Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 21 May 2018, 20:13 (Ref:3823831)   #101
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He looks more like a gentleman driver, no offence, but Neal is miles ahead of him. He’s not hot property anymore. I can see the retirement happening. Switching to FWD would make sod all difference IMHO
Old 21 May 2018, 21:28 (Ref:3823844)   #102
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Knockhill showed he can still do it: I was exasperated when his return this year at BMR was announced. There must be a reason he didn't roll up elsewhere... maybe his backers are now ex backers. Correct me if I'm wrong but I've not seen any Silverline or KX branding, just a Tesco Petrol logo on his shiny helmet: presumably that's not mega money?
Old 22 May 2018, 07:13 (Ref:3823898)   #103
MrAero
Rookie

MrAero should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's taken a while but it seems Matt Simpson is finally seems to be getting to grips with staying out of trouble. After scoring a solitary point in his first season then 30 last year, he's already up to that this year after the rounds.
Old 22 May 2018, 11:59 (Ref:3823937)   #104
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Matt Simpson is a very good driver, who can run at the front. It takes time to get to grips with tin tops, I think we'll continue seeing him up there
Old 22 May 2018, 13:15 (Ref:3823951)   #105
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Matt Simpson is a very good driver, who can run at the front. It takes time to get to grips with tin tops, I think we'll continue seeing him up there
Also Simpson didn't race on many of the circuits prior to joining the BTCC - he didn't race on the TOCA package and was racing in a BARC SE championship so spent most of his time on the Brands Indy circuit. He's got a bit more circuit knowledge under his belt now.
Old 22 May 2018, 16:12 (Ref:3823978)   #106
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyone know what's up with Jelley ? switching to RWD you expect he would do better but still 0 points

and James Nash another big disappointment so far, his team mate Chris Smiley put him to other shame....
Old 22 May 2018, 16:13 (Ref:3823979)   #107
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Simpson: definitely. The lad can drive consistently and fast: I think it was Rockingham last year he'd gone a lap down at the start but was then matching Flash for the entire rest of the race.

He's still coming off the worse in the argy bargy that goes on mid pack, once he's got the elbows out and asserted the "bash me and you're getting the same back with bells on" he'll do well I think. Certainly he has a good team around him with experience to draw on.

I'm thinking the same of Brett Smith too now: he looked out of his depth when subbing for Jeff last year but has definitely come on. He's quick, just needs to settle himself a little. That bad start in R1 put him on the back foot and mistakes followed as he tried a little too hard to get positions back.

Both are going to establish themselves as consistent point scorers as the season progresses.
Old 22 May 2018, 16:18 (Ref:3823982)   #108
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
anyone know what's up with Jelley ? switching to RWD you expect he would do better but still 0 points

and James Nash another big disappointment so far, his team mate Chris Smiley put him to other shame....
Jelley certainly was competitive last time in the BTCC in the 3 series. But time passes and Parker are not an established BTCC team in the way WSR are. Whether it's Jelley, the car or indeed both underperforming I don't know. Nice paint job mind 😁

Nash looks like a fish out of water at present. Give him time to adjust... personally I always thought he was too cocky by half so would take satisfaction from seeing Smiley kick his arse all year!
Old 22 May 2018, 17:55 (Ref:3824009)   #109
S griffin
Veteran

Jelley has always been a good driver. He should be higher though and Team Parker should too. I think they are just not having the luck atm
Old 23 May 2018, 08:57 (Ref:3824147)   #110
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

It's very simple. The BTCC is very competitive.
Old 23 May 2018, 08:58 (Ref:3824148)   #111
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I'm thinking the same of Brett Smith too now: he looked out of his depth when subbing for Jeff last year but has definitely come on. He's quick, just needs to settle himself a little. That bad start in R1 put him on the back foot and mistakes followed as he tried a little too hard to get positions back.
Brett Smith is a weird one. Clearly very quick, but he's also inherited his dad's inane ability to be completely random.
Old 23 May 2018, 09:17 (Ref:3824153)   #112
S griffin
Veteran

Brett Smith is not a top driver. He's certainly can run at the front, but is not on the level of the best drivers
Old 23 May 2018, 10:42 (Ref:3824172)   #113
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Didnt i read somewhere the Jelly car has a 2016 engine and suspension?
Old 23 May 2018, 11:04 (Ref:3824179)   #114
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
It's very simple. The BTCC is very competitive.
This.

When there are only 15 points scoring places but 25+ drivers with the cars and skills to fill them, some talent will always be "under performing" to some.
Old 23 May 2018, 11:50 (Ref:3824190)   #115
S griffin
Veteran

Yes I agree. It’s good we have so many points up for grabs and it’s a shame for some that they can only get indy points at best
Old 23 May 2018, 13:52 (Ref:3824208)   #116
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, but it's great that Top 15 score points, imagine what would be if there was FIA points system, i.e. 25-18-15 etc, so only for top 10.
But maybe it's an idea to implement points system in which everyone scores some points, as in Supercars or IndyCar for example.
Old 23 May 2018, 13:55 (Ref:3824210)   #117
S griffin
Veteran

I agree, it’s better to have the top 15 score. But the FIA way works for it’s own series. I think there’s no need to change it. Indycar and Supercars work their way too
Old 23 May 2018, 14:11 (Ref:3824216)   #118
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Yes, but it's great that Top 15 score points, imagine what would be if there was FIA points system, i.e. 25-18-15 etc, so only for top 10.
But maybe it's an idea to implement points system in which everyone scores some points, as in Supercars or IndyCar for example.
I would go up to 20th. 1 point really doesn't really make a lot of difference anyway...!
Old 23 May 2018, 16:51 (Ref:3824242)   #119
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting. Anyone got a spare fiver? https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09356881
Old 23 May 2018, 16:57 (Ref:3824244)   #120
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Interesting. Anyone got a spare fiver? https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09356881
so the lodgement of their accounts is overdue. not a big deal. plenty of companies (and individuals with their tax returns) are guilty of doing that from time to time.
Old 23 May 2018, 16:59 (Ref:3824245)   #121
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
888 were at this stage, i.e. strike off notice a while ago.

Mr Scott doesn't like doing his sums does he?

Wonder what assets BMR have? JPs wig? 😁
Old 23 May 2018, 17:00 (Ref:3824246)   #122
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a feeling the grid may look a little different after the summer break...
Old 23 May 2018, 17:27 (Ref:3824255)   #123
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Well I'm thinking the grid at Oulton might be down a car. There may or indeed may not be an estate car with a knackered engine that requires a considerable amount of time and money throwing at it.
Old 23 May 2018, 18:18 (Ref:3824267)   #124
S griffin
Veteran

I think we could be in for a newish grid at Oulton. I think BMR could run just 2, will have to check
Old 23 May 2018, 18:38 (Ref:3824274)   #125
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
However if Plato does decide to give up it will have an effect on the sponsorship of the team, so i hope he sees the season out