Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 5 Jan 2019, 00:13 (Ref:3874085)   #51
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
"***In addition to Ford Chip Ganassi Racing and Riley Motorsports, both Acura Team Penske and Porsche GT Team are expected to run IMSA ‘Throwback’ liveries for the Rolex 24. "

Yeee!!!

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/d...rKoG7kWQFi7X0M
Old 5 Jan 2019, 00:39 (Ref:3874086)   #52
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
"***In addition to Ford Chip Ganassi Racing and Riley Motorsports, both Acura Team Penske and Porsche GT Team are expected to run IMSA ‘Throwback’ liveries for the Rolex 24. "

Yeee!!!

Well, that is pretty darn cool. I guess Penske will be blue and yellow, for the Sunoco livery.

6000 boy and girl scouts camping. When I was a scout we were in the woods, and did not have girls. Today's youth have it so much better
Old 5 Jan 2019, 00:54 (Ref:3874087)   #53
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post

Yeee!!!

I'm hoping one Porsche is in the old Peterson White Lightning and the other is in the TRG colors from when they won the Rolex overall. As for Penske the only one I can think of for them is the old Sunoco colors.
Old 5 Jan 2019, 02:03 (Ref:3874090)   #54
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
I would be stunned if Porsce did not have one car in white, red and blue, the bold but simple graphic of Brumos, which had three overall victories on Porsches. Plus on a Riley/Porsche (we'll ignore the BMW year for these purposes). The first three overalls were undrr IMSA.

Not sure about the other. Poetically they should honor Holbert, who was a big part of Porsche and IMSA history, and the Lowenbrau motif would recognize the '86 & '87 24 Hour wins and years.

If Porsche needs a consult, they should just give me a call.
Old 5 Jan 2019, 03:30 (Ref:3874094)   #55
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
The videos are rolling in! Included is a video by none other than the amazing Lanky Turtle!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHK-RWmqO8A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFmkBTZf_K8
Old 5 Jan 2019, 04:08 (Ref:3874097)   #56
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Well, that is pretty darn cool. I guess Penske will be blue and yellow, for the Sunoco livery.

6000 boy and girl scouts camping. When I was a scout we were in the woods, and did not have girls. Today's youth have it so much better
I think the Penske Acuras will be in the white and pink color of the imsa lights Acuras. I am also hoping the Core Nissan will be in blue and red like the gtp Nissan's. I guess maybe Ford's would be in a Gulf livery? And Porsche have a lot to choose from. I'm hoping lowenbrau.
Old 5 Jan 2019, 15:39 (Ref:3874160)   #57
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
livery

How about really retro, Zerex for Penske!!
Old 5 Jan 2019, 19:04 (Ref:3874175)   #58
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I I guess maybe Ford's would be in a Gulf livery?.
Don't forget the Roush Mustang winning GTO with Folgers livery.
Old 5 Jan 2019, 21:04 (Ref:3874189)   #59
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I'm expecting Ford to go with past Daytona GT40 liveries and Porsche to throw a Brumos livery on both cars. Potentially a Champion car as well.

Unpopular opinion: As boring as the shield has become over the last few years, the Brumos livery is way more simplistic and boring.
Old 5 Jan 2019, 22:14 (Ref:3874197)   #60
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Surprised to see the lack of performance from the Lamborgini GT3s

Then again, this is only just qualifying for pit space locations.

http://results.imsa.com/?fbclid=IwAR...ydvqvex8TjKyQ0
Old 5 Jan 2019, 22:30 (Ref:3874201)   #61
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
That NSX is fast. Surprised to see the Lexus up there especially with a new team running them.
Old 6 Jan 2019, 02:15 (Ref:3874215)   #62
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
The Mazda is showing a lot of speed and even went below the track record during the night session at 1:34.533. That time is 1.5 seconds quicker than last years pole. So the question is has anyone gone full out yet on a mock qual run or is what we are seeing is going to be the race pace?
Old 6 Jan 2019, 02:59 (Ref:3874216)   #63
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
GTD 'qualifying' times set by Silver/Bronze drivers so it's more driver's skills than car capabilities determining the lap times and overall speed. Girl power!
Old 6 Jan 2019, 05:06 (Ref:3874225)   #64
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Some more great videos from IMSA Nation at the conclusion of Day 2 of ROAR testing!

