Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 13 Mar 2019, 15:41 (Ref:3890138)   #1
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
2019 Sebring 12 Hours

There is a race this weekend. Discuss.

Schedule

Weather - Florida. March.

Timing - faster than last year's times for all sessions, probably

News

The race will be streamed internationally on imsa.tv, accessible in North America via VPN. Also various NBC options if you're into that sort of thing.

Edit: Forgot link to this thread. LINK

Timing and Scoring

Last edited by joeb; 13 Mar 2019 at 19:42.
Old 13 Mar 2019, 15:48 (Ref:3890142)   #2
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well done, seanyb

I'm going to miss most of it, but noises start this afternoon!

Nice weather report, too
Old 13 Mar 2019, 16:13 (Ref:3890148)   #3
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
What's everyone's strategy for not being able to watch it live? Watch bits and pieces and keep up in real time? Or watch until you can't, record and come back to where you left off when you can? Or wait and ignore it all completely day-of and watch imsa replay in full with rlm commentary the whole way?

Wish I could be there this year. Hope to in next couple years again.
Old 13 Mar 2019, 16:34 (Ref:3890151)   #4
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
In times when I can't sit down for the whole race, I watch what I can live, and check live timing on my phone when away from the TV. I usually use the alkamel live timing aggregator link which doesn't seem to be a working link at the moment.

This method communicates to others around me that there is still a race going on whether you're having a baby or not, and it's not so unimportant that I'll just forego watching the bits and pieces I can fit in.
Old 13 Mar 2019, 16:56 (Ref:3890155)   #5
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Thanks for the race thread!

I looked at weather earlier and they are calling PM showers on race day. 67th running of the 12 Hours!
Old 13 Mar 2019, 17:11 (Ref:3890159)   #6
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!

From a weather report on March 12th.
Old 13 Mar 2019, 18:38 (Ref:3890187)   #7
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Well done, seanyb

I'm going to miss most of it, but noises start this afternoon!

Nice weather report, too
I'll probably miss most of it live as well. St Paddy's parade in BR!
Old 13 Mar 2019, 18:54 (Ref:3890191)   #8
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Timing - faster than last year's times for all sessions, probably
Timing Link: https://livetiming.alkamelsystems.com/imsa
Alternate, when the page is running: https://timing.71wytham.org.uk/

First session for Prototype Challenge is .8 seconds faster than 2018 FP1. Same car, #47 Norma both years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I'll probably miss most of it live as well. St Paddy's parade in BR!
There will also be a St. Paddy's parade in Green Park.
Old 13 Mar 2019, 19:15 (Ref:3890199)   #9
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

There will also be a St. Paddy's parade in Green Park.
Pretty sure that parade has already started...at least all the lubing up has.
Old 13 Mar 2019, 20:08 (Ref:3890220)   #10
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Glad to see no rain on Thursday and Friday, so we can get proper comparison of lap times across IMSA and WEC. Look forward to comparing: 1) LMP1 privateer vs DPI 2) GTE Pro vs GTLM 3) GTE am vs GTD
Old 14 Mar 2019, 13:39 (Ref:3890437)   #11
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
I'm quite interested in the WEC P2 class compared to DPi. Since DPi competed head on with P2 cars last year, and aren't meant to compete with WEC P1 this year. We'll know soon enough.

With the first Pilot Challenge session complete, best 2019 time is over a second faster than best 2018 Conti Challenge FP1 time.

I'm thinking the many WEC miles over the last 10 days has improved the track surface for the early practice sessions as well.
Old 14 Mar 2019, 13:44 (Ref:3890439)   #12
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm going to guess the DPIs get into the 1:45s. A couple seconds quicker than last year seems reasonable. Seems like there's internet issues at the track so no live coverage for now.
Old 14 Mar 2019, 14:23 (Ref:3890452)   #13
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
First on track session is ongoing. With 40 minutes left the leader is 31 just under a 1:47. Porsche leads gt with a 1:56.9
Old 14 Mar 2019, 15:38 (Ref:3890460)   #14
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Dpi slightly faster than wec's lmp2. GTLM a half second faster than GTE.
Old 14 Mar 2019, 16:23 (Ref:3890467)   #15
Danathar
Racer

Danathar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm quite interested in the WEC P2 class compared to DPi. Since DPi competed head on with P2 cars last year, and aren't meant to compete with WEC P1 this year. We'll know soon enough.

With the first Pilot Challenge session complete, best 2019 time is over a second faster than best 2018 Conti Challenge FP1 time.

I'm thinking the many WEC miles over the last 10 days has improved the track surface for the early practice sessions as well.
I just checked the WEC top P2 car in practice. It would be 3rd as I write this on the IMSA practice session.
Old 14 Mar 2019, 16:24 (Ref:3890468)   #16
Danathar
Racer

Danathar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really wish the DPi's could be made a Little faster. Mind you it does not have to be the speed of the LMP1 cars, but within a couple of seconds would be nicer. The time difference as they stand now makes IMSA's prototypes look down right slow.
Old 14 Mar 2019, 17:35 (Ref:3890481)   #17
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danathar View Post
I really wish the DPi's could be made a Little faster. Mind you it does not have to be the speed of the LMP1 cars, but within a couple of seconds would be nicer. The time difference as they stand now makes IMSA's prototypes look down right slow.
This is an ongoing conversation point here. But since they aren't on track with the LMP1 cars, do they really look slow?

Also, they have had 1 practice session, they will likely improve laptimes. Plus they are P2 based cars so that should be the comparison, not vs P1.
Old 14 Mar 2019, 18:35 (Ref:3890493)   #18
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
If they left lmp2 alone, it'd be just as fast as the 'sped up' DPi. When they separated the two, I thought they'd make DPi a good bit faster than what lmp2 is actually capable of. But when you look at the wec's lmp2 times it seems kind of like their reasoning behind separating the two wasn't because lap times or DPi's being 'held back'. Interesting to see GTLM is quicker than GTE but that's probably the BOP differences.
Old 14 Mar 2019, 18:57 (Ref:3890497)   #19
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Practice starts out with a red flag. But still got time to go. I expect times to drop vs first session, but we'll see how much. I'm going out on a limb and saying Caddy will be fastest
Old 14 Mar 2019, 19:01 (Ref:3890498)   #20
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
No radio for this session it appears?
Old 14 Mar 2019, 19:38 (Ref:3890504)   #21
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Practice starts out with a red flag. But still got time to go. I expect times to drop vs first session, but we'll see how much. I'm going out on a limb and saying Caddy will be fastest
I'm wrong so far, mazda at top with a 1:46.8
Old 14 Mar 2019, 19:54 (Ref:3890507)   #22
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
Yeah I haven't heard correct radio for imsa sessions yet this week.
Old 14 Mar 2019, 21:12 (Ref:3890521)   #23
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very weird how the radio on both IMSA.com and RLM are synced but do not coincide with the on track action. RLM is correct on RS3 for the WEC sessions?
Old 15 Mar 2019, 13:34 (Ref:3890674)   #24
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Final practice ends with both Acura's topping the timesheet in DPi, and an Acura tops in GTD as well. Porsche maintained control in GTLM but the times are sure to fall in 30 minutes when qualifying starts.

I think a low 1:46 will take pole overall, and a low 1:56 in GTLM
Old 15 Mar 2019, 14:02 (Ref:3890691)   #25
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Free qualifying stream here:

https://imsatv.imsa.com/

Starts with GTD, then GTLM and Protos