Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 10 Oct 2004, 20:12 (Ref:1120532)   #1
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
BRDA Rallycross at Mondello

Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who came to Mondello to take part in the BRDA this weekend - both from the UK and Ireland.

We had an absolutely brilliant two days with some very exciting racing.

The BRDA rallyX is an eagerly awaited event for a lot of the Mondello marshals because of the excellent racing, good atmosphere and general fun of the weekend and this year was a perfect example of that.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank all the drivers who bought tickets to the Irish Marshal dinner dance (even though they coudn't attend) to help us with our fund raising for next year. Your continued support is greatly appreciated.

For our Irish boys, look forward to seeing you out again in 2 weeks. For our English, Welsh, Northern Irish and Scottish friends (hope I didn't leave any nation unaccounted for there!), see you again next year!
Old 10 Oct 2004, 20:23 (Ref:1120551)   #2
chauffeur
Rookie

chauffeur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to hear you had a good weekend. Did Queen behave herself?.I beleive Dermots held on to GB1 a job well done.Have fun, hope to travel over with the daughters and she who has to be obeyed next year.
Old 10 Oct 2004, 20:59 (Ref:1120580)   #3
Pug620
Racer

United Kingdom
UK
Pug620 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any one got any of the other results??
Old 11 Oct 2004, 09:35 (Ref:1120912)   #4
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
fair play to dermot on a 6th title :P

130 megs being uploaded full of pictures and videos will post links when they are up.

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 11 Oct 2004, 14:40 (Ref:1121108)   #5
golfvanman
Racer

golfvanman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
rxie still not finished that corsa ? thought you were coming to show us how to do it ? to much time spent on your computer and to little time spent in the garage you missed a brilliant weekends racing.

A big thanks to all the marshall's and organisers for a good weekend, just wish it was a little closer to home didnt get home till 6 this morning and just got out of bed at 2.30 today just need to empty truck ,clean car you know all the good bits about racing !

p.s. well done jamie lea in a proper stock hatch car
Old 11 Oct 2004, 15:28 (Ref:1121138)   #6
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by hawkesfire
Any one got any of the other results??
The results and reports are up on rallycrossuk now....
Old 11 Oct 2004, 16:10 (Ref:1121175)   #7
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
rxie still not finished that corsa ? thought you were coming to show us how to do it ? to much time spent on your computer and to little time spent in the garage you missed a brilliant weekends racing.
LOL, i cant do anything if big end bolts dont arrive now can i ?

currently uploading pictures
http://www.rallycrossireland.com/en/modules/gallery2/

Videos to follow

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 11 Oct 2004, 16:21 (Ref:1121191)   #8
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by rxie
currently uploading pictures
http://www.rallycrossireland.com/en/modules/gallery2/
Bah... no pics of me! ;(
Old 11 Oct 2004, 17:10 (Ref:1121245)   #9
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Roundy Mooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As you say golfvanman a brilliant weekend of racing. The Finals on Sunday had everything.

Congrates to Dermot on the Title it was great to see the Focus back out with the Bad Boy engine back in it for the weekend.

Supermodified was excellent the Sunday final had to be one the best I've seen in a while Dressers lotus is some bus out of the gates.

The high point and low point of the weekend happened in stock hatch. Jamie Lea drove a great race on Saturday and really deserved the win after some great driving in the heats. Eoin Murrays over taking maneuver on horsely on sunday is possibly one of the best I've ever seen to see his car at least four and a half feet in the air on a circuit is something you would have to see to be believed.

Horsely's move on Murray on the other hand was one off the nastiest pieces of driving I’ve seen. How he didn’t get disqualified is beyond me? He did get points on his license so why not get dsq ? His not turning up at the prize giving said more than anything that even he new he was out of order.
Old 11 Oct 2004, 18:22 (Ref:1121304)   #10
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
No pics of me either! rxie, were you one of the people they kept telling to get off the pit wall???

Roundy, Con Connolly actually has a pic of Murray's car in the air that is well worth a look!
Old 11 Oct 2004, 19:23 (Ref:1121358)   #11
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Quote:
No pics of me either! rxie, were you one of the people they kept telling to get off the pit wall???
hehehe good mates with dave and tom anyway (the people who were reafing you boys off the wall) but i was normaly perked at the dunlop end of the pit wall.

There is a pic of a Stockhatch in round 1 in the air in the gallery.

We have all hit that hump, its quiet an expirence going full tilt and forgetting about it :P

Old 11 Oct 2004, 19:27 (Ref:1121369)   #12
RoyG
Racer

RoyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Roundy Mooney
Horsely's move on Murray on the other hand was one off the nastiest pieces of driving I’ve seen. How he didn’t get disqualified is beyond me? He did get points on his license so why not get dsq ?
When will the organisers have the balls to apply a proper penalty for dangerous driving? I didn't see this particular incident, but it sounds as though once again appalling driving standards only attracted a gentle slap on the wrist.
Old 11 Oct 2004, 19:32 (Ref:1121376)   #13
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
hehehe good mates with dave and tom anyway (the people who were reafing you boys off the wall) but i was normaly perked at the dunlop end of the pit wall.

