Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Jan 2008, 21:59 (Ref:2099527)   #1
Sweet Corn
Racer

Sweet Corn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
V8 Supercar administration are they competent??

Can you believe that the V8 Supercar official website is still showing last years calendar, one would have thought that they should have this years calendar readily available so that the paying public could find out when the Circus is coming to town .
I was trying to work out which races I could go to to see my hero Steve (The Meister Driver) Johnson in action ,so I googled V8 Supercars and the only calendar I coud see was last years.
They should get GTR Magic to manage their site he would at least be accurate.
Old 4 Jan 2008, 22:09 (Ref:2099535)   #2
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Matthew Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They have this link on their website which I am assuming is the 2008 calendar.

Its halfway down the main page on their site under the fan survey.

I recommend the round on Aug 1-3.

Last edited by Matthew Ronke; 4 Jan 2008 at 22:12.
Old 4 Jan 2008, 22:54 (Ref:2099571)   #3
Sweet Corn
Racer

Sweet Corn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Mathew I am a dummy I still think that they should have it easier to find after all 2007 is now history
I always try to get to Winton Steve Johnson loves the place and always does his best there .I think that is an under rated track .The campers add a lot of atmosphere .
Old 4 Jan 2008, 23:19 (Ref:2099592)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The whole subject of information management is an interesting one.

In some of the more interesting communication areas of a business, there is sometimes a plan for releasing new news, for talking about new products, highlight people and suppliers, and groups...

They sit down at the start of the year, with the communications bods, and examine everything that is scheduled to happen in the year. Map the holiday seasons, the new product releases, the timings of advertising and promotions.. all sorts of controllable/known factors.

And have an execution plan. To know that there is something happening... so you can so what they do on things like MySpace, and have calendars of tittilation.. "Coming Soon" is a powerful drawcard... but only if it comes.. and soon!

So in the V8Supercar world... there are several key things that are always asked about... practice/qualifying/race results, pics from the circuits, releases from the teams about progress, news about the series, news about the people in the series....

... so why not schedule them... to have a dedicated resource charged with improving casual traffic to the site, and increasing interest in the series, its cars, the people etc etc

And get rid of ten billion ads for stuff that doesnt relate to the sport..

The website is clunky, isnt user friendly, is actually quite slow unless on rocketship broadband (its almost useless using it on mobile/PDA's)...

There is an opportunity for significant improvement.... if the powers that be see it as being important.

If these guys were clever... you would imagine if the sport's website and the information and communication behind it were stronger... they could contract their services to operate some team sites as well...

This stuff doesnt seem too difficult... but the gulf between a good website and a bad one is an all too common problem!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 4 Jan 2008, 23:28 (Ref:2099599)   #5
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Oxymoron comes to mind.
Old 5 Jan 2008, 00:00 (Ref:2099613)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Take a squiz at the BigPond "Access All Areas" review of the V8Supercar headquarters... Mr Hitchcock reckons there are 41 full time staffers there...

That is a LOT of administration!!
Old 5 Jan 2008, 00:12 (Ref:2099614)   #7
888_Fan
Racer

888_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sorry, but the entry list to Fujitsu Rounds being posted only 2 days before the race meeting is not good enough, considering entries for the meetings close about 2-3 weeks prior.

Get your act together V8Supercars Australia.
Old 5 Jan 2008, 01:14 (Ref:2099646)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It would be brilliant to be able to see the development series races/race highlights/press conferences on the BigPond VOD as well....
Old 5 Jan 2008, 03:35 (Ref:2099701)   #9
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anybody else notice that instead of having Barbagallo/Wanneroo next to the WA section, Perth is now there instead?
Not up to date on what's going on there, is Barbagallo cleared for 2008 yet? or is TC holding out for a better offer?

R4z3rw33n.
Old 5 Jan 2008, 04:32 (Ref:2099717)   #10
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Matthew Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fujitsu race highlights at yahoo seven here
Old 5 Jan 2008, 09:22 (Ref:2099778)   #11
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a Bigpong website, what do you expect?
Old 11 Jan 2008, 13:19 (Ref:2104195)   #12
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I recently picked up a 286 PC. It worked wonders for entering the V8SUPERCARS site. I was able to have a coffee, keep the other half happy, play a game of backyard cricket with the boys, do two laps of the exercise circuit in the local park,( a block and half away), shower have dinner and then sit down to the see site finally load, and read about last year. Simply amazing.

Then I went back to the real world and caught up to date with other categories of motosport. sad to hear about Troy being injured in practice.

