Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Oct 2010, 07:40 (Ref:2782814)   #26
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Its a hobby so one a weekend is enough!

Frank was a Superstar driver and his golf is improving!

Now owns the best 356 Porsche anywhere!Lucky man.
and wealthy... can not seem to buy him the Glover Trophy at Goodwood
Old 31 Oct 2010, 09:13 (Ref:2782847)   #27
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallet
Well, at least we now know that JR doesn't suppport club racing then. :P
Peter, your sticky out tongue has failed. Seriously, I'm pretty impressed that JR bought a car specially for the event; it shows real commitment, but given his collection, I do understand why he would go to the Donington event; just a damned shame that it clashes; Sods Law at work again, and there are just too many historic events on now, frankly. Not sure what could be more mundane than a Montego, though, John. Are you going to tell us?

Last edited by John Turner; 31 Oct 2010 at 09:46.
Old 31 Oct 2010, 09:28 (Ref:2782855)   #28
Simon Hadfield
Veteran

Simon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSimon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p261brm View Post
and wealthy... can not seem to buy him the Glover Trophy at Goodwood
I know, he keeps making the same mistake of entering a one and a half litre car for a one and a half litre race........
Old 31 Oct 2010, 09:44 (Ref:2782863)   #29
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Crikey Simon, contentious, or what?
Old 31 Oct 2010, 10:02 (Ref:2782867)   #30
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Peter, your sticky out tongue has failed.
Does my face look bothered?
Old 31 Oct 2010, 10:04 (Ref:2782869)   #31
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Dunno, send me a picture!
Old 31 Oct 2010, 10:26 (Ref:2782876)   #32
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Attached Thumbnails
profile.JPG  
Old 31 Oct 2010, 11:15 (Ref:2782890)   #33
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Old 31 Oct 2010, 11:43 (Ref:2782899)   #34
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Looks older than me and thats very old!

Frank and Glover-Suppose you need a race once a year where all those 2 litre BRM engines that were produced about ten years agocan be used.Got to have your mates win races and trade fill the places .It's the way we do things in England(well used to in 40/50's)Its real enactment of History.
Old 31 Oct 2010, 11:50 (Ref:2782902)   #35
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Blame it on my digs.
Old 31 Oct 2010, 12:06 (Ref:2782907)   #36
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Been doing Time Team lately, then, Peter?
Old 31 Oct 2010, 14:22 (Ref:2782957)   #37
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Frank and Glover-Suppose you need a race once a year where all those 2 litre BRM engines that were produced about ten years agocan be used.Got to have your mates win races and trade fill the places .It's the way we do things in England(well used to in 40/50's)Its real enactment of History.
You are probably right john, but at ten years old the BRM engine is nearer historic than some of the Climax V8's FPF's that abound...

Last edited by p261brm; 31 Oct 2010 at 14:38.
Old 3 Nov 2010, 20:02 (Ref:2784565)   #38
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Do you know it does make me wonder....

I announce to the world a date for an historic endurance event on the 26th Aug last year , it seems rather daft that we then have another historic festival on the same weekend

It does not do historic racing any favours at all, it puts pressure on competitors and organisers alike and while I understand that this meeting is a completely different kettle of fish than the 360 and not really aimed at Clubman as we are, it still now leaves John Ruston with a choice that he didnt really want.

52 weekends in a year four of which are extended perhaps I am wet behind the ears ( I will admit that I am) but surely there are enough weekends in the year to be able to seperate Historic meetings from each other?

I will again stick my neck out and openly call to ALL organising clubs ...maybe a pre season meeting (I'll organise it if you like) so that we as organising clubs can get together...be realistic (there are some dates that appear to be "set in stone" as such) and then we can all work around a table together to make sure that we do not clash wherever possible.

John, I apologise that it clashes and obviously understand if you do not come to the 360

(I will just talk about you ! lol )

Last edited by MartinSmith; 3 Nov 2010 at 20:11.
Old 3 Nov 2010, 20:43 (Ref:2784588)   #39
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Claire, I fear that Bank Holiday weekends will always be popular with 'festival' organisers as 3 days to play with.

Don't hold your breath with the larger organisers. I mentioned to one that next year a big event of theirs clashed with another. I'll PM the reply if you like!

Donington may have GTSCC, Legends, Pre '63 and whatever but you know where I (and hopefully enough others) will be......
Old 5 Nov 2010, 16:39 (Ref:2785441)   #40
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Claire, I think you have a foot in both camps as you are involved in the Masters and I don't know the status of the 360 Club as to whether it is a democratic club or commercial.
I think many folk involved in the genuine clubs feel that the commercial events are squeezing them out.
Old 5 Nov 2010, 17:19 (Ref:2785453)   #41
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Claire, to be fair to other series, there was always going to be something else run on this weekend that would clash although will the Donington one really affect the entry for the 360 race? I don't think so tbh.
It has already cost me an entry Tim has it not? lol

and maybe it will cost Donington entries whereby a competitor may have more than one car and decide to do the 360 instead
Old 5 Nov 2010, 17:32 (Ref:2785463)   #42
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
It has already cost me an entry Tim has it not? lol
Eeeerm yes, but was that a 100% guaranteed entry?
Old 5 Nov 2010, 17:47 (Ref:2785472)   #43
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
I understand Claire has already replied
Type faster, man!

I tend to agree with Tim that Snet 6hrs shouldn't be affected too much by Donington, but there is bound to be the odd 'casualty' both ways. The fact that 6hrs will be one of first races on new Snet layout should broaden it's appeal. Plenty of track time for the money. Boast about it.
Old 5 Nov 2010, 21:36 (Ref:2785569)   #44
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Type faster, man!
I can pour petrol on my own fire thanks Mike!