Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Oct 2009, 19:41 (Ref:2556129)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
DJR to 4 Cars in 2010??

With all the talk of 4 car teams being the 'only' way to fly in this series, whispers from the powder room suggest that a certain stalwart Ford team is about to double in size.

The story goes that when 888 pull down the shutters on their Ford operations, that at least 2 chassis shall end up down Stapylton way, for 2009 enduro driver in Mr Webb, and potentially Mr Coulthard!!

It seems the commonality of equipment between DJR & PCR is one reason this process might actually get off the ground, with the owned PCR REC, and the one leased from Britek able to make the '4 car superteam' come alive.

While Mr Coulthard & PCR make sense as an option, it is understood, purely allegedly of course, that Mr Bright may be in discussions to re-form the Britek band, with 2 cars using the 2 Britek RECs prepared by DJR under that brand, operated by DJR, with Mr Webb, and Mr Bright in the seats. All contingent on Fujitsu not ending up at FPR/WP apparently...

Either way, it seems that DJR is allegedly on the move to a bigger team structure, soaking up all that 888 gear that will otherwise not have a home, and using their engine experience to provide a unique option for Mr Webb & either of Mr Bright or Mr Coulthard!

Presuming any of this actually happened
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 7 Oct 2009, 21:06 (Ref:2556193)   #2
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does Mr Webb allegedly bring something to the table sponsorwise, seeing how he is mentioned in both your scenarios ??

Otherwise I would of thought a 4 car team with Jnr Johnson / Courtney / Bright / Coulthard would be looking exceptionally strong
Old 7 Oct 2009, 21:42 (Ref:2556213)   #3
Peregrine
Racer

Australia
Emu Plains
Peregrine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice to see a positive DJR thread from you GTR, if indeed it actually happened
Old 7 Oct 2009, 22:02 (Ref:2556231)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by yap View Post
Does Mr Webb allegedly bring something to the table sponsorwise, seeing how he is mentioned in both your scenarios ??

Otherwise I would of thought a 4 car team with Jnr Johnson / Courtney / Bright / Coulthard would be looking exceptionally strong
To give some context to the development series ride this year, the spend is allegedly somewhere in the region of $400k, when the income from Gulf Western is said to be ~$80k, yet that brand has full car signage & naming rights

There are a number of family businesses allegedly funding the development series effort, that would likely move support to the main game ride when it eventuates (allegedly of course )

It is also said that Mr Webb is contributing to the DJR budget in 2009 to facilitate the enduro drives in #18 with Mr Luff...
Old 7 Oct 2009, 23:41 (Ref:2556268)   #5
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would be very happy to see Britek reform with DJR, sounds like it could be a strong team.
Old 8 Oct 2009, 01:14 (Ref:2556295)   #6
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If your talking $$$ for a seat Mabye Mr Denyer with his Channel 7 $$$ might be a choice?? I am thinking a Webb, Coulthard Addition will be on the cards however with Birtek reforming with SBR to go to 4 cars also.
Old 8 Oct 2009, 01:22 (Ref:2556297)   #7
Wood-duck
Racer

Wood-duck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was the Bright / SBR deal also somehow tied in with the Irwin sponsorship on the #4 car ??
Or will Irwin replace Fujistu when the enivitably depart to another team ?

What then happens to SBR - Ford top up the coffers ?
Old 8 Oct 2009, 03:48 (Ref:2556347)   #8
FordXE
Rookie

FordXE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
It is also said that Mr Webb is contributing to the DJR budget in 2009 to facilitate the enduro drives in #18 with Mr Luff...
I can tell you as fact that "Mr Webb" does not bring a cent to DJR, he is also not paying for his enduro drive but is having his costs & expenses covered by DJR for PI and Bathurst.
He comes to DJR a lot cheaper than Steve Owen and is also a lot easier to work with, several crew members had very few kind words about a rather lazy and uncooperative Steve Owen.
Old 8 Oct 2009, 12:40 (Ref:2556607)   #9
speedreader
Racer

