Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Nov 2004, 08:50 (Ref:1156798)   #26
mikmx
Racer

Netherlands
rotterdam
mikmx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This topic and its reply's are quite amusing..
Old 18 Nov 2004, 21:31 (Ref:1157437)   #27
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What about "A forum dedicated to hot topicing Sportscar related discussions"?

Last edited by Adam43; 18 Nov 2004 at 21:32.
Old 19 Nov 2004, 04:23 (Ref:1157659)   #28
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
How about a forum about Sportscars ? Oops, I found one here !
Old 19 Nov 2004, 08:10 (Ref:1157750)   #29
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe the description could be improved by adding a list of series names so search engines will pick up on it eg. 'Grand Am', 'LMES', 'ALMS', 'FIA GT' 'British GT' etc.
Old 19 Nov 2004, 13:20 (Ref:1158062)   #30
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In what order?
Old 19 Nov 2004, 13:32 (Ref:1158085)   #31
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
In what order?
Stick them alphabetically then there will be no complaints over favouritism.

And then at the end add, "ps. No Lamers."
Old 19 Nov 2004, 23:32 (Ref:1158823)   #32
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Agreed Guy, great idea IMHO.
Old 22 Nov 2004, 13:20 (Ref:1160798)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lamers or Lammers?
Old 22 Nov 2004, 13:56 (Ref:1160838)   #34
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Lamers or Lammers?
The former. It's an old joke from Back in the Day. In my youth I read various home computing magazines where in the classified advertisement section people would list out what games they had to 'share' and the ads would always end with the line "No Lamers." (ie. a person who is lame).

I should seek professional help, shouldn't I.
Old 22 Nov 2004, 14:07 (Ref:1160846)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yup.

Old 6 Dec 2004, 13:51 (Ref:1172307)   #36
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMW M6 is a sportscar?

While we are on the topic of names and descriptions...

I am from another culture (you probably knew already) so I am not very sure about the English terminologies: GT, Sportscar and Prototype.

My understanding is that a sportscar is also known as a prototype but not a GT. So a Ferrari 550 and an Aston Martin DBR9 is not a sportscar.

But the recent Autosport BMW M6 article described the M6 as a sportscar... I thought the M6 would be a GT, so did I miss something?

What is the definition of a sportscar? Is a sportscar a prototype by another name?
Old 6 Dec 2004, 14:09 (Ref:1172343)   #37
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
My understanding is that 'Sportscar racing' is a term for both Prototypes and GTs.

I think the only thing we can say with any certainty is that GTs have roofs.

Therefore: The Audi R8 is a Prototype, the Aston DBR9 is a GT, the recent Bentley Le Mans winner was both a Prototype and a GT. All three vehicles are Sportscars.

Now, where does the BMW M3 fit into this....
Old 6 Dec 2004, 14:24 (Ref:1172370)   #38
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The BMW M3 is a "Touring Car"....

Seriously, I believe it would fall into the GT class (GT2 as it will be known next year) of proplerly homologated, etc....the same class at the Porsche 911s and the Ferrari Modena 360s and the Panoz Esperante.

and to be sure everyone knows where the Aston Martin fits, it will be a GT1, which was the GTS class prior to the new designations....the same class at the Ferrari 550s, the Corvettes, etc.

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 6 Dec 2004, 14:51 (Ref:1172411)   #39
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

But the FIA Sportscar Championship (which no longer exists) did not include GTs, did it? From what I remember it was prototypes only.

Also this forum is known as the Sportscar and GT Racing Forum... so a GT is not a sportscar according to the forum name...

Last edited by Asa; 6 Dec 2004 at 14:51.
Old 7 Dec 2004, 02:21 (Ref:1173014)   #40
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would say 'sportscar' is a general term for prototypes and GT's. FIA Sportscars did have Prototype/GT mixed fields at some events.

Protoypes are also known as Sports racing cars. They are not production based.

GT's can be open or closed cars, but are productions based.

hrug:
Old 9 Dec 2004, 18:28 (Ref:1175515)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
I would say 'sportscar' is a general term for prototypes and GT's. FIA Sportscars did have Prototype/GT mixed fields at some events.

Protoypes are also known as Sports racing cars. They are not production based.

GT's can be open or closed cars, but are productions based.

hrug:

Sounds fine to me.........