Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 8 May 2018, 05:44 (Ref:3820736)   #76
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not much to say about the race at Dover, Harvick was just a notch better than everybody else. At this rate he'll rack up ten wins before the year is over. Also, I'm getting mighty tired of rain.

Next up Kansas.
Old 8 May 2018, 08:57 (Ref:3820760)   #77
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
Not much to say about the race at Dover, Harvick was just a notch better than everybody else. At this rate he'll rack up ten wins before the year is over. Also, I'm getting mighty tired of rain.

Next up Kansas.
Yes, Harvick and team are on top of their game this year, so far. I've seen that change with other teams though. Kyle Busch seemed equally on top, but fizzled out. Yes, TIRED of rain this year. Practically every race has been affected by rain this season. That has got to be some kind of record, hope it doesn't continue.
Old 14 May 2018, 05:04 (Ref:3822262)   #78
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Kansas City is in the books. The race was not that great, but that was a good finish. Congratulations Kevin Harvick on your 5th win of the year.
Old 15 May 2018, 07:57 (Ref:3822535)   #79
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Lee View Post
Kansas City is in the books. The race was not that great, but that was a good finish. Congratulations Kevin Harvick on your 5th win of the year.
The last stage overall was pretty good, along with the finish. Harvick is apparently spying on me and doing all he can to fulfill my prediction of ten wins this year. Also, not sure what it is with Kansas that produces big wrecks but I'm glad everyone were ok - Byron in particular took a rather big hit.

Next up the Monster Energy NASCAR All-Star Snooze Race (seriously, when was the last time we had a wild & crazy All-Star race with a bunch of angry drivers and mangled race cars?) - I wonder what sort of strange/stupid/silly rules NASCAR will give a go this time around.
Old 16 May 2018, 12:38 (Ref:3822844)   #80
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I wonder what sort of strange/stupid/silly rules NASCAR will give a go this time around.
Odd numbered cars to drive round clockwise.
Old 19 May 2018, 14:57 (Ref:3823383)   #81
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Odd numbered cars to drive round clockwise.
Well... at least that'd create some excitement!

Autosport just reminded me what NASCAR will try tonight:
Quote:
The Charlotte All-Star race will use a new aero package that includes revised front air ducts, a larger rear spoiler, restrictor plates and a reversion to a splitter that was part of a regulatory overhaul to improve racing back in 2014.
Old 19 May 2018, 22:50 (Ref:3823460)   #82
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
So, about that experimental aero package...

...I actually kinda like it - plenty of close, exciting racing during the final stage of the Open. Looking forward to see how it plays out in the main event.
Old 21 May 2018, 13:28 (Ref:3823756)   #83
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

...I actually kinda like it - plenty of close, exciting racing during the final stage of the Open. Looking forward to see how it plays out in the main event.
I completely missed that this was this weekend, but I will be watching / following some or most of the 600. Greatest day in motor racing all year.

Glad to hear there was some improvement.
Old 21 May 2018, 17:18 (Ref:3823799)   #84
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Are there any ride buyers in the Cup series currently. Or is everybody a paid pro?
Old 22 May 2018, 18:48 (Ref:3824038)   #85
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Did look closer: could the closeness have been helped by the short 30 and 20 lap stages a little?

Is it just me or was the 88's aero getting upset with itself the cause of Bowmans wreck? I didn't see him do anything wrong...

Overall it was enjoyable and exciting. Now carry that forward and we're headed in the right direction.
Old 27 May 2018, 22:37 (Ref:3825118)   #86
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Trying the triple today....not sure how long I'll make it.
Old 28 May 2018, 04:18 (Ref:3825138)   #87
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
With a few breaks, I made it. Congrats to Captian Snothead and his smokin hot wife.
Old 28 May 2018, 15:14 (Ref:3825258)   #88
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
I watched Charlotte, after spending the most of the day in bed, sleeping, after I got home from Church, at around 11:45 or so. Didn't have nothing else to do, it had started raining, though it may not have rained the entire day. Didn't really have anywhere to go anyway. They were very fortunate to get the race in. The weather had been looking like it would be a rainout, all week. Glad it wasn't.

It wasn't much of a race. Kyle Busch basically ran off and hid from the rest of the field. I would have been interesting if Harvick had not blown that tire and hit the wall. He was fast and it could have very well been a good race between him and Busch, if he had he had not had that accident. Really not a whole lot else to be said about the race. On to Pocono this coming Sunday.
Old 29 May 2018, 21:12 (Ref:3825547)   #89
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Pretty much! Kyle was in a class of one. Kevin Harvick looked real quick prior to that tyre causing his wreck; could be that tyre robbed us of a close fight up front: Kevin was very fast last week at the All Star.

It really is starting to look like the Busch & Harvick show this year: surely one of these guys will lift the title. Wouldn't care to call which one!
Old 30 May 2018, 13:04 (Ref:3825642)   #90
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Pretty much! Kyle was in a class of one. Kevin Harvick looked real quick prior to that tyre causing his wreck; could be that tyre robbed us of a close fight up front: Kevin was very fast last week at the All Star.

