Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Apr 2014, 09:27 (Ref:3388599)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
HSCC Easter Meeting

The HSCC's revival of big Easter race events at Thruxton.
Old 4 Apr 2014, 09:27 (Ref:3388601)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks to Chris Sharples who spotted my "deliberate" mistake.
Old 10 Apr 2014, 19:41 (Ref:3390865)   #3
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Timetable http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Thrux_..._Timetable.pdf
Entry list http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Provis...on_V1_2014.pdf

Spectating/snapping on the Saturday as we are at Sillystone for the WEC on Sunday. I hope the weather is a tad warmer than last year.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 07:14 (Ref:3392652)   #4
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to this one ... it was good to give the old TR5 some exercise at Donington recently, as I knew it wasn't going to go well without some more attention. Delta have had the car back since, and Iain reckons he's made progress on the rolling road - I hope so!

Been racing the TR since 2004, and always wanted to race it at Thruxton, but the only two opportunities I've had with HSCC in all that time the car has been out of action.

Fingers crossed for a warm / dry / successful weekend!

James
Old 15 Apr 2014, 10:57 (Ref:3392752)   #5
Burfs
Rookie

Burfs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope all the HRS guys on here have fun at the weekend - I have had to pull out as a result of engine failure at Donington. Number 4 cylinder dropped a shell and bearing...crank is a bit of a mess and engine needs a rebuild - gulp...
Old 15 Apr 2014, 12:38 (Ref:3392797)   #6
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'll wave as I come by, I'm at Forest Edge on Saturday just the other side of Andover on the 303 from Thruxton!
Old 15 Apr 2014, 16:06 (Ref:3392864)   #7
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burfs View Post
Hope all the HRS guys on here have fun at the weekend - I have had to pull out as a result of engine failure at Donington. Number 4 cylinder dropped a shell and bearing...crank is a bit of a mess and engine needs a rebuild - gulp...
Sorry to hear that Burfs, i'd wondered what happened to you. Mind you, withdrawing is a bit out of order considering you have a whole spare car ...

James
Old 15 Apr 2014, 16:18 (Ref:3392869)   #8
Burfs
Rookie

Other car also out of action. Someone drove into me during the HRDC Allstars race on the Saturday before Donington. So that is being worked on. Both cars at the doctors, not good....
Old 15 Apr 2014, 16:26 (Ref:3392871)   #9
jimmer
Racer

England
bath somerset
jimmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be there Saturday only , looking forward to it and alot warmer this year
Old 15 Apr 2014, 18:42 (Ref:3392937)   #10
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Burfs,
Sorry you could not make it. Having had to scratch at Donington, I am keeping my fingers crossed that the Chev will be ready for HRS on Sunday. It's going to be a bit of a cliffhanger, though.

In any event, with or without the Camaro, I am going to be at Thruxton.
Nick
Old 15 Apr 2014, 20:15 (Ref:3393001)   #11
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burfs View Post
Other car also out of action. Someone drove into me during the HRDC Allstars race on the Saturday before Donington. So that is being worked on. Both cars at the doctors, not good....
Errr … oh … sorry I spoke. Unfortunate start to the season, sorry to hear.

Hope to see you back shortly, was looking forward to 'doing battle'!

James
Old 15 Apr 2014, 20:16 (Ref:3393003)   #12
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by apriliadriver View Post
Burfs,
Sorry you could not make it. Having had to scratch at Donington, I am keeping my fingers crossed that the Chev will be ready for HRS on Sunday. It's going to be a bit of a cliffhanger, though.

Nick
Will keep fingers crossed for you Nick!
Old 16 Apr 2014, 06:41 (Ref:3393145)   #13
vector-pat
Rookie

England
Newbury, Berks
vector-pat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thruxton Easter Revival

Just a quick update for all Thruxton Easter Revival competitors. Access to the Circuit will be now available from noon on Thursday. Thanks to the goodwill of our Landlord, we've managed to secure some extra Paddock space on lovely smooth tarmac, on the Airfield apron. This is allocated to FF1600 and FF2000 competitors. Please can I ask that you're very careful to avoid any spillages and that all litter is put in the bins provided. This area will need to be clear of all vehicles by 09.00hrs on Monday.

