Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Sep 2003, 14:50 (Ref:719600)   #1
Irv the Swerve
Veteran

Irv the Swerve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Step Up, Ralf and Rubens

the teamates thread has been done before I know, but now we are 2 races to go in the championship. With the championship so tight and the scoring system so closely spaced, surely the championship will not only come down to whoever gets the most points in the next 2 races, but also, if the second driver can stop the other from scoring.

In other words, its time for Ralf and Rubens to step up a gear and get involved in the championship fight - even though they can't win it.

So who is in a better position as regards their rear gunner - Mick or Monty? Can Rubens hold Montoya, and more interestingly, can Ralf hold Michael?
Old 15 Sep 2003, 15:22 (Ref:719637)   #2
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
poor Rubens has been doing it for years so adv. MS.
Don't think RS will be too happy to help JPM ,but its all part of being a team and i'm sure he'll co-operate
Old 15 Sep 2003, 15:24 (Ref:719640)   #3
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
On the basis that the Williams is the better package (certainly for Indy) and also that Ralf and JPM seem more closely matched than the Ferrari pair I'd have to say that Montoya will get the better of this situation. Also, any circuit which suits Williams will likely also suit McLaren and Renault also - so that gives us more cars to fight Ferrari if you see what I mean. When condiditons are good for Ferrari it seems only the Williams can provide competition.

Last edited by Glen; 15 Sep 2003 at 15:25.
Old 16 Sep 2003, 00:47 (Ref:720197)   #4
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I think until Michael wants to pay Ralf 10 million plus and give him a race car, he'll be listening to Frank. The Ralf/Williams combination is far better than Rubins.
Old 16 Sep 2003, 02:57 (Ref:720241)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I expect its a quandry for both Rubens and Rafe.

Rubens is good mates with Juan Pablo and i expect he's tired of being second fiddle to Michael.

Rafe and Juan Pablo aren't exactly bossom buddies and i expect Rafe would rather see his brother win.

Ideal solution for both of them would be to swap teams.

Whilst i agree with Wrex that the Rafe/Williams combo is better, if it came to the last race and it was a choice between Rafe attacking Michael or Rubens attacking Juan Pablo, i know who i'd put my money on.........unfortunatly.

Last edited by Mr V; 16 Sep 2003 at 02:57.
Old 16 Sep 2003, 07:48 (Ref:720361)   #6
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But will Ralf be well enough to race at Indy? There are some doubts that he may not!

So will Gene be good enough?

These two teams are also fighting for the constructors and that will be equally as close and more important for the number 2's!
Old 16 Sep 2003, 07:55 (Ref:720364)   #7
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gene put in a fine performance at the last race, considering he hasn't raced in F1 for quite some time.

Mr V., Rubens hasn't complained about being second fiddle to TGF and he is contracted by the team to do a job, personal feelings don't come into it. That shows when he moves over to let Mike win.
Old 16 Sep 2003, 08:21 (Ref:720394)   #8
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a sneeking suspicion that part of the reason Ralf did not race at Monza was that he didnt fancy the idea of being a "spoiler" for JPM and having to perhaps "hold up" big bro.........
I also have no doubt that he was feeling some ill effects from his big shunt as well
Old 16 Sep 2003, 11:43 (Ref:720575)   #9
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
the cynic in me totally agrees with you

Last edited by PaulSands; 16 Sep 2003 at 11:43.