Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Mar 2020, 11:49 (Ref:3966936)   #301
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
No

We are paying at last minute but when someone approached PA last week they were adamant that you need to pay all the dosh to stay on list !

Obviously it going to be postponed

Good news is you will be able to hold your entry until the new date which may be later this year, next year or even 2022

Bet that makes you feel better!

well, if You phoned them, they would say that, wouldnt they ?
One either pays up, or takes a more seasoned view and doesnt.
Depends a bit on Your grid, if there are 20 eager punters hankering after ones spot (as in Plateau 6), and if one doesnt want to miss it at any cost, go on, pay up

If one is in Plateau 1, which is a bit difficult to fill, and if the worst case scenario of beeing out is not a matter of life and death, then perhaps dont

As with all free advice: take mine with a bit of caution

Also: I have admit that I am a bit jaded, so pls factor that in

RuE
Old 26 Mar 2020, 12:34 (Ref:3966943)   #302
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
As with all free advice: take mine with a bit of caution
I think the cancellation is in the hands of the gov' and insurances too atm.
Its not my money but if you like this meeting and find those are really hard working and serious people as I do, may be its the chosen moment to show your support. Or not.
At a very different level, I gave two phone calls to know if certain series organizers are financially affected or not because the annual fees have not been called yet. When the season will start I'll be happy to be able to race and not find a closed door showing a "sorry, bankrupt" label.
This is only my opinion, I can't afford to race at LMC now but much regret it.
Old 26 Mar 2020, 12:48 (Ref:3966948)   #303
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Could they not run the Classic on the same weekend as the 24hr in September or is that too much hassle?
Old 26 Mar 2020, 13:01 (Ref:3966951)   #304
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Could they not run the Classic on the same weekend as the 24hr in September or is that too much hassle?

completely out of the question

the pro racers dont want the amateurs around
and there no space for them anywhere

even the Classic 45 minutes Legends race held before the main event is there on a sufferance only
the minute the race is over on Saturday morning, pit and even grandstand access is impossible
passed invalidated
I understood about the pit access
having paid 4.500 Euros for my entry
the denied grandstand access was a bit rich
I never want back after this

RuE
Old 26 Mar 2020, 14:11 (Ref:3966971)   #305
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I understand your point of view Rudolf! We had the same situation when racing in a support grid at Monaco moons ago. You are welcome and presto you've better run away like a Bauer …
Old 26 Mar 2020, 14:34 (Ref:3966980)   #306
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Why would they want to even try?
The 24 hrs is five continuous days
The LMC is four days
Apart from the fact that two are not comparable and the maths don’t work
It’s two profit centers to get to the base reason for running the LMC
Think about it!
Old 26 Mar 2020, 15:58 (Ref:3966998)   #307
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Maybe this one wouldn't work but i think some organisers may have to cooperate if they want toneun a meeting at the same venue on a given weekend.

I'm thinking Silverstone with WEC and SRO GT3 Europe, or a big HSCC meeting on at same meeting as a Masters or MRL one?
Old 26 Mar 2020, 16:39 (Ref:3967013)   #308
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
completely out of the question
Think this is the right answer for so many reasons. First is the security impossible for so many people, second the track is not permanent, third the real thing lasts 24 hours in a row, fourth LMC brings many competitors, fifth the modern dont appreciate oil drops on the track, and so on…
Old 26 Mar 2020, 16:41 (Ref:3967016)   #309
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I’ll pu that idea down to temporary loss of marbles due to confinement at home....
Old 26 Mar 2020, 17:00 (Ref:3967020)   #310
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
All grids seem to be over subscribed including G1

Only iffy Grid G5?
Old 26 Mar 2020, 17:52 (Ref:3967031)   #311
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I’ll put that idea down to temporary loss of marbles due to confinement at home....
Old 26 Mar 2020, 18:06 (Ref:3967037)   #312
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I’ll pu that idea down to temporary loss of marbles due to confinement at home....