On Friday morning myself and Thruxton regular instructor, Steve Mills, will be doing some track familiarisation laps from 09.00hrs to 10.30hrs. The meeting point for this will be in the pit lane, under Race Control. This is a free service and will be on a first come first served basis but we'll have to finish at 10.30hrs to enable anyone wishing to do their own track walk. Although we're not charging for this, please can you make a donation to Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance. The track will be available for a track walk from 10.30hrs through to noon, testing will then start at 13.00hrs. Sign on for testing will be with CJ in "Drivers Sign on", next to the Scrutineering bay.

Bill, myself and all the Circuit staff are really looking forward to welcoming HSCC for what is our favourite meeting of the year.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 07:20 (Ref:3393162)   #14
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pat can anyone get into the track on Friday? Alex and I are tied up all weekend but would love to come and watch the testing.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 08:49 (Ref:3393195)   #15
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What's the weather forecast?
Old 16 Apr 2014, 09:22 (Ref:3393212)   #16
Burfs
Rookie

No worries James, nothing that good old fashioned money cannot fix.
I will be thinking of you all having fun this weekend.....
Old 16 Apr 2014, 09:53 (Ref:3393219)   #17
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very much looking forward to this, the track tour will be a welcome refresher so thanks to Pat for laying that on.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 10:13 (Ref:3393232)   #18
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Colin, I suppose now I'm in Spain you're back in the UK ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 16 Apr 2014, 12:28 (Ref:3393286)   #19
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, just a long weekend hillwalking with friends. Stunning scenery in the Alpujarras and those wonderful roads! Deep suspicion that it's not necessarily Spanish taxpayers who fund them though!
Old 16 Apr 2014, 12:32 (Ref:3393287)   #20
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Very much looking forward to this, the track tour will be a welcome refresher so thanks to Pat for laying that on.
Colin, I'm not there this year but fingers are well and truly crossed for you that the Tail Lift does not malfunction again!

Enjoy, everyone, and hope a tad warmer than last Easter.......

Old 16 Apr 2014, 14:16 (Ref:3393329)   #21
Burfs
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by apriliadriver View Post
Burfs,

Nick
Nick, hope the Chevy is ready for Thruxton - I think that is a circuit built for you!
Ian.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 16:43 (Ref:3393400)   #22
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Yes, just a long weekend hillwalking with friends. Stunning scenery in the Alpujarras and those wonderful roads! Deep suspicion that it's not necessarily Spanish taxpayers who fund them though!
I've mentioned this in the past and Clarkson had a pop about the Froggie roads trying not to pay a toll "as we have paid for them".
Even the roads to a one horse town are like a billiard table with armco on all the parts where years ago it was certain death if you misjudged a corner on the mountain parts !
What I will say is at least they do get on with the road systems and seem to be able to build a new roundabout in next to no time whereas in the UK with all the petty bureaucracy it takes years just to think about it !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 16 Apr 2014, 17:19 (Ref:3393413)   #23
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, all I can say Gordon, is that the EU must smile at you down in in Almeria.

I used to live just about 100 miles away from you just a bit along from St Javier airport, but in the Valencian region. We had two roundabouts that have been partly built which have been untouched for nearly ten years. One of them should lead into a new urbanisation, but it's been blocked off by the local town council and the only entrance is courtesy of the local farmer who prepared a dirt track for the residents to use, that skirts along the side of one of his orchards.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 17:48 (Ref:3393420)   #24
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Meanwhile back at Thruxton....
Old 16 Apr 2014, 18:43 (Ref:3393441)   #25
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Mussa View Post
What's the weather forecast?
Looking at BBC this eve and Motorsport Weather, they both say rain on Sunday. Dry before then. Definitely warmer than last year though- except at night. Possible frost early hours Saturday!