Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Jan 2022, 09:54 (Ref:4094984)   #2076
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Oh wait, the second R? I was thinking of Arnage not Arnarge.
Ha yes, why?
Old 28 Jan 2022, 08:53 (Ref:4095638)   #2077
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Have a go at at a common link between these cars, sometimes you will need the manufacturerand sometimes the model.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Quiz (1).JPG
Views:	7
Size:	2.38 MB
ID:	73395Click image for larger version

Name:	Quiz (5).JPG
Size:	726.2 KB
ID:	73396Click image for larger version

Name:	Quiz (2).JPG
Views:	8
Size:	626.8 KB
ID:	73397

Click image for larger version

Name:	Quiz (4).JPG
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	73398Click image for larger version

Name:	Quiz (3).JPG
Views:	6
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	73399Click image for larger version

Name:	Quiz (6).JPG
Views:	13
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	73400
Old 28 Jan 2022, 10:29 (Ref:4095653)   #2078
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Email sent.
Old 29 Jan 2022, 18:50 (Ref:4095926)   #2079
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
The first three are pimp-mobiles!
Old 1 Feb 2022, 21:36 (Ref:4097021)   #2080
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have found an obscure connection between all of the cars, but it is not what RBS is after, and i understand it is not my sort of puzzle! I am too old.

No help whatsoever RB.
Old 1 Feb 2022, 21:57 (Ref:4097023)   #2081
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I have found an obscure connection between all of the cars, but it is not what RBS is after, and i understand it is not my sort of puzzle! I am too old.

No help whatsoever RB.
Ditto for me Bauble.... I got all the cars and an I thought altogether reasonable connection between all, but was told also it was not the required answer. Oh, and that it was a more difficult challenge to the usual puzzles.
Old 1 Feb 2022, 23:14 (Ref:4097037)   #2082
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Ditto for me Bauble.... I got all the cars and an I thought altogether reasonable connection between all, but was told also it was not the required answer. Oh, and that it was a more difficult challenge to the usual puzzles.
EB, like you I went for an avian connection initially, however, I came up with the fact all of the cars are named after the marques origins.

Louis Chevrolet.
Henry Ford.
Antoine Cadillac
Alfieri Maserati
Mercedes Jellinek
Den, Aoyama. Takeuchi (DATsun,)

Probably a better answer than the one RB has in mind.

I have now retired from the fray, to enjoy my dotage dreaming up easy puzzles.
Old 2 Feb 2022, 19:41 (Ref:4097147)   #2083
bauble
Veteran

England
With RBS setting a really hard puzzle, and after three failed attempts, RB has taken pity on me and revealed the correct answer, I can tell you it requires knowledge outside the realms of this Forum, and mine. So here is a nice simple alternative for he less gifted;

Just ID the odd one out, and why it is; Simples;
Attached Thumbnails
1puz (1).JPG   1puz (4).jpg   1puz (5).JPG  

1puz (3).JPG   1puz (6).JPG   1puz (2).JPG  

Old 2 Feb 2022, 20:31 (Ref:4097158)   #2084
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Is the Audi compliant to GW rules?
Old 3 Feb 2022, 05:05 (Ref:4097197)   #2085
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Odd one out? The Allard does not appear to have a driver at the wheel.

Im sure that is not the answer the now returned Mr (Devious) Sneaky is after.....
Old 3 Feb 2022, 08:15 (Ref:4097208)   #2086
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Audi because it is not a 20th century car.
Old 3 Feb 2022, 08:19 (Ref:4097209)   #2087
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Questionable, and wrong, you really should know better. I thought this would be a doddle for you.

Everyone; There is a huge clue in one of my earlier replies to RBS's teaser.
Old 3 Feb 2022, 13:45 (Ref:4097238)   #2088
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Email sent.
Old 3 Feb 2022, 14:23 (Ref:4097241)   #2089
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Questionable, and wrong, you really should know better. I thought this would be a doddle for you.

