Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 22 Jan 2002, 04:37 (Ref:202558)   #1
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SCGT most outrageous screengrab

Having just discovered the ability to save screen shots by using the F-12 key, I have captured some pretty impressinve shots. Check out this mighty wreck. Does anyone else have a good one? We can have catagories for best wreck, highest altitude, or artiest shot. Come on, give us your best shot!
Attached Thumbnails
big wreck 088.jpg  
Old 22 Jan 2002, 04:43 (Ref:202560)   #2
Dr. Austin
Veteran

While this one I just like because we never got to see the 917 longtails run at Daytona, and they might have looked something like this......
Attached Thumbnails
catham 009.jpg  
Old 22 Jan 2002, 06:40 (Ref:202571)   #3
clk-lm
Rookie

clk-lm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is scgt anything like the demo or the playstation game. my initial impression was that it wasnt that great. am i wrong, give me the low down.
Old 22 Jan 2002, 06:54 (Ref:202578)   #4
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Oh, no. this is the most hacked game in the history of PC, This game is absolutely fabulous, especially if you have a fast processor and a hot video card. The cars drive fantastic and the tracks are beautiful. You can get the game in a 5-pack by EA sports called "racing mania" at circuit city or Comp USA for just $20 US. This thing just rocks.

There are dozens and dozens of sites that have additional cars and tracks. these cars came from one of those sites. The guys in the armchair enthusiast are most helpful, and if you'll check some of the threads, good links have already been posted. I think most here will agree that this is the most monsterous pc sportscar game of all time, bar none.

Last edited by Dr. Austin; 22 Jan 2002 at 06:56.
Old 23 Jan 2002, 00:35 (Ref:202988)   #5
Matt Lucas
Racer

Matt Lucas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forced me to run some more laps at LM and grab this "arty" shot Guess I should have been running a GrpC or LMP type car, but my PC doesn't handle them so well. Heading towards Tetre Rouge from the Esses.......

Matt
Attached Thumbnails
arty shot.jpg  
Old 23 Jan 2002, 13:29 (Ref:203176)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Matt, when the track becomes available, I suspect you will have quite a number of friends for life (including me), but at the moment...

YOU'RE REALLY ANNOYING ME!!!!

AND IT'S NOT FAIR!!!

Old 23 Jan 2002, 13:54 (Ref:203195)   #7
Dr. Austin
Veteran

This picture was too dark, so i put it in my olympus camera "camedia" program and used the instant fix. This is the unexpected result.
Attached Thumbnails
psychedelic, dude!.jpg  
Old 26 Jan 2002, 00:16 (Ref:204517)   #8
jaypea
Rookie

jaypea should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When I saw the subject line I specifically registered to post this shot. Went into turn 1 at Sebring, got tapped from behind and ran full-throttle into the tirewall, got airborne, and helicoptored around long enough for me to think my game was broken. That's me in the air in the background.
Attached Thumbnails
crash-upload.jpg  
Old 26 Jan 2002, 02:46 (Ref:204552)   #9
FastJoel31
Veteran

United States
Near Watkins Glen
FastJoel31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey jaypea welcome to the forum!

Big accident trick: At Road Atlanta, go down through the esses until the big left hander before the short straight to the "hairpin." At the left-hander, instead of turning, go straight and there is a "jump" in the gravel trap off to the right. Try to get your car sideways for a better effect. Sometimes you roll into the infield and get reset, though.

Sideswipe a car at Chatham on the banking.

At Road Atlanta, right at the start/finish line, hit the pit wall at about a 45 degree angle and a glitch in the game should happen.
Old 26 Jan 2002, 02:56 (Ref:204555)   #10
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Here is the Road atlanta glitch. I have pictures of cars higher in the air, but they are just tiny little dots! This looks like it is turning in on final approach for a landing! You can also hit the wall at North Point at the S/F line, and the car will shoot up and go into a flat inverted spin, just like an aerobatic airplane!

