Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 31 Jan 2002, 05:58 (Ref:207154)   #1
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shell Helix Team Expands to 3 cars but won't need to pre qualify

Shell Helix Racing has announced that Greg Ritter will drive a third Ford Falcon XR8 in selected rounds of this year's V8 Supercar Series and once again be part of the driving squad at the Queensland 500 and Bathurst 1000 endurance events.

The 28-year-old drove for the Queensland-based team in last year's long distance races earning high praise for his efforts in qualifying and the races themselves. The highlight of his campaign was a fourth place finish at Bathurst.

Ritter will join SHR full time, sharing test driver duties, race driving, and other responsibilities at DJR's Queensland complex.

"Greg did an outstanding job for us last season and together with the competitiveness of the V8 Supercar field, convinced us of the need to work towards full time V8 drivers in every event," said team owner Dick Johnson.

"Our aim is to build strongly for the future. We see Greg as part of that plan and we are delighted that he will be with us in 2002 and beyond."

For Ritter the opportunity to race and become closer involved with one of Australia's premier motor sports teams is an opportunity he's prepared to make the most of.

"I will be moving from Melbourne to South East Queensland immediately," said Ritter.

"I do have a great relationship with Dick and the entire team already, but working and being part of the team environment full time will make the situation a whole lot stronger.

"I could have gone for a smaller team and driven in more races, but that would have put me at a major disadvantage at the big races.

"I've guaranteed the Shell Helix Racing team that I won't sit back and wait for things to happen.

"I'm setting my sights on proving my worth to the team and achieving my ambition of winning Bathurst".

It's yet to be announced which extra races Ritter will compete in, however it has been confirmed that his Falcon will carry the number #71.

The Shell Helix Racing team will stick with two cars for the endurance events, the driver pairings and the announcement of the team's final driver will be made in the coming months.
Old 31 Jan 2002, 06:52 (Ref:207180)   #2
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great, the more FORDS the better
Old 31 Jan 2002, 07:18 (Ref:207192)   #3
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
good to see a formula ford champ get a decent drive , pity for greg it has taken so long....best of luck to greg
Old 31 Jan 2002, 11:52 (Ref:207275)   #4
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Why doesn't the 3rd Shell car need to pre qualify, sorry if I have missed you explaining it.
Old 31 Jan 2002, 11:57 (Ref:207281)   #5
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re=reading the article in todays AA and from other information, it will have to prequalify at each round. AVESCO have ruled 3rd cars have to PQ.

How are they going to classify Briggs Team and HRT - or are they (AVESCO) going to change the rules - yet again?
Old 31 Jan 2002, 13:26 (Ref:207361)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
wow great stuff ...well done Greg Ritter and kudos the DJR on giving this fine driver a fair go ..this will be invaluable experience for him and im sure he will grab it with both hands and ring the neck out of the beast
Old 31 Jan 2002, 18:16 (Ref:207534)   #7
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by marcus
he will grab it with both hands and ring the neck out of the beast

I thought this a great explanantion as to what TC does 24/7
Old 3 Feb 2002, 01:20 (Ref:209289)   #8
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But is it really a beast??