Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 28 Nov 2019, 07:28 (Ref:3943323)   #1
LPP68
Rookie

LPP68 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula E Season 6 (2019-2020)

Like last year, I pretended that formula E does not go to tho oil drilling and journalist decapitating capital of the world, so my season starts in a month and a half. Can't wait!
On a website for totally different motorsports I read this: https://www.touringcartimes.com/2019...ectrification/

It mentions that customer motorsports will also be electrified. What could that mean? A VW -ID-cup in the pre-race buildup for a Formula E event? (TBH, they could start on the same grid as the I-paces.)
Old 28 Nov 2019, 14:52 (Ref:3943402)   #2
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Meanwhile, Santiago de Chile continues in chaos, but Formula E refuses to cancel the race.

https://e-racing365.com/formula-e/te...ntiago-update/
Old 28 Nov 2019, 22:19 (Ref:3943490)   #3
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Meanwhile, Santiago de Chile continues in chaos, but Formula E refuses to cancel the race.

Perhaps they'll wait until the week before like F1 in Bahrain a few years back.

I still don't know really what to think of this series. That last race was just chaos and didn't really show the series in a good light, but it was still kinda enjoyable to watch. Perhaps if they put a little more thought into the layout of the tracks?
Old 28 Nov 2019, 23:03 (Ref:3943506)   #4
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post

Perhaps Formula E will bring peace to the streets of Santiago.
Old 28 Nov 2019, 23:22 (Ref:3943512)   #5
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Some 'good' racing in the opening rounds I thought.

Buemi starting to get a bit desperate though! That dodgy rejoin was reminiscent of Vettel at Monza!
Old 1 Dec 2019, 21:49 (Ref:3944128)   #6
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Katz View Post
Perhaps they'll wait until the week before like F1 in Bahrain a few years back.

I still don't know really what to think of this series. That last race was just chaos and didn't really show the series in a good light, but it was still kinda enjoyable to watch. Perhaps if they put a little more thought into the layout of the tracks?
I was ok with it except for the SC mess. The rules regarding attack mode under SC are a disaster, and the restart with a crane on the track was absolutely unacceptable.

I like FE, but it still has issues that should have been sorted years ago. I'll be blunt - I don't think the race director is up to scratch and he should be replaced.
Old 4 Dec 2019, 15:41 (Ref:3944761)   #7
smithhehehaha
Racer

smithhehehaha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.fia.com/news/formula-e-t...p-season-seven

Formula E will become FIA's fifth and latest World Championship from next season (Year 2020/21)
Old 4 Dec 2019, 19:11 (Ref:3944828)   #8
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I was ok with it except for the SC mess. The rules regarding attack mode under SC are a disaster, and the restart with a crane on the track was absolutely unacceptable.

I like FE, but it still has issues that should have been sorted years ago. I'll be blunt - I don't think the race director is up to scratch and he should be replaced.
Most thankless job in the world. If he had waited until the crane was off the track and parked up people would have complained about the extra lap under the SC.

As it was they could see on the closed circuit cameras that the crane was reversing into the gap and the senior marshal on scene reported that it would be clear in time. What no-one spotted was a vehicle in the way that meant the crane couldn't complete it in one move as it should have been able to.
Old 8 Dec 2019, 16:52 (Ref:3945594)   #9
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
Most thankless job in the world. If he had waited until the crane was off the track and parked up people would have complained about the extra lap under the SC.

As it was they could see on the closed circuit cameras that the crane was reversing into the gap and the senior marshal on scene reported that it would be clear in time. What no-one spotted was a vehicle in the way that meant the crane couldn't complete it in one move as it should have been able to.
Not sure I agree with that. It certainly isn't a thankless job if done right (see WEC, ELMS and IMSA), but can be thankless when the series makes constant errors (see Blancpain and FE). I feel like FE is now mature enough that we should be having these sort of school boy errors. It isn't the first very poor that's been made.

I also question the CCTV and marshal report. It seems awfully coincidental that the race went back to green and then did a good few corners and only once the regular TV camera picked up the crane still on the circuit did they go back to yellow - and with some panic in the voice of the race director as well. He was clearly not aware of what state the circuit was in, as illustrated by the panic and late call to redeploy the yellow. I question what would've happened had the TV camera not picked it up.

I like Formula E - more than most motorsport fans it seems. But these sort of errors are not acceptable at any level. When you add in the complete inability to come up with effective rules regarding the Attack Zone and when you can overtake under SC, you end up with a bad painting of the current rule makers.

Good series. But the time for these sort of problems have passed. It needs to get a grip of things.
Old 20 Jan 2020, 19:24 (Ref:3952481)   #10
Nikki Katz
Racer

So that was a bit of a mess again. Aside from all the on track crashes, how many penalties for technical infringements were there??? Still enjoyed watching it though, and a good race from Gunther. I was really unsure of Andretti’s driver lineup considering they have arguably the best car, but they’ve both won races already.
Old 21 Jan 2020, 19:44 (Ref:3952646)   #11
LPP68
Rookie

https://www.gpupdate.net/nl/autospor...tiago-verloor/

De Vries got his penalty because the team cooled the battery more than is allowed.

