Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 29 Sep 2018, 13:01 (Ref:3853257)   #1276
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
Tom Chilton is a perennial underachiever, full of **** and shouldn't be in the championship.
I think in general, he brings more to the BTCC than he detracts from it.
Old 29 Sep 2018, 14:26 (Ref:3853267)   #1277
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I think in general, he brings more to the BTCC than he detracts from it.
Yeah. Can't deny he's got enthusiasm! Personally he's one of my favourites.
Old 29 Sep 2018, 17:57 (Ref:3853295)   #1278
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Chilton is one of my favourite drivers too, and that goes back to his season in the Barwell Astra - 02 IIRC. He is genuinely enthusiastic about his racing, he does appreciate the privileged position he's in, he is self deprecating and more often than not will manage to give a positive interview, even if things haven't gone his way. I hope he'll be in BTCC for a good few years to come.
Old 30 Sep 2018, 05:57 (Ref:3853412)   #1279
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
to me its not an issue of "not being in a BTCC car", the issue is that Team Hard have on 2 separate statements stated that Caine is part of their team 1 - for the season, and 2 - continuing for the long term.
I would have no issue him turning out for another team if it wasn't Bartrum tho made such a fuss about drivers being loyal etc.

Also is relevant on account of how Gilham has allegedly stopped another of his drivers (Hill) racing elsewhere
He stopped Hill racing for another BTCC team. Hill is able to, and has, raced elsewhere.
Old 30 Sep 2018, 17:24 (Ref:3853561)   #1280
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A second gazette notice for compulsory strike-off has been listed at Companies House against BMR Racing Limited.

No accounts have been posted since December 2015.

Is this the end of BMR?
Old 30 Sep 2018, 17:55 (Ref:3853573)   #1281
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
A second gazette notice for compulsory strike-off has been listed at Companies House against BMR Racing Limited.

No accounts have been posted since December 2015.

Is this the end of BMR?
Hopefully the end of the Subarus at least...
Old 30 Sep 2018, 18:08 (Ref:3853583)   #1282
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I think the end of BMR, but not the Subaru. I think it's headed South and will have a TOCA engine...
Old 30 Sep 2018, 19:03 (Ref:3853604)   #1283
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Theoretically speaking, I wonder whether it's possible to still have factory-backed Subaru team but ran by different team?
Because it wouldn't be good to see Subaru as a factory entry go.
Old 30 Sep 2018, 19:09 (Ref:3853607)   #1284
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I think the end of BMR, but not the Subaru. I think it's headed South and will have a TOCA engine...
#gamechanger
Old 30 Sep 2018, 20:25 (Ref:3853643)   #1285
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Er, yeah.

If it did have the TOCA lump then the CoG penalties that played havoc with it wouldn't be needed. Although the engine itself would change the dynamic.

It could potentially be re-jigged into an FWD machine could it not? Whether that would bring an advantage or create a disadvantage?

Next year sees the new FWD BMW 1 Series launch in Europe; not 'til middle of the year here. So will BMW be backing WSR next year to run a car that will be "old" by the second half of the season?

And will Mr Gow quietly ban RWD when WSR move on from the current car?
Old 30 Sep 2018, 20:49 (Ref:3853650)   #1286
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It could potentially be re-jigged into an FWD machine could it not?
No. Road car uses a longitudinal mounted engine which means it wouldn't fit the FWD TOCA subframes
Old 30 Sep 2018, 21:20 (Ref:3853657)   #1287
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Er, yeah.

If it did have the TOCA lump then the CoG penalties that played havoc with it wouldn't be needed. Although the engine itself would change the dynamic.

It could potentially be re-jigged into an FWD machine could it not? Whether that would bring an advantage or create a disadvantage?

Next year sees the new FWD BMW 1 Series launch in Europe; not 'til middle of the year here. So will BMW be backing WSR next year to run a car that will be "old" by the second half of the season?

And will Mr Gow quietly ban RWD when WSR move on from the current car?
Hopefully WSR will switch to the new 1 Series.
And hopefully RWD will be banned. Personally I like that we've got both FWD and RWD cars in the field but I'm sick and tired of endless RWD v FWD discussions.
Oh and by the way Mr. Gow, if you ban RWD, please scrap performance weights too.
Old 30 Sep 2018, 21:33 (Ref:3853659)   #1288
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
He stopped Hill racing for another BTCC team. Hill is able to, and has, raced elsewhere.

Your kind of missing the point but ok
Old 30 Sep 2018, 21:47 (Ref:3853661)   #1289
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I hope RWD won’t be banned, because then we are making it a scapegoat. Anyway we haven’t heard many FWD vs RWD arguments, which are usually started by the FWD brigade, but no so much these days
Old 30 Sep 2018, 22:08 (Ref:3853664)   #1290
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
AMD again? What is happening to the Audi and MG cars?
Old 1 Oct 2018, 07:11 (Ref:3853728)   #1291
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Yep, the BTCC has (nearly) always had a mixture of drivetrains throughout the grid. I dont see why we should now ban it (RWD). They now have a 30kg base weight penalty, which in my view should be enough, all the other performance measures should be reviewed (1st gear, boost cut at low speeds etc).
Old 1 Oct 2018, 08:20 (Ref:3853745)   #1292
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Hopefully WSR will switch to the new 1 Series.
Would be nice, but can't see that happening for next season.
Old 1 Oct 2018, 10:10 (Ref:3853774)   #1293
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The fact is every spec of car has it's advantage and disadvantage. And sometimes it's more down to the car than the drivetrain