No need for that, I was only asking
Old 26 Mar 2020, 18:29 (Ref:3967044)   #313
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Paracétamol, anyone?
Old 26 Mar 2020, 19:35 (Ref:3967056)   #314
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
No need for that, I was only asking
Fair enough, but how are the WEC 24hr cars and LMC grids that use the circuit for the same period on the same weekend going to co-exist?
Old 26 Mar 2020, 19:57 (Ref:3967061)   #315
S griffin
Veteran

Just wondered if there would be any free time that could be filled during the weekend. Maybe it would make sense to do it a week or two after or is that also out of the question? Would be too much to close off the roads two weeks running for example?
Old 26 Mar 2020, 19:59 (Ref:3967064)   #316
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

It interesting that we in the old bangers were treated as second class people when MRL ran their Historic’s as a prequel to 24 hrs.

One year the Aston team let us use their pit stuff .

Pity as my lot were messing about on the circuit probably passing fifteen times a lap for whole race and driving like very old men when they passed the pits.

Didn’t work,out I saw it all on the many screens made available to us!
Old 27 Mar 2020, 06:35 (Ref:3967120)   #317
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Did they spin a lot when out of view? Bandits! The interest in pre-war stuff is growing, its just that crowds need some education. Thanks to people like you an bauble we can watch and learn about this moving fast giant museum.
Old 27 Mar 2020, 07:30 (Ref:3967124)   #318
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Just wondered if there would be any free time that could be filled during the weekend. Maybe it would make sense to do it a week or two after or is that also out of the question? Would be too much to close off the roads two weeks running for example?
Free time over the weekend?

You really do have no idea, do you. Le Mans Classic is solid track action from Friday morning until late Sunday. That includes nights......

Holding the event in October is never going to happen, it’s a mid summer event and would only ever work as such.
Old 27 Mar 2020, 09:33 (Ref:3967151)   #319
S griffin
Veteran

OK, well you learn something new everyday
Old 27 Mar 2020, 09:38 (Ref:3967154)   #320
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ho yes, of course, thank you Mike I note that during the same weekend there's no room for two 24 hours races. I'll keep that in mind.
Old 27 Mar 2020, 09:43 (Ref:3967157)   #321
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I note that during the same weekend there's no room for two 24 hours races.
Surely you're mistaken?

There are 48 hours in a weekend, and 2x24=48?

Just have the first race start at 0000hrs Saturday - then the next set of competitors lined up in the pits at 2355hrs - ready to start at 0000hrs Sunday.

Just don't bother with practices, qualifying, or any work on the track/facilities between races.
Old 27 Mar 2020, 09:53 (Ref:3967160)   #322
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Spot on!
Old 27 Mar 2020, 17:13 (Ref:3967237)   #323
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Surely you're mistaken?

There are 48 hours in a weekend, and 2x24=48?

Just have the first race start at 0000hrs Saturday - then the next set of competitors lined up in the pits at 2355hrs - ready to start at 0000hrs Sunday.

Just don't bother with practices, qualifying, or any work on the track/facilities between races.
No argument that two days is 48 hours.

Please explain why I should want to turn up at Le Mans and be included in a circus of two major events being run at the same time.?

How do PA get an income?

It’s not going to happen!

Hopefully be there next year!
Old 27 Mar 2020, 17:25 (Ref:3967241)   #324
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
No argument that two days is 48 hours.

Please explain why I should want to turn up at Le Mans and be included in a circus of two major events being run at the same time.?

How do PA get an income?

It’s not going to happen!

Hopefully be there next year!
You did see the at the end of my post didn't you?
Old 27 Mar 2020, 17:40 (Ref:3967244)   #325
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Malcolm, tell me the story of the guy coming from nowhere and landing seriously right in the middle of poor jokes. No worry Mister Rouston, just kidding ya no… We did nothing in fact, Mike started with