Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 1 Mar 2011, 20:50 (Ref:2838668)   #26
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
skentellytubby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/i...aims/index.htm

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/o...mcol/index.htm

Like Terry, I've done it. Dead easy, not much to lose.
Old 1 Mar 2011, 21:02 (Ref:2838677)   #27
Colin Parkinson
Rookie

England
Halifax 'Oop North'
Colin Parkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Terry have you had to do this with Coys, or are you just talking about 'in general'?
Old 2 Mar 2011, 15:05 (Ref:2839088)   #28
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Although considered,not something we hadn't pursued with them but had success elsewhere,have a look at the links from Simon,it couldn't be easier.
Old 2 Mar 2011, 15:42 (Ref:2839100)   #29
UKBentleyGirl
Rookie

UKBentleyGirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK, sales said cheque was now signed and in the post for next day delivery. Heavy sigh. I asked him to deliver it today, but he said he couldn't leave the office.
Old 3 Mar 2011, 12:06 (Ref:2839593)   #30
UKBentleyGirl
Rookie

Cheque arrived today. Less than expected but still scrutinising the detail was to why. T&C was 35 days after auction, today is day 47. Post gets lost, mistakes happen, OK, but the response time to correct was very disappointing to say the least. Will update more after it clears and detail understood.
Old 3 Mar 2011, 12:19 (Ref:2839596)   #31
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
in order to retain a balanced argument Spiderman should confirm whether his cheque has cleared as it has been a few days now since he recieved it....
If it has then we should merely assume tardy accounting.
Old 3 Mar 2011, 12:51 (Ref:2839612)   #32
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Why blame tickers.

It's the management.
Old 4 Mar 2011, 13:59 (Ref:2840147)   #33
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes. You will usually find that tardy accounting is generally instigated by management as a policy.

Most accountants and bookkeepers just want to get on with the job.
Old 4 Mar 2011, 19:46 (Ref:2840288)   #34
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Why bother with solicitors fee's when you can diy on line for £108.00,been there-done it etc.

slight correction chaps and sorry if this is boring/the moment has gone but:

1. you cannot recover costs in the small claims court
2. small claims is really only for claims of £5k or less
3. better to issue in the High Court as you can make an application to recover costs and the enforcement process is less forgiving than the county/small claims court

I do not know the sums you are talking but given the increase in historic race car prices you will probably only bother with the small claims to recover the loss of interest from Coys and the seller's comission!
Old 4 Mar 2011, 19:56 (Ref:2840294)   #35
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Obviously my learned friend has a little more experience in these matters my Lord, I therefore think that this would be an opportune time to call for a recess .

Old 10 Mar 2011, 11:49 (Ref:2843340)   #36
TheSpiderMan
Rookie

England
Stockport
TheSpiderMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Happy Ending??

Many thanks to those of you who have followed my issue, had an issue of your own or private messaged me on matters relating to this thread.

Just a quick comment regarding legal proceedings following the mention of small claims etc. If the amount is over £5k I would sugges tthe use of something called a "Statutory Demand". I won't explain it here but this is a relatively swift and heavy handed way to grab the attention and get paid. Talk to your solicitor should you ever need to chase payment without using Mafia type techniques.

Back to the topic. I received my correct cheque some 10 days ago, and refrained from posting to allow the cheque to clear. I have also received an apology letter from Coys. The cheque has now cleared and I have my money, so we have a happy ending.....or do we?

I have been very pleased with the service provided by Coys from the start of the process, through accepting delivery of my car and the sale of the car. The bitter part has been the end of the process, and to be honest for me the most important bit...getting paid.

My final comment would be to ask myself would I use Coys again to se
l another of my vehicles?.......the answer would be, probably not.

As the race season is about to commence, I look forward to seeing some of you at tracks in the UK and Europe again this year, and would like to wish my cousin success with the electric vehicle cup.
Best Regards
Graham Saul
Life should not be a journey into the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, oh no.. but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ‘WOO HOO what a ride'
Old 10 Mar 2011, 17:08 (Ref:2843468)   #37
UKBentleyGirl
Rookie

Just to complete the circle, our cheque cleared this week too. The auctioneer took £500 less than our promised reserve of £12,000 - this all came out of the sellers pocket (ours), not Coy's commission, nor was it split. I wasn't on the phone when briefly discussed, or would have negotiated a bit harder. So, learned a lesson there. Sales said they would do what they could to get us the cheque faster - this obviously did not happen, nor did fixing the lost cheque. Also, the arm rest cover between the front seats went missing from when we dropped off the car until it was sold (we have pictures), which would have been a pain to pursue had the car not sold. I've been to 10 UK car auctions in the last 3 years, mostly Bonhams and mostly buying, but did go to the recent Brookland's Historics in the snow which was interesting. Overall though, would really struggle to recommend Coys at this stage. Heavy sigh.
Old 10 Mar 2011, 18:09 (Ref:2843491)   #38
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And on that note, I think it's time to close this.
Old 12 Mar 2011, 09:40 (Ref:2844377)   #39
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just received this from Colin Parkinson to wrap this up. I'll 'stick this for a couple of days, so that everyone knows that there is a new (and last!) post on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Parkinson
At last my cheque for my MGA race car has cleared, and I can get my life back to normal. This whole affair with Coys has been incredibly stressful. But I do have to say that, like Graham, the sales people did a good job, and in my case sold a very nice car for half decent money.

I am not convinced the release of funds problems are totally down to 'admin', but I did get a very nice letter of apologies from a director.

But if you asked me if I would use them again, I also have to agree with the others and say that if they cannot even keep to their own terms and conditions, then the answer would be no.

I hope nobody at the recent sale has to go through all the aggravation we have had to endure.

I also agree with John, and say that let's hope this is the end of the saga. It is good that everyone has kept the discussion honest and reasonable.

Colin Parkinson
Closed Thread