Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 15 Feb 2015, 20:07 (Ref:3505242)   #101
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sue, I hope Angies chocolates didn't play too much of a roll?
Old 1 Jan 2019, 19:48 (Ref:3873488)   #102
Sue Spence
Rookie

Sue Spence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello from the Spences

It has been a long time since I posted an update so here goes......

As most of you know we sold the Elva, a bit of an emotional farewell but we realised that racing was no longer a joint activity for us. Andrew suffers with chronic pain and travelling, sitting for long periods (even in camper van) and getting cold make things worse.

After some time out of adrenalin fuelled sport I reached the decision that learning to fly would be a good new hobby for us both. It's been hard work for my old brain but my restricted licence is within reach. I am learning to fly a fixed wing microlight. The airfield is 20 mins from home, so very handy for Andrew.

Having spent time working out which was the most accessible plane for Andrew, big thank you to local club members for help with this, we bought a plane just before Christmas. All a bit surreal but exciting. She needs to be flow down from Northumberland where she currently is, probably Feb when the days will be longer.

So here starts our new joint adventures up in the blue sky. We are both really looking forward to it, nice that Andrew trusts me to fly him As one chapter closes ..............
Old 2 Jan 2019, 09:10 (Ref:3873571)   #103
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Lovely to hear from you Sue. I have been following a bit on face book. Happy New Year and all the very best on your new adventure. We have a microlight airfield very close to us in South Stoke.Oxfordshire.
Old 2 Jan 2019, 09:22 (Ref:3873574)   #104
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great to hear from you, Sue, and many thanks for the update. Very adventurous and fantastic purchase of a plane. The new chapter beckons and sure you will both get loads of pleasure from it.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!