Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Sep 2003, 15:41 (Ref:718554)   #26
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Congrats on the win MS well done and well driven by the rest of the top 4 .
JV had a stand out race (not that you saw him ) and a great Drive by Mark on a track that really didn't suit the JAG to take 2 points is a huge bonus and taking HHF on the last lap .
After all the mistake's Alonso had he must get save of the day to bring it home in the last point paying spot .

but I'm just wrapped in the 2 points from Webber WOW big bouns and the Button DNF it couldn't get better great race IME
Old 14 Sep 2003, 16:01 (Ref:718574)   #27
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was bloomin' obvious that it was Gene. The timing screens had been showing that Gene as a few seconds ahead of Montoya. With the gap before the stops (between Montoya and Schuamcher) it was the most obvious outcome.

I'd spent Michael's in lap wonderign about how Gene being ahead was going to effect him.

Still apparently it confused Ross Brawn too, so perhaps we are being too harsh on ITV. Although it is hardly a one-off for James. Surprised me with Martin though.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 16:06 (Ref:718582)   #28
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damn right Adam, 2 shots earlier we saw Gene about 1 second ahead of Montoya and even after the screaming the TV graphic told us it was Gene. Another example of Mr Allen making himself look like a fool.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 16:08 (Ref:718587)   #29
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i did know it was Gene .. better say i HOPED it was Gene

Ciao Marco
Old 14 Sep 2003, 16:09 (Ref:718589)   #30
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I immediately knew it was Gene. You could tell by the helmet and the fact that the graphic told you as well. James Allens screaming about Montoya leading was at best moronic. What does he do - shut his eyes whilst screaming?

As for Martin and Ross Brawn. Tsk tsk. Too many lessons off Mr Allen me thinks.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 17:02 (Ref:718636)   #31
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Thought you guys would appreciate a pic of the moment of the race (shame it was half way round lap one really ):

http://www.f1racing.net/photo/upload2/qCOyEQWZhBTBb.jpg

Very nice, but it is too big.

Last edited by Adam43; 14 Sep 2003 at 17:03.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 18:03 (Ref:718677)   #32
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If he had pulled it off, it would've been the overtaking manouever of the year...
Old 14 Sep 2003, 18:38 (Ref:718707)   #33
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It looks like the World Drivers' Championship is Herr Schumacher's to lose, like it has been all year. After today's performance, though, I am afraid that the Ferrari has hit its second wind, and will be hard to top during the final two races.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 22:53 (Ref:718925)   #34
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Just watching the replay on ITV and they've re-recorded the Williams driver mix up after Schu's stop . How pathetic!
Old 15 Sep 2003, 00:18 (Ref:718965)   #35
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
An unbiased view

The guy qualified on pole, led from the start, didn't need any assistance from his team mate who he outgunned, won comfortably. I don't know about the WDC - too early still. But, you can't take this win from the guy. I felt he had JPM covered for the entire race - so let's forget about interfering backmarkers and bring on Indy.

Too bad Ralf the Overtaker was missing in action.

Last edited by Valve Bounce; 15 Sep 2003 at 00:19.
Old 15 Sep 2003, 01:30 (Ref:719016)   #36
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Fantastic drive by Michael, and Juan was there the whole race... waiting... I didn't find Michael's return to form boring at all.

Oh, and I am sure Juan would have had Michael on lap one had his front tyres been 16 mm wider.

Forza Ferrari

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 15 Sep 2003 at 01:31.
Old 15 Sep 2003, 03:22 (Ref:719074)   #37
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
VERY DULL RACE!!!

But we have been spoiled this year concerning the quality of the racing. And with championships on the line as such...

I wouldn't be counting out JPM just yet. There are two races to go at two very different tracks. TGF drove very well yesterday, but who's to say Ferrari won't fall in a heap again at the next race.

