Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 27 May 2018, 09:47 (Ref:3824894)   #91
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
if you want to watch the best guy on the best bike win routinely fair enough.
I would doubt that is "the best bike"
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 May 2018, 21:25 (Ref:3825109)   #92
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh I beg to differ this year, even last year.
Old 1 Jun 2018, 14:38 (Ref:3826038)   #93
E.B
Veteran

Australia
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
FP2 at Mugello stopped due to a horrific looking crash to Michele Pirro who came off at 350kph.

Fortunately although he was knocked unconscious no bones broken according to latest updates although he has gone to hospital for scans on his shoulder.

On account of no serious injuries reported here is a clip of the crash. A lucky man. Hopefully the reports of condition are accurate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li796eHsqcQ

Quote:
Speaking to Spanish TV channel Movistar, Ducati sporting director Paolo Ciabatti revealed that Pirro was awake and alert, but could not recall the crash.

“I spoke a few minutes ago with [Ducati team manager] Davide Tardozzi, who is in the medical centre,” Ciabatti said. “Apparently the situation is less serious than it looked before.

“Michele recognises people and can talk. He doesn’t remember anything.

“He can move his legs and arms, but he could have a problem with the shoulder, so they are going to check it in a hospital in Florence with an MRI to make sure nothing is broken.”

Last edited by E.B; 1 Jun 2018 at 14:49.
Old 2 Jun 2018, 07:21 (Ref:3826159)   #94
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Horrible crash .. even knowing that he's relatively ok .. still cringe when i see it

Ciao Marco
Old 2 Jun 2018, 10:26 (Ref:3826179)   #95
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
Seems he got off lightly there, which is a relief
Old 2 Jun 2018, 16:51 (Ref:3826255)   #96
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!
Lets face it, those of us that have been watching bike racing for over 50 years must be amazed at modern safety wear !!!!

And who's that old boy on pole in the Moto GP ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 4 Jun 2018, 08:57 (Ref:3826697)   #97
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Well that was a turn up for the books ! two Ducati's 1st & 2nd !! Loenzo back to his old self, I wonder what will happen with his contract now ? As for the works Honda team disaster ! I don't understand why they didn't call Marquez in to avoid the embarrassment of running round at the back after his "moment" ?
Credit to Vali for hanging in there.
Old 4 Jun 2018, 10:57 (Ref:3826708)   #98
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Odd race, all sadly to do with tyres and track temp and the fact Michelin have so many variable of what they call a certain compound, that you never really know what everyone is running.

A soft soft, could easily be twice as soft as a hard soft!

Bit silly really, surely it would be better to bring a various compounds that are the same? With variables for odd tracks or layouts.
Old 5 Jun 2018, 10:21 (Ref:3826920)   #99
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!
I was hoping that Marquez was going to hang on to the Honda!
Give him 10/10 for effort, and he damn near picked it up.

Ana Carrasco is doing an amazing job in the Supersport 300s, now leading the world championship!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ana_Carrasco

Go girl!
Old 6 Jun 2018, 00:02 (Ref:3827050)   #100
E.B
Veteran

Australia
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wow, what a 24 hour period in the MotoGP rider market. Pedrosa out at Repsol Honda, replaced by Lorenzo, Petrucci to replace JLo at Ducati. Oh and Mir to Suzuki.
Old 6 Jun 2018, 23:06 (Ref:3827286)   #101
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Wow, what a 24 hour period in the MotoGP rider market. Pedrosa out at Repsol Honda, replaced by Lorenzo, Petrucci to replace JLo at Ducati. Oh and Mir to Suzuki.
Hmmm it will be interesting to see what happens next year with Lorenzo, will it be another two years learning to ride the bike ? I might put some money on how long it takes him to win (or not)
Old 7 Jun 2018, 14:18 (Ref:3827408)   #102
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
Nice to see the Lorenzo of old returning at Mugello. Marquez tries too hard and drops, now the title fight is back on. Top 9 riders within 50 points shows it's far from over

Lorenzo off to Honda, let's see what he can do. Wonder where Dani will go now, he hasn't done much these last few seasons. Petrucci to Ducati is a good move IMHO
Old 9 Jun 2018, 00:47 (Ref:3827759)   #103
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!
This was really strange:

“To believe in Jorge Lorenzo before was hard, now it’s easy to say,” smiled the ‘Spartan’, responding to Casey Stoner’s belief that Lorenzo had only been missing one thing to be able to win. “I say I don’t make excuses but I don’t, when I make a mistake I say it. When I need something, it’s true. And I showed it. Ducati gave me this modification and I showed it was true. I never lie and I hope now people believe my words. One side of my heart is happy about this, but then the other is sad because if I’d had this before I could have said I was going to continue with Ducati…but I can’t tell you that.” http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2018/0...-in-red/261406

Apparently Lorenzo had been asking for a modification to the fuel tank of the Ducati so that he would get more support from the shape and feel more comfortable on the bike.

Given that they employed a multiple world champion and are paying him somewhere around $12M a year, why wouldn't this have been done as soon as he asked for it?
Old 9 Jun 2018, 09:44 (Ref:3827803)   #104
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post

Given that they employed a multiple world champion and are paying him somewhere around $12M a year, why wouldn't this have been done as soon as he asked for it?
Agreed, I think it must have been deeper than that as a fuel tank shape would only be a couple of bob in the big scheme of things !