Oh well, I have to wait till the last week of Jan for any decent taxi news, if there is

P.S. One posibble cause, could be all the ****ty weather along the coast of Qld has interupted there external modem and the information couldn't get out.

P.S.S. Qld doesn't have daylite saving time
Old 16 Jul 2008, 07:23 (Ref:2251773)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Nice new shed

Old 16 Jul 2008, 07:53 (Ref:2251791)   #14
MPA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
MPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame really....Wizz Bang web site that only the latest and greatest computers can handle.

My old box cracks the poops when I try to go there.

I'm wondering if V8SC have thought this through? Sure, there's some Inermenent savvy fans out there.

Then we have those that still think cave paintings are the work of the Antichrist.
Old 16 Jul 2008, 20:10 (Ref:2252154)   #15
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Pauls old man (Terry Morris) is going to lease it to Cochrane et el, it must pay to be on the board, with all its perks that you can involve the family in - LOL
Old 16 Jul 2008, 21:24 (Ref:2252198)   #16
Waimate1
Rookie

Australia
North of the Black Stump
Waimate1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey there Trev I heard on the grapevine you had moved to sunnier Iles north of the big smoke, caught up with Chukka at Darwin. where are you hiding??????
Old 16 Jul 2008, 22:23 (Ref:2252228)   #17
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Sheep Stations should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Trev
So Pauls old man (Terry Morris) is going to lease it to Cochrane et el, it must pay to be on the board, with all its perks that you can involve the family in - LOL
Word around the paddock is that being on the board enables some to think they are entitled to special treatment on and off track.
Allegedly one driver didn't like his attitude and driving standards being questioned recently (about the thousandth time) so sooked to the Black Wiggle and others.

One forthright DSO was asked to tone it down for risk of upsetting the apple cart. To his credit, he stood his ground...
Old 16 Jul 2008, 22:40 (Ref:2252237)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Trev
It would bea commercial deal, with the board voting on the new location, and presumably Mr Morris abstaining from the decisionmaking as his proximity to the deal is too close.

Surely it is better to keep the money "in-house" than give it to one of those fabulously performing listed property groups

There is hardly a lot of margin in a property like this, sitting at the reported $6m for the buy, which @ 6% return, is likely a $360,000 or so rental proposition...

The benefit is in the future capital gain, which is the true reward for the risk taken in placing the cash on the line in the first place.
Old 17 Jul 2008, 00:26 (Ref:2252295)   #19
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Holy Crap!

I'm agreeing with GTR on this one....

Good thing the time and date is recorded!

In all seriousness, the shed itself isn't an issue, rather the rubbish that emerges from inside.
Old 17 Jul 2008, 02:01 (Ref:2252333)   #20
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunction Junction
In all seriousness, the shed itself isn't an issue, rather the rubbish that emerges from inside.
Oh too true.
Old 17 Jul 2008, 03:00 (Ref:2252351)   #21
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I love it

Sometimes I wonder what people used to ***** and moan about in the days before the internet...

I can remember a time when you used to lob up at the front gate, and have to open the programme to see who was racing... it's just not fair I tells ya!

From all of the race meetings I have organised, the final entry list is seldom the entry list at the close of entries, as things always have a way of chopping and changing.

Was that a whinge? Sheesh...
Old 17 Jul 2008, 03:24 (Ref:2252359)   #22
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test
I love it

Sometimes I wonder what people used to ***** and moan about in the days before the internet...

I can remember a time when you used to lob up at the front gate, and have to open the programme to see who was racing... it's just not fair I tells ya!

From all of the race meetings I have organised, the final entry list is seldom the entry list at the close of entries, as things always have a way of chopping and changing.

Was that a whinge? Sheesh...
Your point being, and this has to do with the new building?
Old 17 Jul 2008, 03:44 (Ref:2252367)   #23
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry champ, just going back to the previous page. The new building looks quite sturdy in its construction, kudos to the builders!
Old 17 Jul 2008, 06:10 (Ref:2252414)   #24
dirtymacca
Racer

dirtymacca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The shed

Great lightning conducter!!!!

Might generate a bit of new energy from the conductors!
Old 30 Nov 2008, 10:01 (Ref:2344160)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Interesting to see the VESA mob tuned up the official website over the weekend... it seems you can now get to the Fujitsu series news without going into a repetitive loop...

... except there is still no entry list access from the front screen... and the Fujitsu bit hasnt been sexed up like the main game bit

A trifle late to fix this stuff with 7 days left in the season