And, yes, Jaypea, welcome to our friendly sportscar forum. Please check out some of my modelling threads and post some more great screen grabs. You had some serious altitude there!
Old 26 Jan 2002, 02:58 (Ref:204557)   #11
Dr. Austin
Veteran

NO! HERE is the Road Atlanta glitch. I would have been better if I had included the picture. Doh!
Attached Thumbnails
big wreck.jpg  
Old 26 Jan 2002, 05:27 (Ref:204587)   #12
Dr. Austin
Veteran

OK, just one more. I found the trick works best right at the end of the race as you take the flag. This is sort of like doing a donut for the crowd!
Attached Thumbnails
big wreck 038.jpg  
Old 26 Jan 2002, 11:13 (Ref:204643)   #13
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its looks a good game. I think I might have to get it.
Old 26 Jan 2002, 14:34 (Ref:204725)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by hakkiman
Its looks a good game. I think I might have to get it.
You must Hakkiman. At £6.99 in the UK, it's an absolute steal. And keep watching out for the Le Mans track download. I understand from Matt that he hopes to have it available for us to get our sweaty steering wheels on by Monday!!

Yippee!!!
Old 26 Jan 2002, 15:54 (Ref:204768)   #15
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whats the full title?
Old 26 Jan 2002, 16:13 (Ref:204778)   #16
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Sports Car GT. In the US it is available in a pack of five games. The set is called "racing mania" by EA sports and it is available for $20 US at Circuit City and best buys. I've also seen it at Comp USA. The other games in the set don't interest me, but at $20, it is worth it for the GT game alone.

This is after the giant hump at Sardian Park. I went over it so hard that i passed the car in front by flying over top of hi. This is his in-car camera shot of it, moments before I drove into the wall.
Attached Thumbnails
sardian @ night 032.jpg  

Last edited by Dr. Austin; 26 Jan 2002 at 16:13.
Old 26 Jan 2002, 17:41 (Ref:204809)   #17
Blue2
Rookie

Blue2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm jealous. I'd buy the game today if I had a ing job. Doubtless you'll see a pic of my lovely M3 doing a works R8 into Arnage here when I eventually do!
Old 26 Jan 2002, 23:26 (Ref:204979)   #18
jaypea
Rookie

Thank you for the kind welcomes, I'm very glad to be here. Now that my cable company finally gets Speedvision, I might finally be able to follow sports car racing more closely and know what's being talked about here!

I would be remiss if I didn't enter another crash in to fit the topic. This one's in two parts- Road Atlanta, coming down the final bend into the front stretch, and the Cor Euser wipes oput right in front of me. First I hit it...
Attached Thumbnails
atlcrash.jpg  
Old 26 Jan 2002, 23:27 (Ref:204980)   #19
jaypea
Rookie

...and here's where I ended up. Race over.
Attached Thumbnails
atlcrash2.jpg  
Old 26 Jan 2002, 23:57 (Ref:204988)   #20
Dr. Austin
Veteran

He trapped you good! Try crashing into the outside wayy right at the S/F line and have a nice flight! Also do the same at Desert Speedway and be thankful the stands are empty. I got a really good one at North point, but I lost the replay and can't seem to duplicate it. Anymore, I always view the replay and grab a few shots. If you go into the swingman view and push the rearview, you will get some interesting shots.
Attached Thumbnails
sebring night 04.jpg  
Old 27 Jan 2002, 06:13 (Ref:205068)   #21
choked_wasp
Racer

choked_wasp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you can also move the camera with insert, delete, home, end, p. up, and p. down when you are in swingman
Old 2 Feb 2002, 12:10 (Ref:208817)   #22
Blue2
Rookie

Blue2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunate Incident

This one was unfortunate.

1. Braking too late, I manage to crash and spin in front of the other cars.
2. Fortunately, they just miss me, so I avaoid damage.
3. Spinning back the right way to get after them.
4. The backmarker drives straight into me at speed...
5. ...climbing all over me...
6. ...so that my car will no longer drive in a straight line. Pit in.

I want the full version of this game so I can download new circuits etc, but I can't find it in the shops. Where is it?
Attached Thumbnails
incident.jpg  
Old 3 Feb 2002, 16:37 (Ref:209677)   #23
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just downloaded Matt Lucas' LeMans track and had to post this shot. I was running a great lap until the next chicane when i got on the throttle too soon and promptly spun.
Attached Thumbnails
allroad.jpg  
Old 7 Feb 2002, 13:29 (Ref:211601)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
What's your best lap time in that 917, Mr. Ace?

Those Porboy (The Rock) 917's have got to be just about the best cars out there for SCGT. They look sensational, don't they?
Old 7 Feb 2002, 13:31 (Ref:211603)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by choked_wasp
you can also move the camera with insert, delete, home, end, p. up, and p. down when you are in swingman
D'ya know wasp, until I tried that last night, I had no idea how to adjust the camera angles - and I've only been playing the game for about 15 months!!

No good of course while you're driving (seriously), but great for screenshots......