Not me dear - I was dealing with rolling cars at RallyX 2!
Old 11 Oct 2004, 21:13 (Ref:1121532)   #14
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Quote:
When will the organisers have the balls to apply a proper penalty for dangerous driving? I didn't see this particular incident, but it sounds as though once again appalling driving standards only attracted a gentle slap on the wrist.
Put it this way, eoin murray wouldnt of gotten where he was in motorsport if he didnt drive properly, i had my camera off gaurd and i was saving the little space i had left for superfinal.

But It was Murray and then Horsely into dunlop from rallycross 3, horsely tryed to go down the inside but tapped eoin which unsettled eoins car, on exiting dunlop eoin was on the racing line for the streight, adrian was up close tight to him it looked like from my view from the pit wall that he nudged him it was a fairly big nudge that sent eoin into the wall.

Eoin wasnt best pleased so he cruised down the streight and into the padock, i saw Julian Godfrey talking with Declan Grogan (must of been assistant c.o.c or M.I officer for the day) eoin being the plesant chap he is just got changed and helped pack the cars up.

@EP

Damm i could of been one of those rolling cars :P

will you be marshaling the next irish round?

Old 11 Oct 2004, 21:28 (Ref:1121557)   #15
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
yep probably - time permitting. If you're planning to roll, can we have some advance notice please. Race, time etc. - means I won't have to spill my tea.....!
Old 12 Oct 2004, 05:54 (Ref:1121779)   #16
golfvanman
Racer

was watching stock hatch final from pit wall and saw the horsley incident out of the corner cannot comment on what happened coming into the corner but on exiting the corner murray went wide and horsley had a good drive up the inside at which point murray turned across the front of his car so it was eion murray at fault adrian drove in a straight line. As to why no prive giving apperance he was apparently up in front of the cleark of the course. Keep up the good work adrian i would have drove that corner exactly the same as you !!!
Old 12 Oct 2004, 07:33 (Ref:1121828)   #17
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Roundy Mooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So diving in a straight line into someone is OK but not at an angle? The reason Murray had run wide in the first place was that Horsley had hit him on the way into the corner (Why he run wide). Then hit him again as he tried to staighten the car out. I would think that your in the minority if that the way you seen it. It was record and played back in the control tower and looked just as bad the second time round.
Old 12 Oct 2004, 08:32 (Ref:1121853)   #18
Matti Alamaki
Racer

Matti Alamaki should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by golfvanman
Keep up the good work adrian i would have drove that corner exactly the same as you !!!
I seen the incident also and I'm with RM and so was everybody else I spoke to in the paddock.

PS: If you keep up that kind of work you will be receiveing 3 points on your licence and a £100 fine everyday you race. Plus you'll be talking to yourself in the paddock as nobody else will. So the best of luck with that racing strategy, I would of expected better from you as a racer.
Old 12 Oct 2004, 13:49 (Ref:1122178)   #19
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Quote:
was watching stock hatch final from pit wall and saw the horsley incident out of the corner cannot comment on what happened coming into the corner but on exiting the corner murray went wide and horsley had a good drive up the inside at which point murray turned across the front of his car so it was eion murray at fault adrian drove in a straight line. As to why no prive giving apperance he was apparently up in front of the cleark of the course. Keep up the good work adrian i would have drove that corner exactly the same as you !!!
Ive seen a video and eoin follows the racing line for the exit (which isnt streight for those who havnt driven the corner) horseley CLEARLY drives streight into eoin.

Old 12 Oct 2004, 13:50 (Ref:1122181)   #20
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Ive seen a video and eoin follows the racing line for the exit (which isnt streight for those who havnt driven the corner) horseley CLEARLY drives streight into eoin.
I think I'll have to go and play with the Mondello cameras and have a look at this one. From where I was standing it looked just like a typical rallycross racing incident.
Old 12 Oct 2004, 15:31 (Ref:1122291)   #21
golfvanman
Racer

murray had plenty of room to drive out of the corner but it looked as though he tried to defend his line and move across in front of adrian and got tagged racing incident between 2 hard drivers. Hands up who else saw it first hand from the pit wall ? All i gave is my oppinion as to what i saw, coming out of the corner

p.s. to matti alamaki this is my 5th season as a driver and have never recieved points or a fine for my driving !!!

as you say if in doubt keep the shoe in !!
Old 12 Oct 2004, 15:34 (Ref:1122297)   #22
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally posted by golfvanman
Hands up who else saw it first hand from the pit wall ?
Base of the control tower for me... lol
Old 12 Oct 2004, 15:43 (Ref:1122301)   #23
Queen
Veteran

England
North Lincolnshire
Queen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridQueen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well you know where I was and I didn't see it. Rxie I didn't see you and you don't have a photo of me up either. I thought you might have come and introduced yourself.
Old 12 Oct 2004, 17:24 (Ref:1122402)   #24
Widget
Rookie

Widget should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was standing on the pit wall level with the start line. I watched horsley turn into murry!! And keep pushing. It was murry's line. Horsley should of lifted. Like a real racing driver would have!! Dermot could have moved over on Pat in the superfinal but didnt!! Because he is a real racing driver!
Old 12 Oct 2004, 18:09 (Ref:1122451)   #25
golfvanman
Racer

i must of been watching a different racing incident !