Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 26 May 2020, 12:10 (Ref:3978387)   #26
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
About time they got a driver in on merit, instead just because of being (notional) owner’s son. Long surprised Audi tolerated him as a choice.
Old 26 May 2020, 12:18 (Ref:3978389)   #27
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
in two minds about that.

audi have been a bit draconian.

but it's also incredibly stupid to think it's a good idea to bring a ringer in to pretend to be you in essentially what is a mandatory pr activity. nobody enjoys all pr activities but if you'd not send a ringer to an autograph session then having one compete in an online race is probably also a fairly bad idea. everybody else managed to behave themselves, even the other guys who don't get on with sim racing. reeks of a bit of privilege, to be honest.
Old 26 May 2020, 17:32 (Ref:3978458)   #28
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Abt's a funny one. I always forget he's there, and even now I couldn't think of how he's done in FE.

Checked Wiki, and he won races a couple of years back, and had his fair share of non points scoring races. However, most of the races he appears to finish solidly from 4th-8th.

Not a bad record at all, considering some of his opponents have had much better careers up to this point.

Also, I completely forgot that he's one of only 4 driver who've been in FE since the beginning.
Old 28 May 2020, 12:39 (Ref:3978909)   #29
DreamLine
Rookie

DreamLine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Audi reputation is most important !!!
Old 28 May 2020, 16:56 (Ref:3978960)   #30
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How bonded are Audi and Abt (the team)?
Could something have happened between them, prior to this, and Daniel Abt is the first casualty? Or could his sacking be the first shot in a future break up?

Or do Abt keep tight-lipped about their family member being fired as Audi bankrolls the team?
Bit of an awkward family dinner if they don't stick up for a family member I would have thought.
Have Abt themselves said anything publicly?
Old 29 May 2020, 08:00 (Ref:3979082)   #31
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was an FE sanctioned event with sponsors and all that good stuff. He made everyone at Audi look ridiculous, and any sponsors would reserve the right to be ****ed. DHH did say that he cheated at a game...but driving cars in circles is essentially a big game.

Audi clearly wanted to get rid of him and this was a perfect excuse.
Old 29 May 2020, 11:42 (Ref:3979130)   #32
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it did seem quite convenient for audi - they've got a bunch of bored ex-dtm drivers to accommodate in 2021 who are far better, he's taking up a prime seat.

if there isn't something else going on behind the scenes regarding the abt tuning business and audi then it's surely going to start something.

one thing that seems a bit odd is "but he's a nice guy" as a defence. yes. good people make serious errors of judgement too. the fact he didn't even stop to consider that there may be consequences from a professional perspective is privilege in action.
Old 30 May 2020, 18:33 (Ref:3979326)   #33
DreamLine
Rookie

DreamLine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For ABT.
There is always the opportunity to return to the Endurance Race. But not in Audi.
Old 8 Jun 2020, 19:29 (Ref:3980884)   #34
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Weherlein quits Mahindra.

On his way to Porsche (replacing Jani?), or Audi ?

https://www.autosport.com/fe/news/14...mediate-effect
Old 9 Jun 2020, 11:27 (Ref:3980972)   #35
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope that they can re-start the season, abandoning it where it is feels unfinished. I guess they might have to use venues other than street circuits.
Old 17 Jun 2020, 08:16 (Ref:3982417)   #36
smithhehehaha
Racer

smithhehehaha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Update from FIA: Both good and bad news.

Good news is the season can be resumed, by running 6 more races in around a week.

Bad news is all races will be held in Berlin (with 3 track layouts), with no spectators allowed to attend these races.

https://www.fia.com/news/fia-formula...ces-row-berlin

Last edited by smithhehehaha; 17 Jun 2020 at 08:23.
Old 17 Jun 2020, 10:52 (Ref:3982453)   #37
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I get that there can’t be spectators, but 6 races at the same track in the space of 9 days??? Well at least it’s a championship I guess.
Old 17 Jun 2020, 11:29 (Ref:3982457)   #38
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Katz View Post
I get that there can’t be spectators, but 6 races at the same track in the space of 9 days??? Well at least it’s a championship I guess.
Sounds like the cheapest way to meet contractual obligations?
Old 17 Jun 2020, 18:22 (Ref:3982520)   #39
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The 2 day break between each double header is to rebuild the track. Each pair of races is using a different layout.

So it's six races at the same venue, but across three different tracks. Made possible by not needing grandstands, I guess.
Old 17 Jun 2020, 22:04 (Ref:3982551)   #40
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Sounds like the cheapest way to meet contractual obligations?
Its a shame they havent taken the opportunity to try the series out on proper circuits.
Old 18 Jun 2020, 04:06 (Ref:3982559)   #41
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Its a shame they havent taken the opportunity to try the series out on proper circuits.
The cars can’t do it, and look awfully slow.
Old 19 Jun 2020, 13:00 (Ref:3982775)   #42
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
nothing personal, but it really irritates me when people lament or demand formula e runs on normal circuits - it's like suggesting a standard kart race at donington. like peebee says, it's just not the right vehicle for the job.
Old 20 Jun 2020, 22:25 (Ref:3982988)   #43
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
One would hope they picked the AVUS...
Old 22 Jul 2020, 13:46 (Ref:3990189)   #44
mini1400
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chelmsford, Essex
mini1400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So first two races run the circuit in reverse, next two are the standard layout and the final two using a modified layout:

https://www.fiaformulae.com/en/champ...1/berlin-eprix

Could be interesting going WD!
Old 5 Aug 2020, 07:53 (Ref:3993062)   #45
LPP68
Rookie

LPP68 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It started. Live on youtube
Old 5 Aug 2020, 15:12 (Ref:3993157)   #46
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is my least favourite FE track I think as it's a bit big at times. But whatever, it's racing, I'll watch it.
Old 5 Aug 2020, 17:56 (Ref:3993179)   #47
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Calling it now: Half the field will be DQ'd for not lifting on 0% energy,.
Old 5 Aug 2020, 18:28 (Ref:3993186)   #48
LPP68
Rookie

Interesting tactics of Dacosta, pulling hard in the beginning to expose Vergnes disadvantage in energymanagement? Whatever it was, it worked, and especially if it was really meant to make JEV's live difficult.

Last edited by LPP68; 5 Aug 2020 at 18:49.
Old 5 Aug 2020, 18:36 (Ref:3993188)   #49
LPP68
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
This is my least favourite FE track I think as it's a bit big at times. But whatever, it's racing, I'll watch it.
Agreed with you until a few years ago, but with the power the cars have these days I think the scale is very good. I think it is one of the best tracks for spectators, who wil hopefully be back next year in large numbers.
Old 6 Aug 2020, 18:08 (Ref:3993384)   #50
LPP68
Rookie

Commanding drive again from Dacosta! Loved The fight for third.

Does any statisticsbuff know if this might be the largest lead in the FE championship ever? And when, if ever has anybody done 3 wins in a row?