Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Nov 2000, 22:51 (Ref:46462)   #1
Geva racing
Racer

Geva racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now I want to talk to you all about GT2

Will the LM-GT/GTS category be dominated by british marques.

over the last couple of months we've seen small british sportscar rise up and take the challenge!

Marcos, Lister, Aston Martin, TVR and Lotus have all been developing cars that can win races.
==========================================================

What marques can we expect at le mans?

I think: Lister, Chrysler, Chevrolet, Saleen, TVR, Aston Martin, Ferrari, Porsche and marcos will be entering the big race.

please correct me if I'm wrong!!

Are Aston Martin already working on the GTS Vanquish?
==========================================================

Who will be entering in the ELMS and FIA GTS Classes?

Please reply.
Old 3 Nov 2000, 02:41 (Ref:46485)   #2
BobN
Racer

BobN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTS

My guess would exclude Marcos and Lister unless they lose the sequential gearboxes. I think you are right about Vette, Viper (non-factory), Saleen, Aston Martin and Porsche. Although I doubt the Porsche will be the new Carrera in 2001. Ferrari were listed as entries last year but were no shows. I hope you are right that they do race in 2001.

As to ELMS/ALMS I think you will see Vette, Viper (Carsport or other privateers) and Saleen with the occasional independant Porsche.

Bob

Old 3 Nov 2000, 10:42 (Ref:46517)   #3
Geva racing
Racer

do you think Carsport Holland scared the factory teams with they're speed at Las Vegas?

This could also mean that Saleen, Lister, an Chevrolet can be very scared of privateer Vipers.

Carsport is going to get a 200 car aren't they.
Old 3 Nov 2000, 12:23 (Ref:46535)   #4
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saw in Autosport that Chamberlain are returning to British GT's, so don't know about Le Mans...

Other british marques... what about Noble?? They're looking at running up to 5 cars next year, although not sure about Le Mans..

Not sure about TVR.. would their car last??
Old 3 Nov 2000, 12:42 (Ref:46541)   #5
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And what about this!!!!

Bentley Motors announced today its intention to return to the famous Circuit International du Mans for the Le Mans 24 Hour race.
Said chief executive Tony Gott "I am thrilled to confirm that Bentley Motors will be back at Le Mans next year. Obviously this is a terrific opportunity for Bentley Motors whose reputation was founded on its racing success of the 1920s and early 1930s.

"With an all-new chassis and body, the Bentley " EXP (Experimental) Speed 8" Le Mans racing car has been quietly under development in the UK for more than a year, and will contest the LM-GTP class. For 2001, the race engine will be a Bentley version of the winning Audi Le Mans V8, which is being extensively developed and will feature new turbo technology, cooling and induction and exhaust systems.

"This transitional strategy of using proven engine technology from within the Group will enable us to return to Le Mans in 2001 and, more importantly, will enable us to ‘shake down’ our all-new chassis and body - whilst developing an all-new Bentley Le Mans engine for future years."

The racing Bentley is being built in Norfolk by Racing Technology Norfolk, and the programme will be managed by Richard Lloyd at Apex Motorsport in Buckingham. The driver line-up and further details will be announced in due course.
Old 5 Nov 2000, 13:08 (Ref:46813)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now we're sure TimD will be at Le Mans this year. Bently are his drive of choice!

I wonder if the Saleen will be any good this year. I have the feeling it will be like that thing Yannick Dalmas drove that lasted one lap and was dished. But it is a great looking car except kind of swishy like the new Panoz. I hope someone can give the Vipers a run this year. Seeing them win all the time makes it too much like F1.
Old 5 Nov 2000, 16:51 (Ref:46848)   #7
Geva racing
Racer

The Saleen is going to be a winner for the somewhat shorter races but I think that the gearbox will be the weak part of the car.

in the ELMS it will go between the Vipers and the Listers.

Carsport should be the team to beat if armed with 2000 cars.
I don't think Oreca will come but Brookspeed may come with a saleen.