Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Mar 2020, 11:01 (Ref:3967324)   #1
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Isolated Fun?

I know we have the Tea Break, but stuff there can get quite heavy, so I wondered if during this hiatus, perhaps a temporary thread that seeks to amuse and entertain?
I am sure there is sufficient wit and wisdom on this forum to keep us interested for some months to come.
have you a good joke to share? Any anecdotes to amuse? Puzzles, quizzes, conundrums, to help pass the time?

I will kick it off with a short F1 Quiz.

A) In what year did British drivers take all of the top places in the World Championship, and who was the intruder?

B) In what year did British drivers win every round of the World Championship?

Over to you if this is to take off.
Old 28 Mar 2020, 11:24 (Ref:3967329)   #2
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A 1965, 1,Clark, 2'Hill, 3'Stewart, 5, Surtees. 4th Gurney
B 1963 Hill, Clark & Surtees
Old 28 Mar 2020, 11:39 (Ref:3967330)   #3
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Great idea Bob, We just need to Ban RBS.
Old 28 Mar 2020, 11:41 (Ref:3967331)   #4
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well , I nearly had an embarrassing moment the other day , I needed to cough , but luckily I managed to produce a very loud f*rt to cover up the sound of the cough .
Old 28 Mar 2020, 11:48 (Ref:3967332)   #5
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Old 28 Mar 2020, 12:01 (Ref:3967334)   #6
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Great idea Bob, We just need to Ban RBS.
Thanks Iain.

What is the highest number of revs recorded on an engine during an F1 Grand Prix?
Old 28 Mar 2020, 12:17 (Ref:3967336)   #7
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Actually 1958;
Hawthorn, Moss, Brooks, Salvadori, Collins and American Harry Schell equal fifth.

Gotcha ya RB.
Old 28 Mar 2020, 12:27 (Ref:3967340)   #8
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
20 500 RPM? May be a Bimmer…
Old 28 Mar 2020, 12:30 (Ref:3967341)   #9
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
20 500 RPM? May be a Bimmer…
No!!!!!!!
Old 28 Mar 2020, 12:32 (Ref:3967342)   #10
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Recorded by who?
Old 28 Mar 2020, 12:38 (Ref:3967344)   #11
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Thanks Iain.

What is the highest number of revs recorded on an engine during an F1 Grand Prix?
Williams Cosworth 2006?
Old 28 Mar 2020, 12:51 (Ref:3967346)   #12
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Williams Cosworth 2006?
No!!
Old 28 Mar 2020, 14:05 (Ref:3967357)   #13
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
No!!
Surely it must have been when someone over revved and blew up a Cosworth.
Old 28 Mar 2020, 14:11 (Ref:3967358)   #14
bauble
Veteran

England
My grandson runs a warehouse that is connected to the NHS supply chain, and he often complains of he standard of the people employed there, (he does not hire or fire). In the current climate all of he office staff are working from home, and he told me that some of the warehouse workers were asking why they could not work from home.
I understand his concerns about the quality of his staff.
Old 28 Mar 2020, 14:15 (Ref:3967362)   #15
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I remember seeing a video of the Cossie engine running at I think over 20,000rpm although in race trim I think it was near 20,000.
Renault and Honda were also up there in the 20,000 league.

....and then the FIA spoilt the party by putting a 19000rpm maximum in place for 2007.
Old 28 Mar 2020, 14:17 (Ref:3967363)   #16
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Surely it must have been when someone over revved and blew up a Cosworth.
No, it is more obvious than that.
Old 28 Mar 2020, 14:30 (Ref:3967365)   #17
bauble
Veteran

England
Who would have originally owned this car?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4990.JPG  
Old 28 Mar 2020, 14:46 (Ref:3967368)   #18
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
James Shunt?

Chris I think the answer to rbs' question might be something like: 125 laps, may be? While we are here!

Isolated fun, Bob? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrIPxlFzDi0
Old 28 Mar 2020, 14:50 (Ref:3967370)   #19
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Who would have originally owned this car?
I wont spoil it but was it seen on the front of a Cooper 500 before the T43.
Old 28 Mar 2020, 14:52 (Ref:3967371)   #20
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post

Chris I think the answer to rbs' question might be something like: 125 laps, may be? While we are here!
No, but this engine only run 3 times in GP's, each time with a different driver.
Old 28 Mar 2020, 15:23 (Ref:3967376)   #21
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_One_engines

I'm assuming we're looking at a trick question then? Unless- The 2006 season saw the highest rev limits in the history of Formula One; before a 19,000 rpm mandatory rev limiter was implemented for all competitors in 2007. Cosworth was able to achieve 20,000 rpm with their V8. Honda did the same; albeit only on the dyno. is wrong?

Or am I missing something in the question.
Old 28 Mar 2020, 15:29 (Ref:3967377)   #22
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_One_engines

I'm assuming we're looking at a trick question then? Unless- The 2006 season saw the highest rev limits in the history of Formula One; before a 19,000 rpm mandatory rev limiter was implemented for all competitors in 2007. Cosworth was able to achieve 20,000 rpm with their V8. Honda did the same; albeit only on the dyno. is wrong?

Or am I missing something in the question.
Not a trick question, it did run 3 times in GP's & 3 times in non championship races.
Old 28 Mar 2020, 15:36 (Ref:3967381)   #23
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Toyota ? Honda? got to be the JAps

If it was bikes I'd have said Honda . . . . closer to 30 000 for some of them, bonkers stuff
Old 28 Mar 2020, 15:41 (Ref:3967382)   #24
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Toyota ? Honda? got to be the JAps

If it was bikes I'd have said Honda . . . . closer to 30 000 for some of them, bonkers stuff
No, Both Honda & Toyota done more than 3 GP's
Old 28 Mar 2020, 15:53 (Ref:3967384)   #25
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mamma mia ma ché kouschionné! Va pas béné…Maaa... Ferrari? With spaghetti exhaust pipes!!! 14 500 RPM

Last edited by Gerard C; 28 Mar 2020 at 15:59.