Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Aug 2001, 22:01 (Ref:132729)   #1
s98sadds
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
s98sadds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done my man! - But not who u think

Well done DC, not only have you raced really well this season but also you are gracious in defeat.

It was good to see you battle against Rubens today.

Stephen - member of www.dcsupporters.co.uk

Last edited by s98sadds; 19 Aug 2001 at 22:05.
Old 19 Aug 2001, 23:11 (Ref:132793)   #2
francis
Rookie

francis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good effort - but beaten by a better team (at the moment) and a better driver (TGF).

And I'm a Scotrsman!
Old 19 Aug 2001, 23:16 (Ref:132798)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have to agree, he is a honoured loser.
Old 19 Aug 2001, 23:40 (Ref:132815)   #4
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In fact DC is a good loser, but the problem is that he is because he is used to it. He has the skills, but not the opportunity to win, so every year he has to congratulate himself with another champion.
Congratulations now from my side to you, David, maybe there can be won another Grand Prix this season.

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/jeanalesifreaks (I have a scottish member...lol.)

Best regards,

Julian
Old 20 Aug 2001, 00:56 (Ref:132839)   #5
eatapc
Veteran

eatapc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to offend the DC lovers, but DC has been a sore loser on more than one occasion. Many good drivers have been sore losers at one time or another, so I'm not singling DC out for criticism -- but I don't think he's a shining example of graciousness either. He's had the same opportunities as Mika, who's a two-time champion. You do the math. (Mika also had the fastest lap of the race today.)

Last edited by eatapc; 20 Aug 2001 at 00:56.
Old 20 Aug 2001, 06:14 (Ref:132882)   #6
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We all have our bad days eatapc, today certainly wasn't one for DC when it is judged on the way he conducted himself. DC 's last really bad day was when Heidi busted him
Old 20 Aug 2001, 07:04 (Ref:132898)   #7
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he's still improving every year- but it doesn't stop him from being a loser

(like everyone else)
Old 20 Aug 2001, 07:14 (Ref:132903)   #8
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 20 Aug 2001, 11:46 (Ref:132988)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Do you mean : an improving loser ?
Old 20 Aug 2001, 13:35 (Ref:133042)   #10
eatapc
Veteran

eatapc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm having post-posting guilt about my criticism of DC, so I wanted to say something positive about him. Last year at Indy his car died during a practice session, and he took a scooter out to the side of the track to watch the other cars negotiate the infield road course after the long straight. After awhile, he scooted back to the pits, and on the way was accosted by dozens and dozens of fans. I watched him sign autographs and pose for pictures for about 20 minutes while the session continued. I thought it was a nice gesture to his fans.
Old 20 Aug 2001, 14:05 (Ref:133050)   #11
bghaw
Rookie

bghaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a Mac fan through and through, and thought it was hearbreaking to see TGF and Ferrari run off with the Championships so soon (I have tickets to Indy - rather good ones, might i add) I must say that the Germaly (German+ItalY) combo is just too good to beat this year. I doubt Mac will make a comeback next season. Although i'm pretty sure that next year will belong to Williams.

In anycase, I thought DC drove and outstanding race and showed great poise and sportsmanship (unlike other drivers in other post race conferences). I can only wish him, the team, and MIKA HAKKINEN!!!!! a better season, next year!

GOOOOOO MIIIIIKKAAA!!!!!!
Old 20 Aug 2001, 19:00 (Ref:133204)   #12
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
You know you guys can be realy brutal..I don't quite know what to make of DC? as far as him ever winning the WDC, but he has tried very hard in a not so reliable McLaren this season..IMHO Mika is consistently the better of the two,the numbers prove that fact..One has to realize how dominant Michael and Ferrari are at the moment, most of the time they are simply unbeatable..

Regards...Jeremy
Old 20 Aug 2001, 19:43 (Ref:133219)   #13
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
David, David, David. Second place isn't good enough. remember second is first loser!! Also, in the interview at the start of the ITV coverage, he said it made no difference to him whether he finished second or fourth!!!!I hope he comes fourth now!!!!!!
Old 20 Aug 2001, 21:34 (Ref:133305)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Right said AndyF.