Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 27 May 2018, 08:19 (Ref:3824873)   #26
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
« Je découvre Charade. Ce circuit, c’est le paradis sur terre ! » said Clive Chapman, fils de Colin Chapman et patron du Classic Team Lotus présent en F1 Pré 66. The Lotus 25 V8 Climax, Charade Grand Prix de France 1965 winner is on the track!
Old 27 May 2018, 16:50 (Ref:3824969)   #27
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
The rain came and around half the grid decided not to go out me included . Me and Alan now heading to Macon for a nice dinner . Will stay there tonight and head back to Zolder first thing .
Old 27 May 2018, 17:04 (Ref:3824979)   #28
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
12 started, 10 classified, Colin Wright winner Reynard SF79, Carly Meskes is second with his Van Diemen but the gap is 25". Bon appétit.
Old 27 May 2018, 20:18 (Ref:3825087)   #29
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wise decision Iain. Old trucker's saying "crack on to Macon". Should have been on the Kiel ferry tomorrow so feeling a bit low at the moment
Old 29 May 2018, 13:50 (Ref:3825452)   #30
ralt-racer
Racer

ralt-racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What fun Charade was I hope to go back next year. Does anybody know where the times are published? I'm curious

Had a good run back with no issues either which was a bonus compared to the journey there which was a nightmare!

Benn Simms
Old 29 May 2018, 14:46 (Ref:3825464)   #31
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Glad you got back ok Benn. Look on HVM web site. I managed to find the results . Cheers Iain
Old 29 May 2018, 16:06 (Ref:3825475)   #32
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
If you did not find the results yet, Ben Simms, you can go to:
hvmracing.fr
On the left, click on Historic Tour and scroll down for Charade
Then you have 3 captions, click the center one RESULTATS/ RESULTS
Then scroll and you'll find the results for each day / category.
Congratulations to all who came and thank you again. What a show!
Old 29 May 2018, 16:34 (Ref:3825476)   #33
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
There are two ultra short race reports on "our" MSA website (FFSA), in french language only. If you're interested in, please let me know I'll give the users manual… Dont expect the same thing as provided by Henk, for instance…
Glad to hear you liked the track, in spite of the terrible weather and if you appreciate racing in France, apart from Dijon you all know, may I suggest Nogaro - south west - or Bugatti the short track of Le Mans?
Old 29 May 2018, 18:40 (Ref:3825510)   #34
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I only got back an hour or so ago. Charade is a superb circuit which was enjoyed by all our drivers. I'm already talking wit hLaurent about what we can do next year.

Regarding Iain's black eye. We went for an early morning cycle ride around the track (believe me, you know all about the gradients on a bike). Iain thought he'd finish with a final flourish in the form of a skid stop but totally misjudged his speed and ended up ploughing into me and my bike. The rear derailleur cage is now in the spokes and the front mech is also deformed. I think the black eye was caused by a handlebar.

That's the trouble with youngsters - they know no fear...

Here are a couple of shots I took on that fateful ride (I'm no photographer)

...and the happy campers after the first race (which finished at about 20:15)

A great weekend!
Old 29 May 2018, 18:52 (Ref:3825513)   #35
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Drink

Thanks fro the kind words, Alan.
Just out of my curiosity, did you succeed in picturing "your " Stig on the left of the last photo
Are you sure the black eye was made by the handlebar or was it a…*carrot?
Old 30 May 2018, 03:17 (Ref:3825580)   #36
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Ah the stig . Now that’s another story . I’m on run into Kiel now . Ferry not until 9 pm so I shall be wandering around the streets drinking beer and consuming pizza .