Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Mar 2021, 20:30 (Ref:4038758)   #26
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I can't find the picture now, but somewhere I saw the US flag was printed backwards with the stars on top right.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
The American flag is on the car. It's buried in the black on the bottom of the sidepod. I can be cynical and say it's small and under the Russian flag on the top of the car.

Richard
Old 4 Mar 2021, 20:32 (Ref:4038759)   #27
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I can't find the picture now, but somewhere I saw the US flag was printed backwards with the stars on top right.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
It's not backwards.
On vehicles, ships, aircraft and military uniform - the canton is assumed to be at the front.
If it helps to remember - 'Stars fly forward'
Old 4 Mar 2021, 21:03 (Ref:4038767)   #28
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
will this be their actual race livery?

Mclaren and Ferrari reveal their cars with livery they are legally prevented from using in a race so maybe Haas is as well? perhaps Haas will wait for the first race to see if their is a legal or FIA challenge to smarten up?
Old 4 Mar 2021, 21:23 (Ref:4038779)   #29
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I see nothing to suggest this isn’t the livery Haas intend to use. Have to say I am loving the colour schemes on the F1 grid this year. Now I feel like drooling, if only there were more cars on the grid
Old 4 Mar 2021, 21:34 (Ref:4038784)   #30
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
It's not backwards.
On vehicles, ships, aircraft and military uniform - the canton is assumed to be at the front.
If it helps to remember - 'Stars fly forward'
Right. And if you viewed the car on the other side, it would present the flag in the classic view. The way I view it, imagine the car as a flag pole with the wind blowing from the front.

Richard
Old 5 Mar 2021, 00:02 (Ref:4038814)   #31
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Yes I noticed that too Max.

Found a pic that shows....(under the S of Haas)

Also note that Steiner has specifically avoided admitting any guilt re the flag similarity.
Guenther Steiner has denied its new livery was designed to circumvent restrictions on its driver Nikita Mazepin using the Russian flag.

(Mazepin, along with other Russian athletes, is forbidden from using the Russian flag at sporting events this year following a ruling by the Court of Arbitration for Sport last December on an investigation by the World Anti-Doping Agency.
Steiner denied this was a reaction to the WADA ruling.)

“We didn’t circumvent anything,” he said. “We came up with this livery already last year before all this came out from WADA about the Russian flag.”

The WADA restrictions forbid Mazepin and other Russian athletes from displaying the Russian flag and related symbols on their sports equipment for two years.

“Obviously we cannot use the Russian flag as the Russian flag but you can use colours on the car.”
“In the end it’s the athlete which cannot display the Russian flag and not the team, the team is an American team.”

https://www.racefans.net/2021/03/04/...unced-steiner/
Old 5 Mar 2021, 02:31 (Ref:4038823)   #32
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Allan Moffat Ford Dealer team rang asking for Livery Royalties

Even number 9
Tho he was soon #1

Old 5 Mar 2021, 02:40 (Ref:4038824)   #33
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Those Falcons are badass.

The flag is right, fellas. She's just blowin' in the wind.

Old 5 Mar 2021, 02:57 (Ref:4038826)   #34
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Those Falcons are badass.

The flag is right, fellas. She's just blowin' in the wind.

* yeah!
Old 14 Mar 2021, 09:56 (Ref:4040418)   #35
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well I never knew that! Thanks all, really interesting.