Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 31 Mar 2012, 20:41 (Ref:3051409)   #51
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Agreed

Neate and Plato had times disallowed twice, Shedden 3 times. Also 12 Clios, 6 Juniors and 4 Porsches lost times in their qualifying sessions. Lets see if drivers start to get the message for the rest of the year.
The MSA have issued new instuctions for this year and are requiring Clerks to take action in respect of 4 wheels off and requiring MSA Stewards to advise whether Clerks are complying so hopefully we will see all clubs being consistent.
Old 31 Mar 2012, 20:51 (Ref:3051412)   #52
Burp
Racer

United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
Burp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by markreeves View Post
If anyone hasnt seen it yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGiw3uYXbnk
Shocking,
Old 31 Mar 2012, 23:01 (Ref:3051468)   #53
trebor901
Racer

trebor901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Indeed, however they have also said "£4k that's my whole parts budget done in one hit", so lets hope nothing else happens tomorrow.
this is btcc of course more will be done tomorrow haha, in all seriousness though the cars look great and it looks like it could be a very unpredictable season
Old 31 Mar 2012, 23:07 (Ref:3051472)   #54
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Exceeding Track Limits is something the MSA have asked Observers/Post Chiefs to call in at all levels of National motorsport. The excuse "But the Touring Car drivers get away with it all the time" has been rendered invalid. Finally!
Old 31 Mar 2012, 23:32 (Ref:3051484)   #55
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Exceeding Track Limits is something the MSA have asked Observers/Post Chiefs to call in at all levels of National motorsport. The excuse "But the Touring Car drivers get away with it all the time" has been rendered invalid. Finally!
Indeed. I remember a few years back at donington, I was on the last corner, we were asked to call in any 4 wheel off incident s they would be disallowed that lap or penalised, after qualifying we asked what had been done as most drivers had done something wrong, toca's answer was oh just leave it, it makes good tv!

Pretty much sums it up really
Old 1 Apr 2012, 00:05 (Ref:3051499)   #56
SteveLevin
Rookie

United States
near the Corkscrew!
SteveLevin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWiskins View Post
And yes - I feared we might be in for a bit of a pit-lane brouhaha, a la Rockingham last year. I guess he assumed that everyone was on an in-lap like himself, but no excuse really...
Welcome!

I just want to know what size box of candy comes with a BTCC competition license in it as a prize? Because Chris James certainly didn't drive like he'd earned one...

Steve
Old 1 Apr 2012, 00:25 (Ref:3051505)   #57
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you as well!

I'm sad to see a few 'protect the team-mate' conspiracy theories showing up already - I'm pretty sure it was just a case of not paying attention. Would still love to have been able to hear any words that might have been exchanged afterwards, though.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 11:18 (Ref:3051680)   #58
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Normal BTCC service appears to be resumed today...
Old 1 Apr 2012, 11:37 (Ref:3051688)   #59
markreeves
Racer

England
Hull
markreeves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So pleased for West Surrey
Old 1 Apr 2012, 11:40 (Ref:3051689)   #60
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well that was a chaotic encounter...

Feel sorry for Newsham - that wasn't his fault at all imo.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 11:44 (Ref:3051695)   #61
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaw Daggerslash View Post
Well that was a chaotic encounter...

Feel sorry for Newsham - that wasn't his fault at all imo.
Typical Jason (I love myself) Plato rock-ape driving.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 11:45 (Ref:3051697)   #62
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
Well. I had a bad feeling when I heard that several teams were short on spares. I guess we'll lose a few cars for race two, then.

Very impressed with Plato's performance in the largely untested MG - up until he got a little greedy and punted Newsham. I usually have no problem with him, and if the car has as many issues still to resolve as he says. then I still think he did a pretty solid job - but I think he could have just followed through to second in that situation rather than lunging for a space that was always going to disappear.
Really disappointing for Dave Newsham.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 11:50 (Ref:3051699)   #63
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And as for those fools trying to pull the Redstone car out forwards at Druids and pulling the front of the car off...way to go to make it a bigger repair bill...
Old 1 Apr 2012, 12:00 (Ref:3051704)   #64
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Same old same....Gow must be proud
Old 1 Apr 2012, 12:26 (Ref:3051710)   #65
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkG View Post
Typical Jason (I love myself) Plato rock-ape driving.
I think the move was a bit over optimistic by Plato. And as for your nickname for him, he really gave that impression in the pre-race build up. He is so far up his own backside!

That was a pretty crazy race though, really hope it calms down for the rest of the day or a few teams won't be making past this round.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 12:47 (Ref:3051716)   #66
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubble View Post
And as for those fools trying to pull the Redstone car out forwards at Druids and pulling the front of the car off...way to go to make it a bigger repair bill...
Out of interest, is any damage sustained in that way covered by insurance, or paid for by the track folks, or would it just be counted as part of the accident damage?

Just trying to take advantage of the collected wisdom that seems to be present here
Old 1 Apr 2012, 13:14 (Ref:3051722)   #67
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ten-Tenths Chatroom

10-Tenths Chatroom
Online right now .

(The link is in the red text and here: http://tiny.cc/tenthschat)
Old 1 Apr 2012, 13:20 (Ref:3051724)   #68
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Race 2 about to start...
Old 1 Apr 2012, 13:54 (Ref:3051736)   #69
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
A much more civilised race, all in all - but what on earth happened to Nick Foster? Upside-down, and in such a peculiar place.

An excellent few laps of Plato vs. Neal in there as well. The MG seemed to drop off a little towards the end, but nice to see Mr Jordan take advantage.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 13:59 (Ref:3051737)   #70
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Plato really needs to wind his neck in and watch a replay before moaning about Newsham. He had no-where to move when the MG came up the inside. Jason should have thought more with his head than let excitement get the better of him.

Owy did the grid draw and its such a shame that he's not a part of proceedings. He's a proper class act and a fan favourite. Basically a sponsor's dream.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 14:11 (Ref:3051740)   #71
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Ollie Jackson on pole in the Golf, with Jeff Smith alongside for the final race. Collard and Austin on row two.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 14:14 (Ref:3051742)   #72
Urgentemente
Racer

United Kingdom
Liverpool,UK
Urgentemente should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Owy did the grid draw and its such a shame that he's not a part of proceedings. He's a proper class act and a fan favourite. Basically a sponsor's dream.

Yeh, was great to see Owy, hopefully someone somewhere watching will realise what a good advertising opportunity he'd be, especially if , as he said, the cars are basically sitting there ready to run.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 14:21 (Ref:3051744)   #73
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Plato really needs to wind his neck in and watch a replay before moaning about Newsham. He had no-where to move when the MG came up the inside. Jason should have thought more with his head than let excitement get the better of him.

Was Plato moaning about the race 1 "incident"? (by incident, I mean assault). How the hell can he blame Newsham when Plato had his whole car in the pitlane entrance and most of it on the grass?

I'd take one Owy over a dozen Platos.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 14:30 (Ref:3051750)   #74
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubble View Post
You're welcome to give up 18 hours of you day, and about 30 weekends of your year to volenteering at your own expense to give us all a hand if you like!

But I agree not the smartest bit of marshalling I've seen, I did cringe quite a bit!
Old 1 Apr 2012, 14:46 (Ref:3051757)   #75
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Looking at the race results on TSL the only 2 races, so far, with no exceeding track limit penalies are the 2 BTCC ones.