All JPM has to do is finish in front of Schu once again at the WDC is certainly back on once again.
Old 15 Sep 2003, 03:52 (Ref:719089)   #38
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
JPM seemed like he may have been a bit faster than MS. It was so in qualifying as well, but that one corner mistake cost pole and probably the win. Regardless, I think Ferrari picked up the pace. I wonder if the tire fiasco may have slowed Williams down a bit from the perspective of having to test the new tires, etc. when they could have been working more on setup.

It's either's WDC to win. Despite today's performance I think the Williams will have an advantage in the US.
Old 15 Sep 2003, 04:02 (Ref:719094)   #39
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Schumacher Wins - WDC next?

Quote:
Originally posted by mjstallard
is it now completely out of sight for Montoya to win the WDC?

No. No completely out for JPM to win the title until Suzuka...
Old 15 Sep 2003, 06:31 (Ref:719158)   #40
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really feel relieved for Mr. Allen big performance: in Italy there are normally 100 Allens, as any commentator talks about Ferrari the same he did about Monty.
At least there is someone like them beyond the Alps!

Abot the WDC and WCC fights, god day for ferrari of course, but nothing radiccally changed in termes of pure digits.
More important from a psycologic point of view that MS recovered an acceptable level of competitiveness.
For us italians, well, memory can't help getting back to 2k...

Last edited by climb; 15 Sep 2003 at 06:32.
Old 15 Sep 2003, 09:06 (Ref:719286)   #41
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An excellent drive from Schumacher with him dictating terms the whole race, Mark Webber got a great result getting the Jag a better result than anyone thought possible. As for the championship don't count JPM out just yet as all he needs to do is beat Schumacher in the next two G.P.'s & he'll grab the WDC while i think Kimi would need a miracle to win the title from here.
Old 15 Sep 2003, 14:21 (Ref:719572)   #42
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: An unbiased view

Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
Too bad Ralf the Overtaker was missing in action.
Only one succesful overtaking move on Schumie Sr. and now he is Ralf the Overtaker ???, pleeeease...
Old 15 Sep 2003, 14:41 (Ref:719590)   #43
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Schumacher could not have done more, and it's at a crucial time: The pole lap was mega - faultless and smooth; the race start and defending to Montoya was also sublime - just enough aggression to hold it together (we might look back at that chicane on that lap and reflect that he won the WDC right there); the race as a whole was tremendous also - no mistakes and perfect control.

What a way for the championship to be poised - I'd have thought that Williams will get one back in Indy, so that will leave us more or less all-square for the final round.

At the moment Schumacher has the very slight advantage as a direct result of winning that scrap for the second chicane - he can afford to be that little bit more pushy in the next race because it is Montoya who can only make do with a win, whereas Schumacher has more options. I wish it weren't so, but right now I'd say Schumacher was favourite to win the WDC.
Old 15 Sep 2003, 15:13 (Ref:719622)   #44
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
(we might look back at that chicane on that lap and reflect that he won the WDC right there)
I thought there were two more races to go...
Old 15 Sep 2003, 15:19 (Ref:719631)   #45
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes Speed - that's why I went on in my post to qualify what I meant by that. In a nutshell, I think he may have gained the advantage psychologically by winning that few-second duel. It's also why I used the word "might".

Why the roll-eyes?
Old 16 Sep 2003, 00:38 (Ref:720196)   #46
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I have to say both Michael and Juan should be highly commended for the opening lap. I was so impressed by both of them. Juan with the attempt, not settling for second and taking the fight to MS but having the sense to back out and play at smart when it did'nt work, and Michael for defending the position with equally matched aggression but again not doing anything silly.

As some here can testify, after qualifying I had moved my WDC prediction to Kimi, I was so convinced these 2 wouls take each other out.

Great stuuf, give me 2 more races with laps like that and I dont care who wins it.
Old 17 Sep 2003, 13:48 (Ref:721869)   #47
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah definitely, it so reminded me of Schumacher and Wurz at Monaco a few years ago.