Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 1 May 2005, 19:51 (Ref:1291195)   #1
Top Gear
Rookie

United Kingdom
Liverpool
Top Gear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What cars at Brands

Who eles can we expevt to be at Brands? I am expecting Mark Procter,also the 2 Lexus of Williams & Curley, Jason Hughes in his Kartworld MG, GA motorsports Alfa & maybe Richard Marsh in the Team Firstserve Honda Civic & maybe Oli in another WSR MG .
Old 1 May 2005, 20:12 (Ref:1291204)   #2
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Before we start all this rampant speculation, how about we give a couple of weeks. It's nearly a month until Brands, anything could happen between now and then.
Old 3 May 2005, 07:51 (Ref:1291810)   #3
Redlake27
Racer

Redlake27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be great to see all of Top Gear's suggestions, plus two Arena Hondas.

I hope these seats get filled, as this year's BTCC would offer potential sponsors the best ever exposure with three races per event and live terrestrial coverage. It has better coverage than British Superbikes, any national rallying, British GT, F3 and WTCC in this country.

Vauxhall, Halfords and Seat recognise that, it is just a shame that the other teams are doing such a poor job pitching to potential sponsors.
Old 3 May 2005, 11:16 (Ref:1291919)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's very rare for worthwhile entries to emerge mid-season. Teams had the whole winter to attract sponsorhsip, and tehy didn't manage it. Anyone joining now will have 8 races to score as many points as the top teams did in 10, so finding the sponsors is even harder, especially as one of the non-TV races was so early in the season.

I doubt there will be 2 Lexi this soon, cosnidering the engine problems they've had, but Proctor should be back. Arena ran Thruxton as a one-off, so hoepfully they will confirm Tom for the rest of the season (assuming none of the races clash with tehir sportscar commitments). Proctor returning is likely, Kartworld might make it but I'd be surprised, while Marsh is a new one to me but would be good news.
Old 4 May 2005, 07:25 (Ref:1292600)   #5
newoutsider
Racer

newoutsider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gear
& maybe Oli in another WSR MG .
Not a cat in hell's chance of that happening, from what I've been told
Old 4 May 2005, 20:25 (Ref:1293153)   #6
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
It's very rare for worthwhile entries to emerge mid-season.
Rare, but it happens.

MG didn't show until the end of 2001...and Team Dynamics returned in late 2003 with Howell & the Astra.
Old 4 May 2005, 20:48 (Ref:1293182)   #7
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Like redshoes says, theres a good while till Brands, anything can happen. Although I don't expect many more cars to be honest.

The more I think about it, the more I think the calendar was designed for teams who were latecomers this year with all these big gaps.
Old 4 May 2005, 21:33 (Ref:1293219)   #8
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We knew MG were going to appear though, that's the difference.