Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 21 Sep 2020, 16:53 (Ref:4005392)   #1901
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I guess the Mail has more important things to report. They concentrate more on the bigger sports events to be frank or rather big sports events that have a big following
Old 21 Sep 2020, 17:19 (Ref:4005397)   #1902
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I guess the Mail has more important things to report. They concentrate more on the bigger sports events to be frank or rather big sports events that have a big following
Bigger sports????

They need to learn then what a big sport is......
Old 21 Sep 2020, 17:45 (Ref:4005406)   #1903
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The mail and most papers pander to the lower levels of society so soccer is covered, and then rugby/cricket gets some coverage, F1 gets coverage despite attendance at any GP being a fraction of le mans attendance. However the quiz section in the mail is ok and it only cost 70p also so much cheaper than the times/telegraph
Old 22 Sep 2020, 19:11 (Ref:4005686)   #1904
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
The mail and most papers pander to the lower levels of society so soccer is covered...
Come on dude, that comment isn't worthy of you or this forum.
Old 23 Sep 2020, 06:44 (Ref:4005748)   #1905
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
We all have our favourite sports and i have friends that like soccer, and with the closure of the local mental institutions they are allowed to wander the streets, i blame government cuts.. Only joking by the way
Old 23 Sep 2020, 10:22 (Ref:4005785)   #1906
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
I thought it was spot on, personally.....
Old 23 Sep 2020, 10:39 (Ref:4005793)   #1907
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i think we think on similar lines andrew
Old 23 Sep 2020, 11:35 (Ref:4005804)   #1908
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think Le Mans is always going to struggle for space against the beautiful game. Just wish the press could devote a bit of coverage to the 24 hours, although it could be worse I guess
Old 23 Sep 2020, 11:44 (Ref:4005813)   #1909
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
OK perhaps i am in a different position but when i was working in the bank in London, football was not very popular with people compared to Cricket (ok i was an accountant) rugby and motor racing. i know a few people that like football but very few compared to those that are not bothered by sport at all. Personally i have little or no interest in soccer, and never have so that puts me in the majority of the 70m people in the uk.
Old 23 Sep 2020, 12:45 (Ref:4005831)   #1910
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rugby is for poshos, Australians (union) and Northerners (league)

Also, American Football is the best egg-shaped ball game.
Old 23 Sep 2020, 13:05 (Ref:4005834)   #1911
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post

Very controversial there Guy,
Old 23 Sep 2020, 16:28 (Ref:4005877)   #1912
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I grew up a baseball player and mostly a soccer player in an American football town and played soccer at the collegiate level. I grew away from that sport but my son LOVES it and hates American football, to the point he calls it footegg, because balls are round, not egg shaped

And I made the comment elsewhere earlier this week when talking about "sports" in general that they're all very, very silly, when we dissect them, yet they're billion or trillion dollar (pound, Euro, Yen, whatever) industries from them.

To each their own!
Old 25 Sep 2020, 06:49 (Ref:4006114)   #1913
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Well some of our group went for a covid friendly driving tour in Wales - we stayed at a hotel where the manager put a massive screen in the ballroom set out with sofas / chairs in groups of six and, with a laptop, I connected the app to it and we watched the official stream faultessly - in the circumstances it worked out well. I thought the official commentary team including Graham Goodwin and Allan McNish did a great job - very informative and without all the silly banter and side talking you get on RLM
Old 25 Sep 2020, 09:25 (Ref:4006140)   #1914
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Bearing in mind the full title of this thread.....
Attached Thumbnails
shirt.JPG  
Old 25 Sep 2020, 12:26 (Ref:4006205)   #1915
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Slightly off-series, but it's fantastic to hear Paul Truswell across on youtube helping on the Nurburgring 24 qualifying stream.
Old 25 Sep 2020, 14:22 (Ref:4006229)   #1916
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr View Post
Slightly off-series, but it's fantastic to hear Paul Truswell across on youtube helping on the Nurburgring 24 qualifying stream.
Ah, that is good news. I was worried about his situation when he didn't come on the radio at all during the 24 Hours...
Old 25 Sep 2020, 20:07 (Ref:4006263)   #1917
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I thought they did speak to him at least once, pretty sure i heard him
Old 25 Sep 2020, 20:33 (Ref:4006265)   #1918
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was early on in the race week I think. Didn’t here it, but saw a tweet with him sat with loads of screens.
Old 25 Sep 2020, 20:38 (Ref:4006266)   #1919
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
He was on the radio several times during practice and qually, but not in the race. I watched and listened to everything..... (of course).
Old 26 Sep 2020, 01:44 (Ref:4006295)   #1920
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

And nice shirt.
Old 26 Sep 2020, 08:42 (Ref:4006327)   #1921
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
There is nothing worse than seeing a person wearing a shirt from an even they did not attended. Only joking Andrew looks good, but i will get a 2020 one next year hopefully at half price or less.
Old 26 Sep 2020, 09:16 (Ref:4006332)   #1922
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
There is nothing worse than seeing a person wearing a shirt from an even they did not attended. Only joking Andrew looks good, but i will get a 2020 one next year hopefully at half price or less.
Nothing worse than seeing someone at an event wearing last year's shirt.....

It's actually a smart shirt, better than many of their recent offerings. Even better, I didn't buy it......
Old 26 Sep 2020, 19:17 (Ref:4006492)   #1923
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post

Guy, I agree for us football. Rugby is very interesting though.
Old 30 Jan 2021, 15:12 (Ref:4032081)   #1924
Breanerse34
Rookie

Breanerse34 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
https://youtu.be/02Q9Kbb6eS8

Eurosport apparently with RLM feed.
Unfortunately, the video is blocked
Old 16 Aug 2021, 22:30 (Ref:4067105)   #1925
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Free practice 1 apparently isn't televised?

Which is weird considering it has been televised for a long time even when fiawec.com streaming forgot to include it.