Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Mar 2018, 07:00 (Ref:3808468)   #1
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
4k streaming is exceptionally unlikely to happen.

Streaming though would be good but I would expect like F1, that Foxtel would outbid/veto it.
No idea and don't care what happens with Supercars but Foxtel won't be stopping F1 streaming when the next rights deal comes up.In every country where new F1 tv deals have come up for renewal this year-and there were over 40 of them with nearly all of them involving pay tv-a streaming option has been introduced.Although Liberty get a smaller amount when rights are not tv exclusive they are betting they can more than make this up from streaming subscriptions.An example of what will happen in Australia is Moto GP where Foxtel shows what is broadcast on the MotoGP.com site from meetings.
We will not be getting 4K streaming.Australia is condemned to a third world standard internet due to the political buffoons being in charge.Nothing can be done to fix that.We are stuffed in perpetuity.
Old 18 Mar 2018, 02:40 (Ref:3808761)   #2
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
No idea and don't care what happens with Supercars but Foxtel won't be stopping F1 streaming when the next rights deal comes up.
Hate to tell you this mate but Supercars aint F1.

Foxtel says here's 200 million bucks, geoblock your streaming, that's what happens.
Old 18 Mar 2018, 02:51 (Ref:3808767)   #3
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Foxtel says here's 200 million bucks, geoblock your streaming, that's what happens.
Read my post.I said at the start I couldn't care less about Supercars.I was just correcting your statement re F1.Wouldnt worry me if there was no coverage of any sort for Supercars.
Old 18 Mar 2018, 02:55 (Ref:3808769)   #4
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Liberty Media (and other sports promoters) will eventually cut out the middle men.

Foxtel is only a delivery mechanism. When Liberty (and Supercars) can deliver the content themselves why involve Foxtel at all?

Direct subscription is the way forward. Perhaps not in time for the next rights but certainly the one after.
Old 18 Mar 2018, 03:49 (Ref:3808780)   #5
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Liberty Media (and other sports promoters) will eventually cut out the middle men.

Foxtel is only a delivery mechanism. When Liberty (and Supercars) can deliver the content themselves why involve Foxtel at all?

Direct subscription is the way forward. Perhaps not in time for the next rights but certainly the one after.
Foxtel themselves recognise this and have recently started to position themselves as an aggregated delivery mechanism.They are close to concluding an agreement to put Netflix in their content.I think for a long time to come there will be a place for them as a delivery mechanism.This is particularly so in Australia with our retarded third world Internet.News Limited did all they could to help successfully bring down the Labor government to protect their own commercial interests in this regard.
Old 18 Mar 2018, 04:12 (Ref:3808782)   #6
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
outside the square

By 2021 will the 4 horsemen be players?
.. some observers use the Four Horsemen to refer to Apple, Amazon, Facebook and Google, the online streamers causing devastation to traditional media and retail shopping

See the cricket rights with submissions due by Easter:
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket...04-h0d9e5.html
Old 18 Mar 2018, 07:01 (Ref:3808798)   #7
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
By 2021 will the 4 horsemen be players?
.. some observers use the Four Horsemen to refer to Apple, Amazon, Facebook and Google, the online streamers causing devastation to traditional media and retail shopping

See the cricket rights with submissions due by Easter:
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket...04-h0d9e5.html
The issue in Australia is the technical inadequacy of the NBN.
Old 18 Mar 2018, 07:36 (Ref:3808803)   #8
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
why would anyone want to be on NBN or its tieing you to a wall equivalent in 2021

I want my streaming live where ever i am, I dont want to be handcuffed to a location
Old 19 Mar 2018, 14:20 (Ref:3809105)   #9
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I want my streaming live where ever i am, I dont want to be handcuffed to a location
That's nice, but mobile towers become congested more easily compared to a dedicated fixed line. Mobile data might seem good in principle, it's a real problem when lots of users are concentrated in one area.

<off topic> The CVC congestion created by the NBN's pricing structure is, on the other hand, artificial and could easily be eliminated by changing NBN's wholesale pricing structure.</off topic>
Old 18 Mar 2018, 21:15 (Ref:3808964)   #10
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Facing the reality of connecting ... not happy Jan.
Old 19 Mar 2018, 05:04 (Ref:3809031)   #11
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
Facing the reality of connecting ... not happy Jan.
You have 18 months from NBN becoming available until your old connections are deactivated.Use all of it.If problems occur you are now allowed to revert to old network if you already tied yourself to the turkey.