Lanky Turtle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAKyvsKokK4

MidKnightR1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_iTztW7Wi4

View from the Cheap Seats
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUDJpnYP5aE

RACER Magazine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sUTilZPpBQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm6OAl1gL7A

Kenneth Staton
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP9igd5gAjs

WanderList Vacations
https://youtu.be/Inx5n-e950Q

ADudeWithAName
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvrXyTgQGhY

Enjoy!
Old 6 Jan 2019, 09:50 (Ref:3874240)   #65
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
That NSX is fast. Surprised to see the Lexus up there especially with a new team running them.
I predict good things for Lexus this year. 3GT weren't that good a team, and I'm glad Paul is out of the paddock. Now it has a proper team running it, we'll see how good it really is. The answer is apparently very!
Old 6 Jan 2019, 11:25 (Ref:3874254)   #66
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith2424 View Post
The Mazda is showing a lot of speed and even went below the track record during the night session at 1:34.533. That time is 1.5 seconds quicker than last years pole. So the question is has anyone gone full out yet on a mock qual run or is what we are seeing is going to be the race pace?
Guess mazda is the fastest car so far; I'd expect a pole of about 1.34, but watching these timelaps, likely will be 1.33 or even lower.
During the race I think cadillacs will get however a better pace (more torque = overlap slower cars easier) and a 9300rpm AER could detonate at anytime.
Hope penske acuras will show a decent display of fierceness
Old 6 Jan 2019, 16:18 (Ref:3874294)   #67
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Guess mazda is the fastest car so far; I'd expect a pole of about 1.34, but watching these timelaps, likely will be 1.33 or even lower.
During the race I think cadillacs will get however a better pace (more torque = overlap slower cars easier) and a 9300rpm AER could detonate at anytime.
Hope penske acuras will show a decent display of fierceness
I'm super impressed with the times this weekend by all the teams. The Mazda keeps inching lower and now has a 34.2. the overall record is a 33.8 by the AAR Toyotas back in the day.

I also wonder about the longevity of that AER motor in the Mazda, they found the speed, but will it last? I sure hope so!

The Nissan and Acuras have found some pace this morning as well. Good to see.
Old 6 Jan 2019, 17:21 (Ref:3874301)   #68
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
Mazda at a 1:33.848 in qual on its first flyer.
Old 6 Jan 2019, 17:22 (Ref:3874303)   #69
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith2424 View Post
Mazda at a 1:33.848 in qual on its first flyer.
Never mind it now just did a 1:33.398 for the 77.
Old 6 Jan 2019, 17:23 (Ref:3874304)   #70
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
33.39 for Jarvis
33.4 for Tincknell
Old 6 Jan 2019, 17:33 (Ref:3874305)   #71
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
With the qual session for pits/garage done. I think we can easily say that the Mazda has earned a power decrease for the race.
Old 6 Jan 2019, 17:34 (Ref:3874306)   #72
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That'll be a big sack of BoP handed to Mazda. Gotta wonder if others played their hand - almost certainly not.
Old 6 Jan 2019, 17:37 (Ref:3874307)   #73
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
That'll be a big sack of BoP handed to Mazda. Gotta wonder if others played their hand - almost certainly not.
Maybe they were banking on that so now they get to turn down the AER so it may survive the race and they get their choice of pit stalls. Didn't think of that did ya?
Old 6 Jan 2019, 18:20 (Ref:3874313)   #74
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
Maybe they were banking on that so now they get to turn down the AER so it may survive the race and they get their choice of pit stalls. Didn't think of that did ya?
I mean, this would be excellent if so
Old 6 Jan 2019, 18:51 (Ref:3874317)   #75
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
if the rest didnt sandbag and assuming neither were Joest .. omnious pace from Mazda

Ciao Marco