Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's looking bad for Ralf...

From Autosport...

BMW Could Do Without Ralf...
http://www.autosport.com/newsitem.asp?id=26223&s=5

BMW was thought to be the only thing keeping Ralf in with a hope of continuing his contract with Williams beyond the end of the year. If they're not fussed then Ralf's BMW future looks even more bleak.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 16:41 (Ref:896064)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've never eally felt that BMW are that bothered about having Ralf in the lineup, nor a German for that matter. That's a refreshing outlook anyways.

Ralf really hasn't got any hope of staying at Williams, and he's probably already signing those prelimenary contracts with Toyota I reckon.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 16:54 (Ref:896073)   #3
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
As I have said in a previous post Williams can probably have Fisichella and Heidfeld drive virtually for free and spend the £20 million driver budget on the car.

Last edited by Sodemo; 6 Mar 2004 at 16:55.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 17:00 (Ref:896078)   #4
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I have to say, imo, it's not looking good for Rafe.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 17:07 (Ref:896084)   #5
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
id say Ralf will be out of Williams in 05.. especially with all the outspoken comments against FW...
Old 6 Mar 2004, 17:14 (Ref:896090)   #6
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There's even the possibility that you'll have to change you're nickname when Ralf's out of F1 , although its somewhat unlikely, but nothing's certain in F1.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 13:56 (Ref:897049)   #7
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: It's looking bad for Ralf...

Well, actually its looking very-very bad for Ralf.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 14:55 (Ref:897101)   #8
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least he doesn't call the team a buch of w*****s!
Old 7 Mar 2004, 15:06 (Ref:897113)   #9
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidStHubbins
At least he doesn't call the team a buch of w*****s!
Watch the offical review of the 2001 season.

I think he would have been less affensive i he had.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 16:08 (Ref:897170)   #10
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the brief interview with Ralf on the grid yesterday, Ralf did not appear to be very interested or have the "eye of the tiger" look.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 17:15 (Ref:897223)   #11
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how does ralf still have a job?he hasn't done anything truly significant in the Williams in his tenure there. JPM immediatly outpaced him, and out scores him, he is in one of the best machines and does little with it, he is like a German Coulthard, great stuff does well, very well at times, but isn't the stuff a WDC seems to be made of- (i hope i am wrong about DC but 10 years and zilcho in a great car, and KIMI slapped him about all year)
Old 7 Mar 2004, 17:23 (Ref:897225)   #12
Thorstone
Veteran

Thorstone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It say's in the end of this article
And then there is Nick Heidfeld, who gave Kimi Raikkonen a run for his money at Sauber, who looks set for a tough time at Jordan, who should be available, should not be too expensive and who also happens to be German...

That would be a bad choice.I say

Last edited by Thorstone; 7 Mar 2004 at 17:23.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 17:26 (Ref:897227)   #13
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by The Monster
As I have said in a previous post Williams can probably have Fisichella and Heidfeld drive virtually for free and spend the £20 million driver budget on the car.
Ooohh, thats a scary thought, after watching those guys drive yesterday.

As for Ralf going to Toyota, what a huge step backwards that will be, after watching(well, I never actually saw them!)that miserable performance yesterday!
Old 7 Mar 2004, 23:07 (Ref:897542)   #14
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im really interested to see how Ralf will cope without Montoya as a team mate. Before Jp's arrival at Williams i honestly didn't think Ralf could win a race, even after the williams performance at Brazil 2001. Having Montoya seemed to be the kick in the backside Ralf needed to win races. Will he still have this motivation in 2005?
Old 7 Mar 2004, 23:26 (Ref:897552)   #15
JnrJnr
Racer

England
North West
JnrJnr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im not sure if I agree with what BMW have said there with regards nationality not being important. They have there eyes set on the developing Estonian market - and suprise suprise Estonain racer, Marko Asmer has BMW all over him.....fortunately hes pretty quick.

Last edited by JnrJnr; 7 Mar 2004 at 23:27.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 23:44 (Ref:897564)   #16
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The word is that the deal has already been done to replace JPM and Schu Jnr with Webber and Piquet Jnr next year.
Old 8 Mar 2004, 00:04 (Ref:897577)   #17
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Something interesting I heard yesterday about this.Don't be surprised if Ralf is replaced in the team.It seems Frank is far from happy with Raif and delivered an ultimatum after yesterdays race.I don't know what was said but Ralf departed the track straight after the conversation and looked far from happy.

The Grumpy1
Old 8 Mar 2004, 04:10 (Ref:897653)   #18
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Well Ralf hasn't endeared himself to a whole bunch of people and seems a bit unhappy himself.
Is he in F1 because he genuinely loves it a la Mikey, or is it because he's a Schumacher and it just sort of fell his way?
As mentioned in another thread I think Frank is not happy about losing Monty and that is going to work against Ralf this year.
Both these factors add up to some general unhappiness at Williams about the way things have shaped up for them this year. It's not the general engineering of the package but is evident in the set up problems (graining), and mistakes during pit stops etc.
It's not a fluid forward motion at a time of year when it should be moving in unity, onwards and upwards if they are genuine contenders for the titile.
Old 8 Mar 2004, 09:36 (Ref:897839)   #19
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's REALLY funny that BMW are not now forcing williams to keep ralf.Maybe he'll get the paypacket he deserves now,LOL.At least he will have more concentration available for driving when he doesn't have to decide where he's gonna spend all that money.

On the other hand i DON'T think williams are keen to throw ralf out.They'll keep him if he's the best available for what they want to spend......
Old 8 Mar 2004, 09:43 (Ref:897841)   #20
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
.mmmhhh, acccording to ralf, FW withdrew from signing a contract renewal last year after Japanese GP.
MY opinino is that FW decided to get rid of him, but wanted to wait for BMW authorisation.
Actually, as I said some time ago, having BMW signed a long time agreement with FW about a year ago, it's clear that their relationship has, since then, no more been related to this or that driver.
This was bound to play against ralf

But you, ralf fan, can always keep your nickname!

ASCII man, you naughty boy!
Old 8 Mar 2004, 11:17 (Ref:897924)   #21
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ralf doesn't deserve to be in a top team. He's proved that time and again, with a string of lacklustre, error-strewn displays interrupted by occasional fast displays and some good fortune, for example in Malaysia last year where he was excruciatingly slow in qualifying and was lucky so many others hit trouble.

Willi Weber has a lot to answer for. His pay demands have been absurd, and maybe Ralf has come to believe that he is worth such extortionate amounts. The only reason he's targetted Toyota is because they can pay him a huge sum of money. It seems like he cares more about weatlth than success.