems won't really bother me much but sucks to pay 90 bucks but not get live coverage.

Last edited by broadrun96; 12 May 2018 at 23:23.
Old 13 May 2018, 18:43 (Ref:3822146)   #80
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
That's not how websites are made.

Today a company can rent servers by the minute. If demand increases, the system automatically rents more servers.

Of course that's if you use a proper cloud service. If you build the website in the porch of your house, or hire a porch-based corporation, it may perform poorly.
A streaming service is not a website and obviously just renting servers is not the solution. It is about sufficient content delivery network (CDN) coverage load balancing and generally streaming efficiency. This is something that you typically try out with soft launches to see how the service scales.
Old 13 May 2018, 20:46 (Ref:3822184)   #81
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempi View Post
A streaming service is not a website and obviously just renting servers is not the solution. It is about sufficient content delivery network (CDN) coverage load balancing and generally streaming efficiency. This is something that you typically try out with soft launches to see how the service scales.
I would say you both are right. If architected correctly it can scale out dynamically (not exactly “renting servers” but close enough). I agree on the CDN, etc. comments, but I also think soft launches are for new solutions. And if partnering with an existing provider (such as placing your branding on an existing solution), then you probably don’t need a soft launch. Internal and beta testing... sure, not a limited launch.

Overall, while I don’t have direct experience with this particular solution, the evidence points to them not being particularly experienced at the scale they are trying to serve.

Richard
Old 1 Sep 2018, 18:16 (Ref:3847423)   #82
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I just got an e-mail from Formula1.com and they are launching their F1 TV App. It will cost either £2.29 Per month, or £19.99 Per year but it's only available in certain global regions.

https://www.formula1.com/en/subscrib...37HYBD,1ELTU,1