Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 12 Apr 2016, 11:50 (Ref:3632076)   #76
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The 2010 and 2011 ILMC races were run on conjunction with LMS though, to my great preference.

Agree with what Sam Collins said year or two ago, it's such waste to have same cars in two races when they could just run integrated. Or at least all that fit together on grid
Old 12 Apr 2016, 17:57 (Ref:3632148)   #77
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
See your point completely - quite liked when it was early autumn - weather tended to be a bit more predictable (although not always a completely safe bet) and it spread the accessible European rounds through the year (Spa in May, Le Mans in June, Silverstone in September was quite nice).

That said there's now also a delight at the opportunity to catch up with people and start the year cheerfully, make some plans for what looks like a cracking season, and getting the first opportunity to see the new machinery in action adds quite a bit.

And remember - this is long distance sportscar racing - a cold and wet sportscar fan is a happy sportscar fan...

Would love to see a Monza 6hours around this time, weathers very pleasant at the moment. 4day weekend break followed by another 4day weekend in Spa. ☀️

As you say Silverstone in autumn before the calendar heads to Asia.

Starting to wish I'd booked to go down Friday and Saturday now! Excitement is kicking in.
Old 12 Apr 2016, 19:23 (Ref:3632166)   #78
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see that lot's of tententhers are attending the event. Can any of you do me a favour? If you have the chance to get close to the cars, can you take pictures as these ones, please? :

I want to see, in detail, all that's going on in the R18's front end, from the side exit ducts POV

The same as the first one. The only difference is that it's from the front POV

All of these particular angles, showing the R18, would be much appreciated. Thanks very much in advance for those who can do it!
Old 12 Apr 2016, 20:51 (Ref:3632182)   #79
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkshireLad View Post
Still baffles me why they do Silverstone in April! Shite weather makes it an inhospitable place for families, only the hardiest of fans can endure the brunt of wind and rain. I still take my 2 1/2 + 8yr olds, just hoping for plenty of sun on SUNday ☀️☀️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was perfectly OK for most of the three days last year......
Old 13 Apr 2016, 16:33 (Ref:3632358)   #80
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Has a time/date/location been agreed for a meetup?

In other Silverstone news, at the 24hrs last week there was an 'interesting' beer lorry next to the dodgy burger van, selling a couple of Hobgoblin beers straight from the cask (in addition to some fizzy lager) which made a change from the usual offerings.
Old 13 Apr 2016, 16:45 (Ref:3632362)   #81
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I think we plan to meet up in the club grandstand around 11.00 on sunday guy if you can't find us my number is 07585807196 but if you are there friday/saturday i am sure we will meet up somewhere
Old 14 Apr 2016, 09:29 (Ref:3632540)   #82
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkshireLad View Post
Still baffles me why they do Silverstone in April! Shite weather makes it an inhospitable place for families, only the hardiest of fans can endure the brunt of wind and rain. I still take my 2 1/2 + 8yr olds, just hoping for plenty of sun on SUNday ☀️☀️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I absolutely agree.

I could go on a negative rant about Silverstone for hours, and your post just may have tipped me over the edge.

I shall not mention the needless passively aggressive security they employ now, nor the generally negative attitude towards spectators and photographers, or the awful food vendors. This time my rant is about the advance ticket price.

So its "£35" according to the website, but its not. After their BS "handling fee" its actually £38. So basically £2 cheaper than buying on the day. Now with all what can happen in the UK with weather and so on, is that really a wise choice? How does saving £2 really make you want to order an advance ticket? It should be a £10 saving or something. That's really pretty stupid in my view, unless someone chimes in now and tells me it was £30 up until 2 months ago or something...?
Old 14 Apr 2016, 10:32 (Ref:3632558)   #83
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've just looked at the weather forecast for Saturday! I had to double check with an alternate site as I thought it was a mistake.
Old 14 Apr 2016, 10:43 (Ref:3632559)   #84
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know that the weather in the UK is only predictable 5 minutes before the actual event (and even then it's a gamble) , but if the current forecasts hold true, then we will have wet practices and a dry qualy. That should confuse things up nicely.
Old 14 Apr 2016, 11:42 (Ref:3632580)   #85
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I absolutely agree.

I could go on a negative rant about Silverstone for hours, and your post just may have tipped me over the edge.

I shall not mention the needless passively aggressive security they employ now, nor the generally negative attitude towards spectators and photographers, or the awful food vendors. This time my rant is about the advance ticket price.

So its "£35" according to the website, but its not. After their BS "handling fee" its actually £38. So basically £2 cheaper than buying on the day. Now with all what can happen in the UK with weather and so on, is that really a wise choice? How does saving £2 really make you want to order an advance ticket? It should be a £10 saving or something. That's really pretty stupid in my view, unless someone chimes in now and tells me it was £30 up until 2 months ago or something...?

Which is exactly why we haven't bought tickets for Sunday. Travelling from the Leeds area seems pointless to us as car might breakdown, hurricane might hit Silverstone etc etc.