Did anybody read some interesting story about Vergne? He was making a mess of the track and his car and the race, to no effect in the end.
Old 23 Jan 2020, 14:53 (Ref:3952943)   #12
HighParker
Racer

Canada
Toronto
HighParker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Every time I see one of that team's cars,
https://twitter.com/MagnaInt/status/1219731415740354562

it reminds me of the main sponsor having its headquarters in a town (Aurora) just north of where I live in Toronto. When you take the train that goes between there and Toronto, it stops at the Downsview station right beside a little-used airstrip just inside the city that, in a similar way to Berlin Tempelhof, could probably be used for a Formula E event without needing to close any major city streets.
Two years ago someone from the Toronto Region Board of Trade had a meeting with "senior Formula E staff about the possibility of a future race".
https://e-racing365.com/formula-e/me...race-notebook/

It seems like such a good fit, I wonder if maybe they're waiting for the lawsuit involving the city of Montreal to be resolved before attempting to pursue the idea of Formula E returning to Canada. Does anyone know what's happening with the lawsuit? The Montreal race was cancelled by their new mayor in 2017 and the last mention of the lawsuit I can find is from seven months ago.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...suit-1.5167298

Last edited by HighParker; 23 Jan 2020 at 15:08.
Old 24 Jan 2020, 19:26 (Ref:3953182)   #13
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
I thought the last race was really good. Some really good battles in it, and some very good tactical stuff. I was impressed with it.

The layout changes were good too. That's a step up.
Old 1 Mar 2020, 12:59 (Ref:3960781)   #14
LPP68
Rookie

Yeah, it's good that the tracks grow with the performance of the cars.

About Marrakech: what a fight for second! Hard fighting on the edge of what is allowed, finished with a superb move with only the last electrons flowing.
Old 2 Mar 2020, 12:53 (Ref:3960998)   #15
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Serious question. How does Ma get away with always being further off next-to-last than next-to-last is to pole?

I know his manager owns the team or something but surely by now he should have realised he’s effectively totally wasting an entry?
Old 2 Mar 2020, 13:16 (Ref:3961005)   #16
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPP68 View Post
Yeah, it's good that the tracks grow with the performance of the cars.

About Marrakech: what a fight for second! Hard fighting on the edge of what is allowed, finished with a superb move with only the last electrons flowing.
Yep, really good race. It's a shame we didn't see more of Mitch Evans fight through from the back though - that could end up being seen as a champion's drive come the end of the season.

I'm really enjoying FE in general this season, they've got the whole thing just about right for the most part (if we could just lose Fanboost...).
Old 2 Mar 2020, 13:57 (Ref:3961010)   #17
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post
Yep, really good race. It's a shame we didn't see more of Mitch Evans fight through from the back though - that could end up being seen as a champion's drive come the end of the season.

I'm really enjoying FE in general this season, they've got the whole thing just about right for the most part (if we could just lose Fanboost...).
Yep I'd echo your thoughts greg. Huge depth of talent in the entry the vast majority who have been or were very close to F1 material and the racing is usually very entertaining!
Old 6 Mar 2020, 16:25 (Ref:3961976)   #18
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Rome e-Prix postponed, unsurprisingly.
Old 11 Mar 2020, 11:58 (Ref:3963026)   #19
Nikki Katz
Racer

Jakarta’s also postponed. That wasn’t due to run for a while was it?
Old 12 Mar 2020, 11:08 (Ref:3963373)   #20
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Good thing about Formula Battery, is that with it being so spread out they could rearrange a few rounds more easily than a lot of other major series?
Old 12 Mar 2020, 22:27 (Ref:3963631)   #21
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it depends - you still have to work with cities to make sure there's nothing else going on and that kind of stuff. plus some may not be in the financial position to try and hold the event again - so many things to cancel, and so many lost deposits.

it's interesting - if a government was looking to compensate an entire travel industry, where do they put the money into the system so it trickles down through companies to the individual who is out of pocket?
Old 13 Mar 2020, 09:38 (Ref:3963775)   #22
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Season suspended:

https://twitter.com/FIAFormulaE/stat...74443950505985
Old 18 Apr 2020, 10:23 (Ref:3971514)   #23
smithhehehaha
Racer

smithhehehaha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Berlin eprix will not go on as scheduled on June 21. The remaining 3 rounds in July are still in doubt.
Old 1 May 2020, 19:49 (Ref:3974014)   #24
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
And that looks like it's all over.

https://www.autosport.com/fe/news/14...-season-finale
Old 26 May 2020, 12:08 (Ref:3978386)   #25
Nikki Katz
Racer

I see that Audi abt have dropped Daniel abt in real life for cheating in the last sim race (he replaced himself with a sim driver). You’d think given the real world consequences in nascar that people would try not to bring their teams into disrepute, even in a sim game? Does abt’s father still have much control of the team?