Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Nov 2020, 02:51 (Ref:4014183)   #251
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
You know, it could just be covered in a contract. With rewards and penalties.
Do what you're told or find a new seat next race. ??
Old 1 Nov 2020, 09:21 (Ref:4014212)   #252
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems like it will be Kvyat out and Tsunoda in at Alpha Tauri next season, based on comments made by Dr Marko at Imola earlier today.

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/71636...t-to-him-.html

Also heard this reported on the BBC podcast reviewing qualifying.
Old 1 Nov 2020, 11:08 (Ref:4014226)   #253
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think that pretty much confirms it too. So no more Kvyat and we will have a Japanese driver in F1. Best Tsunoba
Old 1 Nov 2020, 11:26 (Ref:4014227)   #254
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
That also means it's Red Bull or nothing for Albon
Old 1 Nov 2020, 17:55 (Ref:4014352)   #255
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes, Albon’s current position seems a bit precarious. And with so few options left, I’d hate to be in his shoes right now
Old 1 Nov 2020, 18:32 (Ref:4014366)   #256
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Pretty clearly should be either perez or hulkenberg in second red bull seat. I'd rather see hulkenberg. Unless perez money allows them to take on being engine manufacturer from honda, I guess. Albon can go buy a seat in some other series.
Old 1 Nov 2020, 23:59 (Ref:4014438)   #257
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Pretty clearly should be either perez or hulkenberg in second red bull seat. I'd rather see hulkenberg. Unless perez money allows them to take on being engine manufacturer from honda, I guess. Albon can go buy a seat in some other series.
Buy a seat?? What with?

Put Perez in the RB, RB couldhave signed Hulk last year but didn't.
Old 2 Nov 2020, 02:34 (Ref:4014451)   #258
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I personally think the only way we will see Hulkenberg in the RBR seat is if RBR can't reach an agreement with Perez. And with two drivers on the market, I expect RBR can play them against each other. RBR also has the upper hand as the number of open seats is dwindling quickly.

Haas is strongly rumored to be getting Schumacher and Mazepin at direction of (and maybe funded by) Ferrari and I also think Haas has stated their focus in 2021/2022 is the new car and not drivers. Hamilton is unsigned, but it is likely just him building a strong negotiating position. I believe both he and Mercedes expect him to be back at Mercedes next year. And the last seat at Alpha Tauri is likely Yuki Tsunoda. So frankly the only remaining seat for those two is at RBR.

Richard
Old 2 Nov 2020, 03:07 (Ref:4014457)   #259
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I personally think the only way we will see Hulkenberg in the RBR seat is if RBR can't reach an agreement with Perez. And with two drivers on the market, I expect RBR can play them against each other. RBR also has the upper hand as the number of open seats is dwindling quickly.

Haas is strongly rumored to be getting Schumacher and Mazepin at direction of (and maybe funded by) Ferrari and I also think Haas has stated their focus in 2021/2022 is the new car and not drivers. Hamilton is unsigned, but it is likely just him building a strong negotiating position. I believe both he and Mercedes expect him to be back at Mercedes next year. And the last seat at Alpha Tauri is likely Yuki Tsunoda. So frankly the only remaining seat for those two is at RBR.

Richard
Totally agree, Haas seems set, also AT with Tsunoda and Gasly.
Re Red Bull I think the thing favouring the Hulk is perhaps his better suitability to play the subservient role to Max better from strategies / pit stops and general issues than Perez might. But on the other hand Perez has a large bag of Pesos to act as a sweetener, bearing in mind RBR are losing any funding from Aston Martin. Subservience over $$$ is the RBR choice.

Last edited by E.B; 2 Nov 2020 at 03:20.
Old 2 Nov 2020, 08:48 (Ref:4014482)   #260
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Ocon confirmed at Renault/Alpine? If not that is another open seat, but again it's very much a fixed number 2, with Alonso likely to throw the toys out the pram if his teammate is even close to his pace.
Old 2 Nov 2020, 08:56 (Ref:4014484)   #261
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Hamilton is unsigned, but it is likely just him building a strong negotiating position.

