Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Dec 2019, 17:06 (Ref:3949255)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
CTCRC CADWELL

With HSCC moving their visit to Sept, this is closest to a mid-summer meeting at the scenic circuit.....
Old 16 Jun 2020, 06:31 (Ref:3982271)   #2
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Is this happening? Are spectators allowed ?
Old 16 Jun 2020, 07:13 (Ref:3982273)   #3
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Is this happening? Are spectators allowed ?
As I understand it all plans are being made for the meeting to happen - but the 4th July is the earlier "green light" for it to happen by government so there is reliance on that. However assuming it does go, it will behind closed doors so no spectators.
Old 21 Jun 2020, 10:09 (Ref:3983030)   #4
Clearways
Rookie

United Kingdom
West London
Clearways should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asp View Post
As I understand it all plans are being made for the meeting to happen - but the 4th July is the earlier "green light" for it to happen by government so there is reliance on that. However assuming it does go, it will behind closed doors so no spectators.
What green light do we need? Many other sports have already resumed. Horse racing which requires must closer contact between participants and officals than motorsport has been running for 3 weeks now.
Old 23 Jun 2020, 06:14 (Ref:3983316)   #5
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Trouble is , there is a one size fits all policy . Sure, seating and feeding 100 ,000 people at the Grand Prix is impossible to do safely for now , but come on MUK , driving into Cadwell , with a pre bought ticket, and parking at the Mountain, or over near Coppice , is zero risk to anybody.

I can wander around Tesco, go to the newsagents , almost certainly visit a gallery next week - but standing in the fresh air at Cadwell is forbidden ? Absurd.
Old 23 Jun 2020, 09:57 (Ref:3983346)   #6
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we will see a positive announcement today in terms of spectator admission particularly to the smaller club meetings, here's hoping! If not we can look forward to getting legless at the boozer and falling into a cinema or museum to sleep it off!
Old 24 Jun 2020, 06:52 (Ref:3983491)   #7
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
I can see it that the first meetings will need to run without spectators regardless of yesterday's announcement - simply because it's one extra thing to worry about. There are going to be a lot of changes in terms of race management and the medical/safety provision so it's fair enough to make sure that works first.
However I completely agree with you coppice - the risk by parking up at Coppice is minimal and certainly less than other things that will be permissible by then. Maybe keep the Grandstands closed (where they exist) but I would hope spectator entries with a cap (which I doubt will be exceeded at a club meeting!) can follow once the new systems for running the meeting are in place.

Either way, the BARC calendar has now been issued so this meeting is definitely on!