They care nothing for the fans at Silverstone. As people have said, its the first time to see the cars plus it's our home race.
That's the reason a few of us come down anyway
Old 14 Apr 2016, 11:52 (Ref:3632585)   #86
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I absolutely agree.

I'm not going to stick the boot into Silverstone for it's advance pricing. Saving £2 - fair enough, it's not a life changing amount, but then nor would knocking £10 off the price be especially transformational.

Buying in advance means I don't have to queue, run the lottery of them not taking credit cards (as was the case at Donington in 2006 - awkward when you're trying to buy three tickets), or have the niggling worry that it might sell out and tickets on the gate won't be available (okay, I'll grant the last one might be a little unlikely).

Putting the handling charge on is, I'll grant you, something I'm a lot less keen on - I've no objection to paying £38 for a ticket, but tell me you're charging me that - don't add an unavoidable surcharge...
Old 14 Apr 2016, 13:34 (Ref:3632624)   #87
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
unfortunately buying early i missed the ford discount that Helen found so paid £6 more than i needed to, but hi who cares will be on my way in 18 ours or so, roof down and a big smile on my face
Old 14 Apr 2016, 13:35 (Ref:3632625)   #88
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Given how unreliable I've found the UK postal system can be in recent years, the extra £2 on the gate is sometimes worth paying.

The £3 'handling' charge is a tad extortionate but entirely predictable nowadays, and my program voucher was missing when my tickets arrived too! Be interesting to know what it actually costs them to 'handle' (or mishandle in my case) each order.
Old 14 Apr 2016, 13:37 (Ref:3632627)   #89
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
roof down and a big smile on my face
I assume the smile would have been frozen on by the time you reached the circuit!
Old 14 Apr 2016, 13:40 (Ref:3632628)   #90
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The car has a heater so warm air flows out of it past me all the time, unlike a hard top where it has no where to go, and as long as i keep above 30 i stay dry even if it rains
Smile comes from enjoying the drive
Old 14 Apr 2016, 14:32 (Ref:3632644)   #91
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I keep watching the forecast, I think I am going to take every coat that I own, just to be on the safe side....
Old 14 Apr 2016, 15:48 (Ref:3632659)   #92
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob View Post
Given how unreliable I've found the UK postal system can be in recent years, the extra £2 on the gate is sometimes worth paying.

The £3 'handling' charge is a tad extortionate but entirely predictable nowadays, and my program voucher was missing when my tickets arrived too! Be interesting to know what it actually costs them to 'handle' (or mishandle in my case) each order.
If I recall correctly, last year it was a £5 charge for handling and postage for the tickets for the Silverstone Classic...
Old 14 Apr 2016, 19:12 (Ref:3632732)   #93
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
Quote:
If I recall correctly, last year it was a £5 charge for handling and postage for the tickets for the Silverstone Classic...
Was £1.95 shortly before their 'early bird' offer finished for this year's event, although that was purchased through a car club offer. How much do other circuits charge?
Old 14 Apr 2016, 20:12 (Ref:3632759)   #94
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i am sure we will have the usual sunday meet up in the grandstand same as the last 3 years
Doh! I can 'only' make Friday + Saturday....

I've got 4 of the early bird pit lane access tickets if anyone is interested... PM me if interested. I can give them to Truckosaurus to hand out if it works better... He's going on Sat + Sun

Old 14 Apr 2016, 20:14 (Ref:3632760)   #95
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
I keep watching the forecast, I think I am going to take every coat that I own, just to be on the safe side....
Sounds about right for Silverstone! Wind, rain, sun, hail, snow... all within about 1 hour of each other!!!
Old 14 Apr 2016, 20:36 (Ref:3632768)   #96
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by eps View Post
Doh! I can 'only' make Friday + Saturday....

I've got 4 of the early bird pit lane access tickets if anyone is interested... PM me if interested. I can give them to Truckosaurus to hand out if it works better... He's going on Sat + Sun

Will watch out for you tomorrow and Friday, should be getting there Friday after lunch, look out for a blue MR2 or my usual hat usually watch quite a bit of the elms race from the steps at the end of the wing as it is slightly sheltered from the wind.
Old 14 Apr 2016, 20:53 (Ref:3632774)   #97
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob View Post
I never got my voucher last year, despite three complaints in advance. Not worth bothering with. I'll buy one there if I feel like it....
Old 14 Apr 2016, 20:55 (Ref:3632776)   #98
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I should arrive for my three days around 11 am tomorrow. Safe journeys to all and let's hope we see some cracking racing!
Old 14 Apr 2016, 21:03 (Ref:3632777)   #99
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
See you there Andrew, or at the pub/travel lodge
Old 15 Apr 2016, 07:02 (Ref:3632837)   #100
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Got up and weather looks horrid down here in Kent, just need to pack the car and set off, looks like the roof will have to stay up at least until it dries.
See everyone there this afternoon
Simon