Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Jan 2002, 14:35 (Ref:194336)   #1
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toyota GT-One

When I first saw pictures of the Toyota GT-One, I was convinced reverse-engineering of flying saucers was becoming a reality! God alone knows why this car is being discussed in the Worst Car thread! (I think I brought it up, actually).
Does anyone have good close-up pictures of these cars, with doors open or engine cover off? Even now they seem terribly hush-hush top-secret.
Old 5 Jan 2002, 15:49 (Ref:194362)   #2
GasMan
Racer

GasMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure I'd call it the worst car but it's certainly the victim of one of the worst liveries I've seen. Was it in the '99 LeMans when it looked like someone tripped and spilt a can of white paint over it?
Old 5 Jan 2002, 16:08 (Ref:194376)   #3
H16
Racer

H16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats because Marlboro sponsored them in one of their infamous "sublimnal message" programs. Too bad the French Gov. got ahold of that and put a stop to it, with the Deboara BMW that ran in 2000 only allowed red and white straight lines.
Old 5 Jan 2002, 16:25 (Ref:194381)   #4
Abs
Rookie

Abs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We've got 1 picture of the Toyota on our site, looking into the garage as you have said all is covered but the shot does still show what a superb car this was.

One of my favourites, lets get back to closed top!!
Old 5 Jan 2002, 18:29 (Ref:194437)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A gorgeous car as far as I'm concerned. Full stop.

And I liked the 99 livery as well!

I've got some pictures of the GT One (not close up engine bay shots), but they're not up on my site at the moment.

One day....
Old 5 Jan 2002, 19:06 (Ref:194460)   #6
clk-lm
Rookie

clk-lm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
A gorgeous car as far as I'm concerned.

im with you on that one.
the old tte site had some excellent pics, as well as some interior shots of the road version.
btw does anyone know what ZENT and D2 PRIVAT is.
Old 5 Jan 2002, 19:59 (Ref:194483)   #7
H16
Racer

H16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, they made a road version of that car? Where else can I find osme pics?
Old 5 Jan 2002, 20:45 (Ref:194507)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They certainly did, H! Just the one, I assume. I remember seeing a pic at the time, in Autosport probably. Sadly, I no longer have it.
Old 5 Jan 2002, 20:48 (Ref:194508)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
There's always this one, H - those who know me from another life may recognise it. It used to be the background to my site logo.
Attached Thumbnails
aysebanner1blank.jpg  
Old 5 Jan 2002, 20:54 (Ref:194516)   #10
GasMan
Racer

Now that is a race car.

Any of you guys know any good sportscar info sites? Would love to find out more about older sportscars but searching through the net gets a little tedious at times.

GasMan is a sportscar nooby.
Old 5 Jan 2002, 21:00 (Ref:194519)   #11
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I loved the Toyota GT-ONE. The 1999 livery was my favourite. I just wish they had won Le Mans, but it wasn't to be
Attached Thumbnails
toyota 001.jpg  
Old 5 Jan 2002, 21:09 (Ref:194523)   #12
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Any of you guys know any good sportscar info sites?
At the moment this site is about the best forum site, there are several others but either concentrate on the US sports cars or Le Mans. I hope you stay here and improve the small group we have gathered.

Other sites are www.le-mans.co.uk (Club Arnarge)
www.maisonblanche.co.uk (Maison Blanche)

Both Le Mans special sites, but do cover some sports cars

Try www.mulsannescorner.com for background info or perhaps the best "Aysedasi's" site. See Armchair bit for a link. All are info sites no forums except for Club Arnarge which takes of big time in May / June.

Simon
Old 5 Jan 2002, 21:10 (Ref:194524)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by hakkiman
I loved the Toyota GT-ONE. The 1999 livery was my favourite. I just wish they had won Le Mans, but it wasn't to be
I was sure that Boutsen/Kelleners/McNish were going to win in 1999. As I've said elsewhere, I was well off when Boutsen was taken off by the Estoril Porsche - handed the race on a plate to BMW.

