Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 4 Jun 2017, 20:58 (Ref:3738686)   #1
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brands Commentators - Caterham Weekend

Commentating on Caterham racing cannot be easy, there is so much happening right the way throughout the field.
Its frantic, its frenetic, the cars are small and they are all the same silhouette.
Yet this weekend at Brands the 2 commentators had it nailed.
They were on top of every move all around the track, accurately and excitedly informing the paying public and building the atmosphere.
They worked brilliantly as a pair, never tripping over each other.
They had good knowledge of the previous rounds of the championships and the top drivers track records.
Clearly a lot of work had gone in before the meeting.
They were by far the best team I have heard in a very long while.
Well done Andy McEwan and Josh Barrett.
Old 5 Jun 2017, 06:56 (Ref:3738715)   #2
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed, they were pretty much spot on although a couple of times it sounded like they were having a party in the comms box!
It's a shame that the podium presentations overlapped the start of the next race's commentary on occasions, I don't know how you could overcome this problem which is increasingly prevalent at race meetings generally.
Old 5 Jun 2017, 19:02 (Ref:3738852)   #3
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was only there for the Sunday, but for a "clubbie" meeting, I was impressed by the way they worked together and their abilty to identify drivers and spot where the action was taking place without going over the top.

Commentators are too often unfairly criticised so its nice to pass on a little bit of acknowledgment of good work.
Old 5 Jun 2017, 19:27 (Ref:3738864)   #4
JamieGTi
Rookie

JamieGTi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly Drivers tend to take their time in getting to the podium, I was on the podium and pit lane duties on the Saturday and I hope those who were there enjoyed the 4 hour Fun Cup Race. Apologies the grid walk got cancelled, we were very tight on time and the welfare of the Caterham Drivers were a priority.
Old 12 Jun 2018, 22:50 (Ref:3828752)   #5
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice lad Josh - he's been having a little practice editing our Historic Formula Ford YouTube vids for the last couple of years. http://www.historicff.co.uk/

Pretty well nailed the action with us too.