Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 30 Apr 2002, 05:19 (Ref:273923)   #1
fast95pony
Veteran

Canada
Calgary,Alberta,Canada
fast95pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Took a High Performance driving course...

It was just about the MOST FUN I've had with my clothes on !! It was ran over the weekend at the local track and we drove our own cars . I learned so much !! My poor Mustang took lots of abuse and really suprised me how well it handled.I also had her up to over 220 km/hr on the
long straight.

By Sunday evening I was totally exhausted. The car's front wheels were black with brake dust . And I still have a huge smile stuck on my mug !!

Alan
Old 30 Apr 2002, 12:10 (Ref:274265)   #2
con-rod
Rookie

con-rod should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sounds quality!
wish i had a car worth taking to a track day, i drive a vauxhall nova!!
Old 30 Apr 2002, 20:23 (Ref:274796)   #3
strad
Veteran

strad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Worth the $$$$$$$$ eh?
HAHAHAHAHAHA I bet!
Glad you had fun and even more glad you learned too....
Hold it,,,that sounds like I was disparaging your driving before or something...what I meant is we can all afford to learn more about car controll....
Old 3 May 2002, 02:55 (Ref:277008)   #4
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
you lucky bugger! Glad you had a great time, it must have been a real blast. What was the name of the track? How much did it cost? Did you have to have a rollcage, and wire the drainplug shut etc etc or any other safety things like that?

If you had any pictures taken, throw them up sometime.

djb (still driving the boring old 626)
Old 3 May 2002, 19:59 (Ref:277848)   #5
fast95pony
Veteran

Canada
Calgary,Alberta,Canada
fast95pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was held at the local 2 mile course at Racecity in Calgary. The course cost $425 CDN.The cars did not require a rollcage. They just had to be in good condition,good brakes,tires etc., and we had to have the latest rated helmet. I took a few pics, but they are not very interesting.
There were some nice cars including 2 Boxters,2 M3's ,2 911's, an AMG C32 , various Corvettes, a handful of WRX's , 3 Mustang GT's , and some full race early version RX-7's and Honda Civics .

Alan
Old 4 May 2002, 03:52 (Ref:278131)   #6
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Green with envy!!!! Don't know if you had ever been on a track before, but from the little bike racing I did, I really do appreciate your "most fun without clothes" comment. For me, it came down to not being able to afford it (not to mention getting spooked a bit by a 5th gear corner off) but I could really do with some more track time, although even a kart would satisfy me.
Must have been fun seeing the other cars too. Do you have to replace your pads?
One thing that I really appreciate from getting on a track is how one can think they are fast around corners, but doing it in a sate track environment really ups the level of what is nearer to 10/10ths. I am convinced that it makes anyone a better driver, as you have a real idea of what the limits are, how a bike/car/whatever behaves at the real squirrelly end of it, and you are prepared for the signs and limits of tire adhesion, not to mention slides and braking points. Another thing I noticed that was I no longer had the need to go fast around corners on tthe street as I knew that what I used to think was t he "limit" was far from it, as well as knowing better that getting any where near that on a public road just was'nt responsible.Hope your tire replacement won't take a big chunk out of your wallet. And don't you just love the balled up bits of rubber on the sidewalls?!
Cripes, just writing this makes me want to get out to a karting place with some friends!

David
Old 4 May 2002, 04:02 (Ref:278138)   #7
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
COOOL - My work is sending me to one Monday week