Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 May 2011, 22:13 (Ref:2874270)   #1
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Craig Pollock to spearhead new engine supplier for 2013, Mechachrome involved

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91107

This is interesting ... aren't Mechachrome already involved with regards to the Renault lumps anyway? Not sure why someone without a family of road cars to plug would to supply engines, unless he's getting someone to badge them or something.
Old 4 May 2011, 22:31 (Ref:2874276)   #2
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
If you can build them cheap enough and make a profit from selling them (as alluded to in the article), why do you need to be a car manufacturer?

Cosworth seem to be doing OK.
Old 4 May 2011, 22:40 (Ref:2874283)   #3
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It is not yet known what the engine will be called in F1, but the plan is to run a commercial operation, similar to Cosworth, but we hear that P.U.R.E has big ambitions to introduce similar technologies to the marine and aviation worlds.
source: http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2011/...ngine-company/
Old 5 May 2011, 07:54 (Ref:2874381)   #4
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I thought the engine reg changes were being put on hold?
Old 5 May 2011, 09:27 (Ref:2874429)   #5
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I thought the engine reg changes were being put on hold?
I think that Ferrari and Ecclestone may have done that. Everyone else just gets on with it.

There are going to be discussions about it this weekend. But I would think that they would be fairly short ones, since no change requires a unanimous agreement any more.
Old 5 May 2011, 14:09 (Ref:2874590)   #6
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
did Flav not do something similar with Mecachrome, buying their excess supply for cheap rebranding them as Supertec engines and then selling them off to several teams for a boat load of money?
Old 5 May 2011, 14:49 (Ref:2874637)   #7
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really PURE? This is certainly insisting KERS will continue being ever present by their estimation. What no capcitor systems? And banking all on the little turbo? What isit about only one basket of your eggs...
Old 6 May 2011, 00:56 (Ref:2875069)   #8
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
A great piece of news, I look forward to seeing what PURE comes up with..

Graig Pollock is involved with some very talented people in this project..
Old 6 May 2011, 02:10 (Ref:2875074)   #9
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I won't be surprised if the engines could be named "Villeneuve".
Old 6 May 2011, 15:46 (Ref:2875404)   #10
gttouring
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
I won't be surprised if the engines could be named "Villeneuve".

Ha ha ha.
Old 8 May 2011, 11:37 (Ref:2876701)   #11
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The fact that Pollack is involved in this should ring alarm bells, look at the great job he did at BAR.

The fact the Todt is still pushing ahead with these silly new engine rules is a problem, I wonder now how many people who voted for him wish they had supported Vataneen instead
Old 8 May 2011, 18:42 (Ref:2876967)   #12
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
New engine regulations are here to stay, according to Todt.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91261
Old 8 May 2011, 23:07 (Ref:2877119)   #13
gttouring
Veteran

Bah.it wont have a huge effect on the racing per se, but this direction is not the pinnacle. Hybrids ok, any sort of electrics etc. But look to LeMans and the pinnacle of tech and aero seems to be there.
Old 9 May 2011, 12:47 (Ref:2877422)   #14
jobdone
Racer

jobdone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm all for new companies coming in, especially independents, we can't rely on manufacturers all the time. Bring me back the days of Hart and Judd taking on the big boys any day!
Old 9 May 2011, 13:36 (Ref:2877461)   #15
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobdone View Post
I'm all for new companies coming in, especially independents, we can't rely on manufacturers all the time. Bring me back the days of Hart and Judd taking on the big boys any day!
I think that's more than likely to be what will happen.
Old 10 May 2011, 08:44 (Ref:2877953)   #16
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobdone View Post
There is a better chance of Brian Hart or John Judd having engines in F1 than PURE
Old 10 May 2011, 23:46 (Ref:2878493)   #17
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For Hart there is only the small issue of starting up the business again. AER wouldn't be a terrible bet though. Anyhow, when Pollock starts getting involved in acronyms is a time to start getting worried. It makes sense in theory but I don't see it.
Old 20 May 2011, 13:34 (Ref:2883121)   #18
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
I think that Ferrari and Ecclestone may have done that. Everyone else just gets on with it.
Not according to AMuS.
http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/f...e-3763976.html

Three out of the current four engine manufactures seem to oppose the 1.6-litre 4IL turbo engine.
Old 21 May 2011, 00:59 (Ref:2883339)   #19
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
TBH, I think that most people are opposed to it. It's not exactly new technology, nor has F1 really got anything to do with road car technology. It would, however, IMO, see the end of Renault as an F1 engine manufacturer if F1 were to keep its V8's.