It really is starting to look like the Busch & Harvick show this year: surely one of these guys will lift the title. Wouldn't care to call which one!
Cheering for Kyle Busch to get to 200 overall NASCAR wins still. I think he is at around 187 now. 91 of which is from the Grand National (xfinity series) where he said if he gets to 100 he'll stop driving in that series. If he gets to 199, he should stop both that and trucks so 200 could be from the Cup series. I think the achievement would be incredible. I am thinking he has a shot at getting to 200 wins in 2019 at his current pace.
Old 11 Jun 2018, 09:48 (Ref:3828340)   #91
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Not sure why I decided to stay up to watch the race from Michigan, because it certainly wasn't worth it, but here we are...

Anyway, nice to see Bowyer pick up his second win of the year. Also, it was pretty cool seeing them enter turn one going 220 mph - that's pretty dang quick!

Apparently NASCAR will apply the All-Star package on two other tracks later in the year. Looking forward to seeing how it plays out.
Old 12 Jun 2018, 21:16 (Ref:3828741)   #92
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Not sure why I decided to stay up to watch the race from Michigan, because it certainly wasn't worth it, but here we are...

Anyway, nice to see Bowyer pick up his second win of the year. Also, it was pretty cool seeing them enter turn one going 220 mph - that's pretty dang quick!

Apparently NASCAR will apply the All-Star package on two other tracks later in the year. Looking forward to seeing how it plays out.
I do not see anything good coming from applying the "all-star" package to any other track. Another in the long line of gimmicks that is killing stock car racing!

Happy for Bowyer, but the race, itself left allot to be desired!
Old 18 Jun 2018, 05:46 (Ref:3831550)   #93
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Lee View Post
I do not see anything good coming from applying the "all-star" package to any other track. Another in the long line of gimmicks that is killing stock car racing!

Happy for Bowyer, but the race, itself left allot to be desired!
While I agree that in a perfect world there would be no need for such a package, but at this point I'm prepared to take whatever in order to make the racing closer. Because it hasn't exactly set the world on fire so far this year.

Thankfully aero won't make that much of a difference at Sonoma. Looking forward to seeing some right turns.
Old 19 Jun 2018, 06:49 (Ref:3831807)   #94
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Me too... adds a welcome element of variety: and the odd road course racer to liven things up 😀
Old 23 Jun 2018, 03:16 (Ref:3832595)   #95
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Well, Y'all enjoy it. I DO NOT like road-racing, so I won't be watching this Sunday. I have to buy a "Bluetooth device", since the "hands free" law goes into effect, here in Georgia on 1 July. Sunday afternoon sounds like the time to go look for one!
Old 23 Jun 2018, 13:33 (Ref:3832653)   #96
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
R.Lee,this may be one of 2 races I watch this year but the stages kill the strategy on the courses for me.

*I'm still okay with this kind of stuff...3 wheeling, banging off curbs and slinging a 3400 pound stockcar slideways out of each corner...

Good luck on the hands free deal. My cars are old so I'm going with earbuds.
Old 23 Jun 2018, 16:59 (Ref:3832701)   #97
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Got to admit the first time I saw a NASCAR non-oval race I did a double take; at the time I had no idea NASCAR ran on anything other than ovals!

Rusty memory of it; definitely was Busch series, think it might have been in Mexico (but can't remember sadly - or when for that matter) and Boris Said was the stand out driver by a country mile.

Sound about right or am I mixing things up totally?!
Old 24 Jun 2018, 00:40 (Ref:3832764)   #98
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
R.Lee,this may be one of 2 races I watch this year but the stages kill the strategy on the courses for me.

*I'm still okay with this kind of stuff...3 wheeling, banging off curbs and slinging a 3400 pound stockcar slideways out of each corner...

Good luck on the hands free deal. My cars are old so I'm going with earbuds.
Funny, I'm just the opposite. This, Watkins Glen, whatever they're doing for the fall race at Charlotte and ims are the only races that I won't be watching this year. I just cannot get into this, it is totally foreign to me. Guess that is one of those "too each his own" kind of things.

I am going to look at Wally World. A guy where I work got one there, for about $40.00 Bucks, said it works good. Guess we'll see. Same here, I drive a 2010 Toyoda Tundra, that was a couple of years before Blue Tooth became standard on cars and trucks.
Old 24 Jun 2018, 00:47 (Ref:3832765)   #99
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Got to admit the first time I saw a NASCAR non-oval race I did a double take; at the time I had no idea NASCAR ran on anything other than ovals!

Rusty memory of it; definitely was Busch series, think it might have been in Mexico (but can't remember sadly - or when for that matter) and Boris Said was the stand out driver by a country mile.

Not sure if you got it right or not. My memory isn't the best anymore either. I do remember Boris Said being announced as a ringer for the road-course races, but I didn't watch them. I do remember him driving in an occasional Cup and Busch (Xfinity now) oval race for a couple of years. As I said, I just cannot get into road-racing, it does nothing for me. I just skip them and start watching again when they go back to ovals.
Old 24 Jun 2018, 04:10 (Ref:3832774)   #100
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:

Pretty close. Boris won a race at the Circuit Giles Villeneuve in Montreal but it wasn't by a country mile. It may have been a runaway for him until a late caution. Thought he won more than 1 Busch race but nope!

https://youtu.be/FqYRg37xAPA

Max Papis, Robby Gordon, Jacques Villeneuve, Colin Braun, Ron Fellows Patrick Carpentier, Marcos Ambrose, Tony Ave....field was stacked with road racers and what a finish!!

Zaxbys car!!!