Everyone; There is a huge clue in one of my earlier replies to RBS's teaser.
Was the R8 launched in 2006, making it a 21st century car. But the answer was tounge in cheek. PM with the real answer.
Old 3 Feb 2022, 18:31 (Ref:4097272)   #2090
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
With both Bauble and EB admitting defeat and no other offers,. The answer was all the cars pictured featured in popular songs.

Pink Cadillac by Grace Jones
Ford Thunderbird in The Beach Boys Fun Fun Fun
Chevrolet Corvette by Prince
Mercedes Benz by Janis Joplin
Maserati mentioned in Lifes been good by Joe Walsh
Datsun mentioned in All I want to do do by Sheryl Crow.
Old 3 Feb 2022, 19:10 (Ref:4097278)   #2091
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this is the second one in recent months that I may have the correct answer to - PM sent.
Old 3 Feb 2022, 19:39 (Ref:4097283)   #2092
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Im sure that is not the answer the now returned Mr (Devious) Sneaky is after.....
I was looking for something simple, like initials DB, SZ, A40. A100 but it does not work at all.
Old 3 Feb 2022, 19:49 (Ref:4097285)   #2093
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I was looking for something simple, like initials DB, SZ, A40. A100 but it does not work at all.
Gerard think ONLY of the names, why is Renault named Renault? Because it was founded by ....?
Old 3 Feb 2022, 19:55 (Ref:4097287)   #2094
bauble
Veteran

England
The trouble with devising these puzzles is that the law of unintended consequences often comes in to cock it all up. Every car is 'odd' for some reason and many answers are 'right' in one respect but, not for the reason I had in mind.

Audi is the odd in this case, so just work out why. NO TECNICAL KNOWLEDGE IS REQUIRED, JUST A GRASP OF HISTORY.

Baub.
Old 4 Feb 2022, 06:20 (Ref:4097328)   #2095
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
You mean Audi comes from Auto Union and not Mister or Miss Something?

Well, dont GRASP TOO MUCH HISTORY because you could find August. August Horch actually, not the calendar…
Old 4 Feb 2022, 06:24 (Ref:4097329)   #2096
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Bob, ask EB or RB why the first Renault were named after a famous parisian street. Some help? Does voiturette type rue lepic rings a Sacré Coeur bell?
Old 4 Feb 2022, 06:43 (Ref:4097330)   #2097
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
OK suppose Audi is the odd one. What about the Alfa? Consider its named after Nicola Romeo?
Old 4 Feb 2022, 07:31 (Ref:4097333)   #2098
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Audi comes from the Latin to hear. Audi came out of the German car firm , Horch, German for' listen ! '

NB - I've only looked at the last couple of posts so am guessing what the question was !
Old 4 Feb 2022, 07:54 (Ref:4097336)   #2099
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Audi comes from the Latin to hear. Audi came out of the German car firm , Horch, German for' listen ! '

NB - I've only looked at the last couple of posts so am guessing what the question was !
Fear not, I sent our esteemed quizmaster chapter and verse of Audi history, in Latin English and German!

I received an evasive answer nothing to do with Audi.....
Old 4 Feb 2022, 08:18 (Ref:4097338)   #2100
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
With both Bauble and EB admitting defeat and no other offers,. The answer was all the cars pictured featured in popular songs.

Pink Cadillac by Grace Jones
Ford Thunderbird in The Beach Boys Fun Fun Fun
Chevrolet Corvette by Prince
Mercedes Benz by Janis Joplin
Maserati mentioned in Lifes been good by Joe Walsh
Datsun mentioned in All I want to do do by Sheryl Crow.
There are many songs referring to Maserati cars.... one I hasten to add I had never heard of called "Mingy Mingy in my Maserati"! (I clicked on it out of curiosity.....It made my ears bleed and was not to my taste.

I then got my friend Mr Google to search :"Song lyrics mentioning Maserati". Hoping to find something pleasant maybe by Chris Rea. Hmmmm. Lyrics are not what they used to be..... (dont click if easily offended!) https://www.lyrics.com/lyrics/maserati