Richard

Following his comments over the weekend I'm beginning to wonder if he might get to the end of the season,with the almost inevitable championship,and do a Rosberg.
Old 2 Nov 2020, 11:54 (Ref:4014523)   #262
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
Following his comments over the weekend I'm beginning to wonder if he might get to the end of the season,with the almost inevitable championship,and do a Rosberg.
I was talking about that to my son at the weekend. I think that:

Equal top for wins with Schumacher (well, passed that now)
Equal top for championships (presuming 2020 win)

...would be a dignified and honourable way to bow out.
Old 2 Nov 2020, 13:37 (Ref:4014543)   #263
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I was talking about that to my son at the weekend. I think that:

Equal top for wins with Schumacher (well, passed that now)
Equal top for championships (presuming 2020 win)

...would be a dignified and honourable way to bow out.
How about
* more wins than Schumacher (done, recently)
* more poles, front row starts, podiums, km led (done, some time ago)
* # of fastest laps: he can keep that
* more chanpionships than Schumacher (highly likely after 2021 with continuation of current cars and thus relative strengths against Bottas and Vestappen)

Seems like the end of 2021 would be an even better moment to bow out?
Old 2 Nov 2020, 13:48 (Ref:4014545)   #264
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post

Seems like the end of 2021 would be an even better moment to bow out?
Indeed.
What if the issue is just that?
Mercedes said recently that they don't just want to re-sign Hamilton on a one-year deal.
What if Hamilton, knowing he's got extremely good odds to beat Schumacher's WDC record in 2021, only wants a one-year to complete that and then retire?

Not sure how likely it is that this would be a real sticking point, but it's a possibility.
Old 3 Nov 2020, 03:25 (Ref:4014657)   #265
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Indeed.
What if the issue is just that?
Mercedes said recently that they don't just want to re-sign Hamilton on a one-year deal.
What if Hamilton, knowing he's got extremely good odds to beat Schumacher's WDC record in 2021, only wants a one-year to complete that and then retire?

Not sure how likely it is that this would be a real sticking point, but it's a possibility.
Sign for ten years if they want him to.
If he wants to retire after 1 they cant stop him.
Old 3 Nov 2020, 05:34 (Ref:4014662)   #266
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If it is 1 or 0 more years for Hamilton Mercedes would be crazy not to sign him for the 1.They would certainly have a much wider choice of replacements with a years notice.Now when can Max leave Red Bull?
Old 10 Nov 2020, 07:47 (Ref:4015785)   #267
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
Is Ocon confirmed at Renault/Alpine? If not that is another open seat, but again it's very much a fixed number 2, with Alonso likely to throw the toys out the pram if his teammate is even close to his pace.
Looking at how Ocon has gone against Danni Ricc, I think Fred has him covered.
Old 10 Nov 2020, 11:05 (Ref:4015813)   #268
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Looking at how Ocon has gone against Danni Ricc, I think Fred has him covered.
Alonso won't be too worried, no. I think he'd happily take anyone on at this stage of his career?
Old 14 Dec 2020, 15:00 (Ref:4022901)   #269
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I wanted to summarize what I "think" has been confirmed, plus current rumors and my personal speculation.
Alfa Romeo Racing
Kimi Räikkönen (rumored)
Antonio Giovinazzi (rumored)

AlphaTauri
Pierre Gasly (speculation)
Yuki Tsunoda (rumored)

Alpine
Esteban Ocon (confirmed?)
Fernando Alonso (confirmed)

Aston Martin
Sebastian Vettel (confirmed)
Lance Stroll (confirmed?)

