Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 9 May 2019, 23:49 (Ref:3902879)   #4326
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulahistory View Post
Would be amazing for IndyCar to have a driver joining Formula 1
I love Seabass but he didn't set the world on fire and I don't think his F1 experience moved the needle over here. I'd rather see (I think) more involvement from Red Bull in Indycar.

I'm happy for Pato, though! He seems like a good kid and is plenty quick. The whole crop of rookies has really kept their noses clean, for the most part. Really impressive.
Old 10 May 2019, 17:36 (Ref:3903033)   #4327
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I'd rather see Pato do Indycar full time on a Red Bull Carlin car.
Old 10 May 2019, 17:55 (Ref:3903038)   #4328
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I'd rather see Pato do Indycar full time on a Red Bull Carlin car.
Now, that would be amazing for IndyCar.
Old 10 May 2019, 21:54 (Ref:3903074)   #4329
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Pato and Colton have big futures ahead of them.
After Colton's Austin performance I thought there would be serious interest from F1...
Old 11 May 2019, 00:23 (Ref:3903090)   #4330
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Pato and Colton have big futures ahead of them.
After Colton's Austin performance I thought there would be serious interest from F1...
It's a tall task to ask a young driver to get a super license in Indycar, though.
Old 11 May 2019, 04:28 (Ref:3903097)   #4331
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
It's a tall task to ask a young driver to get a super license in Indycar, though.
According to Christian Horner and Will Buxton, Pato already has enough super license points and Red Bull will sign it off
Old 11 May 2019, 15:01 (Ref:3903158)   #4332
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
According to Christian Horner and Will Buxton, Pato already has enough super license points and Red Bull will sign it off
I saw Will's tweet as well but I'm not sure how that is possible. If you go according to how I read the super license rules, he's not even close. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 12 May 2019, 20:10 (Ref:3903366)   #4333
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Because Christian Horner has never met a statement he couldn't bend and distort, presentation with confidence wins everyone over. But there's no way he has the super license points with Indy, Indy Lights and IMSA PC not earning many points combined. Plus he is currently listed for 2019 as a SILVER driver in the FIA categorization, not exactly what most people would think of as an F1 driver, the remaining F1 drivers who are listed are all Platinum. Most F1 drivers are not listed as it isn't used in F1. I've looked at 2 estimated lists and he would only be eligible for points in Indy Lights (18 for championship 2018), leaving him 22 points shy. Well off of earning a license by points

Last edited by broadrun96; 12 May 2019 at 20:34.
Old 12 May 2019, 20:46 (Ref:3903378)   #4334
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry he may have 7 more for a second in 2016 Pro Mazda if that's what the FIA means by Formula Mazda. But that's still only 25. He also ran in the 2015-16 F4 series but I don't see what it's FIA status is so not sure if he would be due the 7 points for third there. Inching closer at 32 if they count but still 8 shy.

Only thing I can think is they think IMSA Prototypes includes the PC championship. I don't think it does even though he's the 2017 there in the old class.
Old 13 May 2019, 05:26 (Ref:3903412)   #4335
mstets
Racer

mstets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ugh. The whole system seems another knock on F1. Just let the teams decide what drivers to hire and be done with it.
Old 13 May 2019, 13:06 (Ref:3903495)   #4336
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I still think Showtime should be sponsoring a car in the Indy500, and that filming happens around the Billions teev series.

You could imagine the connection with fans of the show to bring the Axe Capital brand to a team that just happens to win.

There is even an opening in the plot, Axe was refused access to owning an NFL team.. IndyCar could easily replace it.

Especially with the vivid imagery of hot lapping an AMG Benz around a track and ordering 2 of them for his fun...

Just a thought...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 14 May 2019, 14:58 (Ref:3903729)   #4337
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I don't see why more brands like that get involved with Indycar, especially the 500. It's on the up and has some of the best drivers competing in it. The extra publicity for both sides would be great.
Old 14 May 2019, 19:44 (Ref:3903782)   #4338
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Cause the price is insane for no guaranteed appearance and frankly near zero national exposure for all but a handful of cars. Last estimate I saw was Juncos was looking for 500k for just the 500, not likely there's a line of sponsors just waiting to burn half a million. Juncos is good at sniffing those opportunities out and they aren't out there it seems. Sounds like we may be one car short without someone stepping in this week.
Old 15 May 2019, 18:29 (Ref:3904005)   #4339
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Cause the price is insane for no guaranteed appearance and frankly near zero national exposure for all but a handful of cars. Last estimate I saw was Juncos was looking for 500k for just the 500, not likely there's a line of sponsors just waiting to burn half a million. Juncos is good at sniffing those opportunities out and they aren't out there it seems. Sounds like we may be one car short without someone stepping in this week.
Could they take the sponsor from a team that doesn't make the top 33? that would be a hell of a deal!
Old 15 May 2019, 19:06 (Ref:3904015)   #4340
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Could they take the sponsor from a team that doesn't make the top 33? that would be a hell of a deal!
Apparently RM has talked with Juncos and has a few leads for him. I wouldn't be surprised to see them run a bit and try to earn a sponsor with a good showing
Old 16 May 2019, 15:08 (Ref:3904144)   #4341
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I'd rather see (I think) more involvement from Red Bull in Indycar.

This. They're involved (or have been) in so many types of motorsport. A Red Bull Indycar livery would be sweet.
Old 17 May 2019, 06:36 (Ref:3904286)   #4342
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
This. They're involved (or have been) in so many types of motorsport. A Red Bull Indycar livery would be sweet.
Didnt Red Bull run with Eddie Cheever's IRL team back in the day?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 17 May 2019, 12:05 (Ref:3904337)   #4343
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
yes
Old 17 May 2019, 18:59 (Ref:3904380)   #4344
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I never followed the IRL but I think Red Bull sponsored Cheever's IRL team, Red Bull Cheever Racing, from 2002-2006.

Red Bull also sponsored Champ Car team. PKV Racing in 2007, Champ Car's final year.

Old 17 May 2019, 19:34 (Ref:3904393)   #4345
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
I think they sponsored an Indy lights team around the same time.
Old 19 May 2019, 21:58 (Ref:3904757)   #4346
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All you folks are shamelessly demonstrating my lack of historical knowledge of the sport... thanks for that!

Those liveries do look nice. Would love to see one on today's car.
Old 26 May 2019, 04:09 (Ref:3905778)   #4347
mstets
Racer

mstets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The latest Red Bull Indycar livery:

https://www.indycar.com/News/2019/05...l-announcement
Old 4 Jun 2019, 11:06 (Ref:3907837)   #4348
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Alonso will not do full IndyCar season in 2020.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/143855
Old 4 Jun 2019, 13:24 (Ref:3907879)   #4349
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
To be fair he did come in and do well at Indy a couple of seasons ago with no Indycar race experience before. Mind you he was still racing in F1 at the time, so I wonder if rustiness has anything to do with it
Old 4 Jun 2019, 13:53 (Ref:3907887)   #4350
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt we'll see Alonso in the Indy 500 in 2020. And if we see him, then in an additional Andretti , Carpenter or Penske car.