Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 May 2011, 11:36 (Ref:2882571)   #1
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Schedule changes to bring Bahrain (BHR) back in? India to be moved to end of season?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91492

Yes kids, a race in December. December.

If this happened it would be a silly idea, first the Bahrain GP shouldn't be on the calendar this year full stop for reasons we all know about, but people have already got tickets and things sorted for India. Also, the time differences for India as the last race of the season aren't advantageous as well. Just leave Bahrain off the calendar this year, it's not appropriate to return, and they could move all this and the government could bring the tanks back out ...
Old 19 May 2011, 14:22 (Ref:2882640)   #2
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
At least there wouldn't be any clash with ILMC and WTCC... But yes, people do reservations with months in advance and shouldn't have their journey shifted.
Old 19 May 2011, 15:38 (Ref:2882683)   #3
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
It concerns me quite a lot that the FIA seems determined to restore a race in Bahrain to this year's calendar. I don't believe the situation over there is really any better now than when the race was postponed. It's simply that the heavy hand of martial law is keeping things in check.

Joe Saward has some pertinent comments.
Old 19 May 2011, 17:36 (Ref:2882739)   #4
Bonanza
Racer

United Kingdom
behind you
Bonanza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
awful track. awful government. awful races.

why are the FIA/Bernie still considering going to a broken country and ruining the season finale by putting it anywhere other than the great, mighty, magnificent interlagos?

rhetorical question, but we all know the an$wer.
Old 19 May 2011, 18:17 (Ref:2882767)   #5
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
on the other side is a December date better climate wise for India and it coincides more with high season for tourism ...if memory serves October marks the end of the monsoon season with their winter being cooler and more bearable.
Old 19 May 2011, 18:50 (Ref:2882781)   #6
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I do hope that Christmas shopping doesn't get in the way.
Old 19 May 2011, 21:02 (Ref:2882826)   #7
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
awful track. awful government. awful races.

why are the FIA/Bernie still considering going to a broken country and ruining the season finale by putting it anywhere other than the great, mighty, magnificent interlagos?

rhetorical question, but we all know the an$wer.
the bahrain organisers must have bought a pack of surplus brown envelopes from lotus Renault GP
Old 20 May 2011, 00:20 (Ref:2882890)   #8
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
It concerns me quite a lot that the FIA seems determined to restore a race in Bahrain to this year's calendar. I don't believe the situation over there is really any better now than when the race was postponed. It's simply that the heavy hand of martial law is keeping things in check.

Joe Saward has some pertinent comments.

We should "simply" not go back there..
Old 20 May 2011, 11:12 (Ref:2883045)   #9
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
We should "simply" not go back there..
Agree 100%
Old 20 May 2011, 11:33 (Ref:2883054)   #10
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Can't wait to see Williams not show up. Remember their statement of intent to not go to the Bahrain GP...?

Can't see that happening

Selby
Old 20 May 2011, 11:47 (Ref:2883066)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I kinda like the idea of a race in December. It puts me in mind of when the seasons were more stretched out. Starting in January and finishing in late November, with even less races.

However ending the season in India is wrong on every conceivable level.
Old 23 May 2011, 14:23 (Ref:2884495)   #12
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and it is not long to find out as we are about to hit the dead line again as that is just over 2 week
Old 23 May 2011, 14:36 (Ref:2884504)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
India ? That's amazing, first Abu Dhabi and now this.