Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 15 May 2007, 21:33 (Ref:1914246)   #1
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Change in Spanish TV broadcasting: reading between lines

I have just read in Autosport about T5 losing TV rights from 2009 for F1 in Spain.

T5 has capitalized a big amount on Alonso success. It is not strange, because interest about F1 in Spain aparently has rised a lot, as Uncle Bernie could explain to us.

The interesting thing about this is T5 has argued further inversion in F1 after 2008 is not necessarily profitable because it depends on competition results. This is perfectly ok, but it is interesting to read between lines.

As T5 inverted in FA *before* he was a WDC, I wonder if they have taken in count the new escenary in F1 to make this business decision. That is, perhaps they think the future of FA as an ongoing winner is dubious and it doesn't deserve a big inversion in TV rights. If FA is not going to be the main player in F1 (Hamilton?) anymore, then spanish tv figures can begin to decline, and broadcaster commercial revenues begin to shrink.

The main channel in Spain leaving F1 (after 2008) is perhaps the first indication of the perceived change of role for FA in Spain.

Or, alternatively, it doesn't mean anything and T5 likes to lose profits ... and like to give them to an enemy channel
Old 16 May 2007, 04:07 (Ref:1914374)   #2
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
interesting view to take, but rather a silly one by T5 i think.
With the tallent Alfonso obviously has he will be a major force in F1 for another decade or so.
And although his performance in F1 has risen the proile of the sport dramatically in Spain it is likely that the increased level will continue even if his performance does dip a bit.
I think T5 are missing an opportunity.