Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 May 2014, 23:33 (Ref:3403946)   #1
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Push The Right Button

Interesting article of F1 steering wheels in the Daily Chipwrapper....http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ing-wheel.html

Doesn't appear to be a button for the windscreen wipers?
Old 9 May 2014, 06:18 (Ref:3404001)   #2
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Rgms320 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Interesting article of F1 steering wheels in the Daily Chipwrapper....http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ing-wheel.html

If you look closely at Magnussen's radio controls, you'll find that his wheel contains a Jenson button.
Old 9 May 2014, 06:51 (Ref:3404008)   #3
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

I wonder how often one of these things is running at its optimum!

Given that the driver is under stress, time pressure and the wheel is both complex and fiddly!
Old 9 May 2014, 08:03 (Ref:3404024)   #4
miatanut
Veteran

United States
Seattle
miatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What I was noticing is how many differential adjustments there are. Differentials are kind of the final frontier. In the mechanical world, so far there is no perfect solution. My Miata has the Tochigi-Fugi LSD. Over the course of a year in Seattle, about half the time, one is driving on wet or at least damp pavement. Kind of like England. On my drive home I have a hard uphill turn and I know if I'm not easy on the throttle, the rear end will get seriously tail-happy. An open diff would not do that but the inside wheel would spin like crazy and I would have to take it easy or never get to the top of the hill.

In the CART version of Indycar racing, a lot of effort was spent on preload and ramp angles for various courses.

After 100 years of automotive engineering (excepting the high point of WRC), differentials are still in the stone age.
Old 9 May 2014, 09:14 (Ref:3404048)   #5
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

I hope they sort that out before the next wet weather GP.
Old 9 May 2014, 09:22 (Ref:3404049)   #6
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A fascinating illustration of everything which is wrong with F1.

Jim
Old 9 May 2014, 10:01 (Ref:3404061)   #7
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW View Post
A fascinating illustration of everything which is wrong with F1.

Jim
Speaking of which, I was just looking at this gallery from Thursday at Barcelona, so boring, who bloody cares!

http://www.pitpass.com/gallery/1586/2014-Spain-Thursday
Old 9 May 2014, 10:08 (Ref:3404064)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well you're the one that looked at the gallery.
Old 9 May 2014, 10:13 (Ref:3404067)   #9
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Well you're the one that looked at the gallery.

Sadly yes, and what a complete waste of time that was!

I would have hoped for better.
Old 9 May 2014, 10:26 (Ref:3404074)   #10
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post

Sadly yes, and what a complete waste of time that was!

I would have hoped for better.
Not one steering wheel in any of those photos.
Old 9 May 2014, 13:45 (Ref:3404147)   #11
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
I've noticed a huge reduction in F1-fan and Seb-lover postings since Vettel has become #2 and turned into a car-breaker. I'm really enjoying this season...