Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 20 Oct 2020, 09:44 (Ref:4011625)   #401
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Understood but frankly if we plug the dates into the calendar then revising them is easy. I'm not overly busy so happy to oblige. Ever the optimist of course.
Many thanks for taking this on Peter.I agree with JR and would always say to Mike we should wait until end of January before posting up the race dates. He never did listen. If you have the time at least we prepare-rs can have an idea what the year might have in stall.
Old 31 Oct 2020, 08:18 (Ref:4014005)   #402
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Les 2 Tours d'horloge, Paul Ricard 6/8 Nov

This morning VdV announce they are trying to find a solution together with HVM accordingly to the new gov restrictions. Only two GB teams on the entry list, Nick Sleep and Equipe Rosbif. Report or cancellation, more to come during this weekend.
Old 31 Oct 2020, 18:06 (Ref:4014104)   #403
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Officially postponed to next year, more or less same date. Didn't hear about refund tho…
Old 2 Nov 2020, 14:42 (Ref:4014555)   #404
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Motorsport UK announced today that all permits for non-elite events in England upto 2nd December have been withdrawn.......who knows if any more such events will run this year......
Old 2 Nov 2020, 19:43 (Ref:4014603)   #405
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
More or less same thing here. Fact is nobody knows what will happen, all depending on how many people are infected. Big mess.
Old 2 Nov 2020, 19:47 (Ref:4014604)   #406
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've seen a table of figures for the number of 'cases' per 100,000 & North Norfolk is much the best place with the lowest number, only 20-something. Maybe it is time to move back......
Old 2 Nov 2020, 19:57 (Ref:4014607)   #407
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Move back? Serious? How can you stop this thing? A sanitary border? We had the first lockdown when reaching circa 7 000 cases. The second lockdown is now, when we have c 50 000 cases! The main factor seems to be how the hospitals can treat people and how many places are available. Between the two lockdowns we're supposed to have learned many things… About what?
Old 2 Nov 2020, 20:51 (Ref:4014618)   #408
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Move back? Serious? How can you stop this thing? A sanitary border? We had the first lockdown when reaching circa 7 000 cases. The second lockdown is now, when we have c 50 000 cases! The main factor seems to be how the hospitals can treat people and how many places are available. Between the two lockdowns we're supposed to have learned many things… About what?
I think the main thing they learned was some creative counting...

I've only known one person who claims to have had it, & even he's not so sure.
Old 3 Nov 2020, 07:48 (Ref:4014672)   #409
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I think the main thing they learned was some creative counting...

I've only known one person who claims to have had it, & even he's not so sure.
I'm fed up with arguing this point. We have sadly lost many people who due to "underlying health issues" fell victim to this virus, but we haven't lost those who would usually die due to flu at this time, because they've already gone.

We do need to keep our distance but for goodness' sake, we shouldn't shut the world down on the back of spurious forecasts.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 10:12 (Ref:4037097)   #410
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've moved the 2021 race dates posts to the correct thread. This one is now locked. My apologies I posted in here instead of the correct thread.https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155354