Ferrari
Charles Leclerc (confirmed)
Carlos Sainz Jr. (confirmed)

Haas
Mick Schumacher (rumored)
Nikita Mazepin (rumored)

McLaren
Daniel Ricciardo (confirmed)
Lando Norris (confirmed)

Mercedes
Valtteri Bottas (confirmed)
Lewis Hamilton (expected)

Red Bull Racing
Max Verstappen (confirmed)
Sergio Pérez (speculation)

Williams
Nicholas Latifi (confirmed)
George Russell (has contract for 2021. confirmed?)
Who is left unconfirmed?

Lewis is yet to sign, but is expected to do so. Albon is still up in the air (please keep discussion nice so this thread can remain open). Kvyat seems to be twisting in the wind with continued speculation that it will be Yuki Tsunoda

https://www.planetf1.com/news/hondac...-tsunoda-2021/

Is second AT seat still left unfilled at this late date to hold a potential spot for Albon? Is part of struggle to determine second RBR seat a conflict between wanting to keep Albon and Gasly, but Honda pushing to fill the second seat with Tsunoda?

I hate to even talk about this given the trainwreck at the end on the Albon thread.

Richard
Old 14 Dec 2020, 16:07 (Ref:4022918)   #270
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Who is left unconfirmed?

Lewis is yet to sign, but is expected to do so. Albon is still up in the air (please keep discussion nice so this thread can remain open). Kvyat seems to be twisting in the wind with continued speculation that it will be Yuki Tsunoda

https://www.planetf1.com/news/hondac...-tsunoda-2021/

Is second AT seat still left unfilled at this late date to hold a potential spot for Albon? Is part of struggle to determine second RBR seat a conflict between wanting to keep Albon and Gasly, but Honda pushing to fill the second seat with Tsunoda?

I hate to even talk about this given the trainwreck at the end on the Albon thread.

Richard
The only entries shown as 'TBA' on the FIA 2021 entrylist are one at Red Bull and one at Alpha Tauri. Hamilton is listed as entered by Mercedes. The Channel 4 coverage this weekend suggested Perez in the Red Bull with Albon test/reserve driver. That would probably see Tsunoda in the Alpha Tauri and Kvyat out (again).
Old 14 Dec 2020, 16:26 (Ref:4022920)   #271
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Red Bull said previously that Albon would be in the main RBR car, or not . Putting him back in the AT was not an option. Of course, they might have changed their mind since then.

Honda withdrawing from F1 surely means that they have less of a say as to who gets one of the seats at AT.
Old 14 Dec 2020, 18:30 (Ref:4022941)   #272
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
I think it will probably be:
Mercedes - Hamilton, Bottas
Red Bull - Verstappen, Albon
McLaren - Ricciardo, Norris
Aston Martin - Vettel, Stroll
Renault - Alonso, Ocon
Ferrari - Leclerc, Sainz
Alpha Tauri - Gasly, Tsunoda
Alfa Romeo - Raikkonen, Giovinazzi
Haas - Schumacher, Mazepin
Williams - Russell, Latifi
Old 14 Dec 2020, 19:02 (Ref:4022951)   #273
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Honda withdrawing from F1 surely means that they have less of a say as to who gets one of the seats at AT.
Unless that is part of the equation of RB taking Honda IP forward post 2021.

Richard
Old 14 Dec 2020, 23:37 (Ref:4022993)   #274
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Unless that is part of the equation of RB taking Honda IP forward post 2021.

Richard
Yes I think so too.

The only reasons Tsunoda would get that drive must be either financially or technically motivated in terms of Honda.

Some rave about him but he is not F1 material yet on ability afaiac.
Old 15 Dec 2020, 11:15 (Ref:4023044)   #275
Theunser
Racer

Theunser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My personal opinion is that for Tsunoda and Mazepin (maybe even for Mick) it's too early to make their debuts.
Haas would have needed an experienced driver, because that car is just not okay, according to what Grosjean said, and two rookies will have no idea what to do with it.
While for Tsunoda, a bad season can ruin his F1 career. He is talented, but I doubt he is ready. Both Kvyat and Albon would be a better choice(of course Tsunoda isn't confirmed, but it's just a matter of time)