Australia
speedreader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about Courtney / Johnson / Bright & Luffy - with the times he (Luffy) has been consistently recording this year as well as a solid Phillip Island appearance I would love to see him have another go in the main game...
Old 8 Oct 2009, 20:54 (Ref:2556970)   #10
paydirt
Racer

paydirt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by yap View Post
The Webb family fortune is considerable.......almost Packer-like.
Old 9 Oct 2009, 12:29 (Ref:2557454)   #11
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paydirt View Post
The Webb family fortune is considerable.......almost Packer-like.
...and the fact that it doesn't secure him a full-time gig in the Bigs tells you what?
Old 9 Oct 2009, 22:08 (Ref:2557844)   #12
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was about to say mummy and daddy Webb have a lot of the green folding stuff in there fortune.
Old 10 Oct 2009, 00:46 (Ref:2557912)   #13
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
...and the fact that it doesn't secure him a full-time gig in the Bigs tells you what?

That maybe they are not prepared to pay stupid amounts of money just to see him in the main game?? Not really a fan myself but a 2.08.08 in qualifying has him 16th on the grid in main game times and ahead of the more fancied Owen, Canto, Perkins, Simonsen etc.

A win in race one and a new lap record and leading the championship says he goes ok, and has some money behind him.
Old 11 Oct 2009, 08:51 (Ref:2558846)   #14
deano2
Racer

deano2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
webb is good driver....his results in carrera cup and fujitsu prove it...the fact his family have money is irrelevant
Old 11 Oct 2009, 10:20 (Ref:2558903)   #15
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With the speculation out of Mt Panorama regarding the TKR-esque debt levels surrounding PCR, will they even be a factor in the 2010 V8 Supercar Championship?
Old 11 Oct 2009, 10:26 (Ref:2558907)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
With the speculation out of Mt Panorama regarding the TKR-esque debt levels surrounding PCR, will they even be a factor in the 2010 V8 Supercar Championship?
Looks pretty in pink

Old 11 Oct 2009, 10:33 (Ref:2558913)   #17
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Looks pretty in pink
Isn't pink a shade or so off red??
Old 11 Oct 2009, 10:37 (Ref:2558916)   #18
motofan
Racer

motofan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
are you suggesting a move to the red side? maybe we will get a team of 4 that swings both ways when it comes to colour?
Old 11 Oct 2009, 10:42 (Ref:2558922)   #19
Just Do It!
Veteran

No, Red is usually a business term for when you aren't in the black.

Two burns in two seasons for SBRE perhaps
Old 11 Oct 2009, 11:02 (Ref:2558932)   #20
motofan
Racer

motofan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is there any word on who the debt obligations are due to?
Old 11 Oct 2009, 11:06 (Ref:2558936)   #21
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
888? KRE? NotSo? are the only one's i can think of.
Old 12 Oct 2009, 11:34 (Ref:2559661)   #22
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazil View Post
That maybe they are not prepared to pay stupid amounts of money just to see him in the main game?? Not really a fan myself but a 2.08.08 in qualifying has him 16th on the grid in main game times and ahead of the more fancied Owen, Canto, Perkins, Simonsen etc.

A win in race one and a new lap record and leading the championship says he goes ok, and has some money behind him.
Yeah, fair enough, baz. I thought he did a damn good job over the weekend too. I unreservedly retract any derogatory inference that might've been drawn from my earlier comment.
Old 12 Oct 2009, 23:51 (Ref:2560249)   #23
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mabye Young Moffat to DJR in one of the 4 cars?? Alan seemed cosy in the DJR pit at bathurst?
Old 12 Oct 2009, 23:53 (Ref:2560251)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBXR8 View Post
Mabye Young Moffat to DJR in one of the 4 cars?? Alan seemed cosy in the DJR pit at bathurst?
More likely Mr Moffat will be a long-term FPR pilot.. grooming for greater things perhaps...
Old 13 Oct 2009, 02:37 (Ref:2560315)   #25
wide open
Rookie

Niger
wide open should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DJR to add Larrys 2 REC if to run 4 cars

Funny talk of WSR PCR what ever they call them selves, going to three cars a couple of weeks ago, this week will they even make it to Indy

Bright going back to 2 cars, another more likley not to make the end of the year

HomeBush could see 26 cars