By the way, welcome GasMan - good to meet you, Make sure you drop in here from time to time - there's a lot of nice people around and plenty of knowledge too!
Old 5 Jan 2002, 21:15 (Ref:194529)   #14
GasMan
Racer

Thanks guys, appreciate the welcome. Funny thing was I registered way back in 2000 and lurked for the better part of a year before drifting off. It wasn't until I was tidying up my favourites folder that I found the link again and I've been enjoying reading up on things for the last few weeks.

Thanks for those links SL, I'll have a browse at some point this evening.
Old 5 Jan 2002, 21:20 (Ref:194533)   #15
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GasMan,

Browse all you like, just ensure you return !!! If possible bring more with you.

Are you looking to attend Le Mans this year, if not perhaps you ought to think about it as it is the best place ever to see all types of sports cars. Hopefully see you there

Simon
Old 5 Jan 2002, 21:42 (Ref:194548)   #16
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
http://wspr-racing.com/results/results.html

Thats a great site.
Old 5 Jan 2002, 21:55 (Ref:194552)   #17
GasMan
Racer

Crikey, you're not wrong there hakkiman. Every result imaginable I'd guess. Stunning. Many thanks.

Rear of GT-One Roadcar

Profile shot (almost) of GT-One Roadcar

Those pictures are pretty big so you might need to wait a while to see them. Google produces the goods yet again.
Old 5 Jan 2002, 21:57 (Ref:194554)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by hakkiman
http://wspr-racing.com/results/results.html

Thats a great site.
That is good! Did it used to be in a different format - I'm sure the site name is familiar even if the homepage isn't?
Old 5 Jan 2002, 22:03 (Ref:194559)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Absobloodylutely gorgeous, Gasman. Nice one!

I was going to get one, of course, but it wouldn't fit in my garage and it hasn't got an ash-tray.
Old 5 Jan 2002, 22:10 (Ref:194563)   #20
GasMan
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by SL
Are you looking to attend Le Mans this year, if not perhaps you ought to think about it as it is the best place ever to see all types of sports cars. Hopefully see you there

Simon
To be honest I've not given it much thought. Last year a few of us were going to get together and make the trip over but unfortunately things fell in the way and as usual the plan got abandoned. I'd still like to do it at least once. Besides, I wouldn't know where to start in the planning.

Aysedasi - I had considered picking one up myself but the main problem I had with it was that I would never have got my big toe in it never mind anything else.
Old 6 Jan 2002, 23:26 (Ref:194707)   #21
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GasMan, you have come through with the goods!
Zent, by the way, make slot machines, for a game called pikachu or something I believe... talk about most underwhelming sponsor ever!
Old 6 Jan 2002, 23:49 (Ref:194714)   #22
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Osella
GasMan, you have come through with the goods!
Zent, by the way, make slot machines, for a game called pikachu or something I believe... talk about most underwhelming sponsor ever!
I think you are talking about Pachinko. This game is the most form of gambling in Japan, and they make some not at all underwhelming money from it.

I don't know what it is about that car that I don't like, but I don't find it all that goodlooking... sorry.
Old 7 Jan 2002, 19:12 (Ref:195047)   #23
clk-lm
Rookie

clk-lm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
here a link to some pics from the old tte site. very interesting pics from testing, especially with the car with no headlights.
enjoy.

http://www.tte.de/lemans/images/firstpage/
Old 7 Jan 2002, 19:26 (Ref:195058)   #24
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://gto-racing.nexen.net/ (mostly in French)
This is a site with LOADS of info on older sportscars (Gp.C/IMSA/WSC) and GTs.

D2 is a German mobile phone operator.
Old 7 Jan 2002, 20:12 (Ref:195088)   #25
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Another car that I miss is the Mercedes CLK-LM.