Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 13 Oct 2010, 07:46 (Ref:2774189)   #51
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great post, Benn, and well said. However, it would be good to know, in a constructive way, what the issues are with those disaffected CF3 racers. Remember this started off as a discussion about whether the RT3 should be allowed to partricipate, and if so, in what form. It has developed into a discussion about CF3in general but having read through this thread again, I'm still still not clear what the issues actually are. We need people like Richard in to maintain good grid levels , so Richard please take this opportunity to articulate exactly what is wrong with the organisation from your point of view. Whilst I agree with Benn about adverse publicity, we are now at halfway house - we are told that there is something wrong, but don't (or, at least I don't) actually know what it is that is wrong. If grids are declining, why are they declining? Why have some of these racers voted with their feet? This seems something more than just the cyclical nature of grid numbers that you get in almost every series.
Old 13 Oct 2010, 20:34 (Ref:2774538)   #52
RICHARD.T
Racer

RICHARD.T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi John
I agree with Ben that it would not be helpfull to to discuss this further, even if it leaves some things unexplained.
To me, the reasons for the declining grids and competitors 'voting with their feet' have been obvious but I will leave it up to you to work out the rest. I will not continue with this, but I hope by speaking out it might prompt some action.
Old 14 Oct 2010, 03:45 (Ref:2774666)   #53
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems Richard is taking the cowards route of been critical, but is unwilling to either explain his actions or get involved to work and make the changes, he feels are needed, to make things better.

Cf3 is a great series, providing good racing at a sensible cost, with an interesting mix of friendly competitors and a chairman who works hard to build the series.
Old 14 Oct 2010, 08:06 (Ref:2774748)   #54
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A bit harsh, especially since we do at least know who Richard is! However, I agree that it would be good to understand, posters having opened up this discussion, what the issues are without having to make a lot of effort winkling it out of people! As an interested, but neutral bystander, I guess I'll have to leave it there!
Old 14 Oct 2010, 11:17 (Ref:2774799)   #55
schuey57
Rookie

schuey57 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
in order for people to air their views why not go to the CF3 forum where fellow cf3 racers can discuss racing, rules etc, thats why it was set up!.
Old 18 Oct 2010, 16:55 (Ref:2776745)   #56
RICHARD.T
Racer

The trouble with these forums is there are people who do not know the true facts and are ill informed but are prepared to throw insults around, thinking they are hiding behind nick names. The very reason that I do not wish to continue with this is because insulting people will not help CF3 and that is not the way to go about resolving issues. I will not stoop to public ally insulting people. Potential and current CF3 competitors will see that CF3 is not a friendly environment and will not want to compete in CF3.

I do not have any self interest in this, but grids have been declining over the past few years so you cant just burry your head in the sand and carry on in the same old way. You have to come up with new ideas and make changes/improvements to get people back and attract new competitors.
I have been speaking out for the introduction of positive changes to CF3, which in my book is being brave, not cowardly. Just to continue running CF3 in the same old way will clearly not improve things, but yet there is a thinking in CF3 that any body suggesting change must be criticism of the existing system and are just troublemakers.
At the only committee meeting held since CF3 became a club, nearly two years ago (which was only held because of pressure from me) a particular person said he would not be happy if I was on the committee. But he was informed that, as a club, it was not up to him to decide who should sit on the committee. A year ago, in preparation for the February AGM (that did not happen) I was sorting out some CF3 racers who would have be happy to sit on the committee and would have made a significant difference to the running of CF3 and its future. But this did not go down too well, so it is interesting that no AGM has been held this year even though the club rules state the AGM has to be held in February! (the members can only vote new people onto the committee at the AGM) How difficult is it to organize an AGM, if there is a will to do so?
So I find it odd that I am criticized for ‘not getting involved’! It is not from the want of trying, every effort I have made has been blocked.

If I did not care about CF3 I would have just quietly walked away, like a lot of competitors have done, but as you can see, I am managing to get people talking, hopefully positively, towards improving CF3’s future and addressing issues, without stooping to using unhelpful, rude insults.
Old 18 Oct 2010, 19:30 (Ref:2776815)   #57
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Richard, thank you; the clarification of your position is very much appreciated.
Old 18 Oct 2010, 20:47 (Ref:2776851)   #58
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know nothing of the current problems within CF3 (other than what has been posted here) but feel it is a shame to see any classic/historic racing series implode.
If CF3 is a democratically operated club surely there will be a 'club rules' somewhere and a group of members should be able to call an AGM if the committee is either unwilling or unable to organise such a meeting.
Old 19 Oct 2010, 07:35 (Ref:2776982)   #59
redlight
Rookie

England
Camberley, UK
redlight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A CF3 extraordinary AGM is being organised and members will be informed in the next few days with an agenda and opportunity to raise matters and put forward members for positions. The provisional date is mid November but needs to be confirmed.
Old 19 Oct 2010, 08:56 (Ref:2777010)   #60
RICHARD.T
Racer

Well done Richard.
You do an excellent job in dificult circumstances.
I presume this covers the AGM that should have been held last February.
It lookes like we are making progress.
Old 19 Oct 2010, 09:45 (Ref:2777030)   #61
redlight
Rookie

England
Camberley, UK
Date of extraoridinary AGM is 13th November with details to be sent to all members. Yes Richard, as should have been in Feb if DD not cancelled.
Old 19 Oct 2010, 18:58 (Ref:2777197)   #62
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Bu--er i cant make that date Richard. I would very much like to attend.Sorry.FWIW Ben does not agree but i think we need to move to the same cut off date and rules as the French.BTW whoever called Richard a coward you should< remember the man raced and in period against Senna and Brundle and was by far the best Brit this year at Monaco.He is also a very nice bloke.
Old 19 Oct 2010, 19:34 (Ref:2777209)   #63
redlight
Rookie

England
Camberley, UK
Iain, sorry you cannot attend but I have struggled all year to find a date accomodate everyone. It's booked now. Re cut off dates, even HSCC have accepted it's best left alone and see earlier posts. We have many new cars due for next year and can grow without the change.