Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 27 Mar 2015, 17:32 (Ref:3520467)   #1
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC Thruxton Easter Revival 2015

Can't find a thread for this yet, if there is perhaps a mod can move this.

Entry list

http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Provis...on_2015_V2.pdf
Old 27 Mar 2015, 21:16 (Ref:3520606)   #2
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Using my abacus 239 entries.
Old 27 Mar 2015, 22:19 (Ref:3520635)   #3
bigvalveelan
Rookie

United Kingdom
Gaunts Common, Wimborne
bigvalveelan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll see you in Guards at dawn Colin.... Looks a good entry
Paul
(#8)
Old 27 Mar 2015, 23:04 (Ref:3520653)   #4
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Timetable http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Thrux_...metable_v3.pdf

No F2 races, Martini trophy or Super Tourers.
Old 28 Mar 2015, 13:15 (Ref:3520946)   #5
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvalveelan View Post
I'll see you in Guards at dawn Colin....
Only if you're checking your mirrors!
Old 28 Mar 2015, 22:03 (Ref:3521194)   #6
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After a trip to Pete Baldwin's rollers earlier in the week, Iain assures me that my TR5 is good to go, ran it a couple of times last year, but it was rubbish ...! Hopefully sorted now ... Have taken a late entry into HRS for Thruxton, so rather hoping we don't get a repeat of last year's apocalyptic downpour ...

As we're on at a not-very-family-friendly last race on Sunday most of you will have gone home before we even hit the assembly area - will let you know how we get on!

James
Old 29 Mar 2015, 10:16 (Ref:3521385)   #7
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Guards GT race is going t be a lonely race for us slower cars... Seems to be all Loti and Marcus - where are all the legal MGB's?
Old 29 Mar 2015, 22:17 (Ref:3521628)   #8
bigvalveelan
Rookie

United Kingdom
Gaunts Common, Wimborne

Seemed quite well balanced entry to me - 5 Loti, 4 MGB and a host of other faster and slower cars. As to the legality of MGB's, Lotuses or Marcos - that's another matter entirely.

Paul
Old 30 Mar 2015, 06:12 (Ref:3521741)   #9
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is anyone testing on Friday? I can't make the weekend because I'm working so will pop over on test day like last year.
Old 30 Mar 2015, 07:17 (Ref:3521748)   #10
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
to be clear my reference to legal B's was not a reflection of the ones on the list more that 3/4 of the cars entered are Loti/EType/Cobra/TVR type cars and us slower cars at the back of the grid are going to have a lonely time!
Old 30 Mar 2015, 08:21 (Ref:3521760)   #11
bigvalveelan
Rookie

United Kingdom
Gaunts Common, Wimborne
I'll be there on Friday Max. Not sure yet if I'll be testing but in plenty of time for scrutineering and setting up. Drop by and say hello - Blue Elan number 8.

Simon, and I wasn't meaning to be specific about which cars are legal either. ['Rules' have changed for Guards this year - electronic ignition is in, dog boxes and racing clutches are out]
I always figure you just need one other closely matched competitor to keep it from being lonely ....
Old 30 Mar 2015, 09:05 (Ref:3521777)   #12
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Max, I'll be there in the morning trying to make the seat work with a new Simpson device and then testing in the afternoon - in the Delta encampment so hopefully see you there.
Old 30 Mar 2015, 20:50 (Ref:3521971)   #13
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
James is right - with a rigid noise curfew at 1830, what are the chances that the HRS crew will go full race-length on an 1805 scheduled start ? However, generally HSCC is good at running a meeting to schedule, though there's little contingency for track-side problems.

I'll be in HRS in the Chev Camaro and two Mustangs to run with ... good fun.
Nick
Old 3 Apr 2015, 23:21 (Ref:3523580)   #14
Az
Racer

England
UK
Az should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to this. Should probably get to sleep, early start... today hehe :-)
Old 4 Apr 2015, 17:52 (Ref:3523868)   #15
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It has been freezing at Thruxton today, just starting to thaw out now.

The first race, FF2000, was probably the best, the young Lyons in a F1 Hesketh posting 1.07 laps was impressive. The Guards and HTC also entertained.
Some bad luck for several tenthers and a couple of Lotus Cortinas looking second hand I hope the drivers were OK.

Back tomorrow for more, hope it's a tad warmer.
Old 5 Apr 2015, 18:36 (Ref:3524151)   #16
brands
Veteran

A little bit warmer today than yesterday.
Enjoyed the racing, loved the Macca in the Guards SR.

Sorry the HRS didn't get a race, good to hear the Clubman driver was talking to the rescue crew.
Old 5 Apr 2015, 19:16 (Ref:3524163)   #17
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HRS Thruxton Hoodoo ...

All very disappointing .... qualified well then sat around ... much like last year, when I qualified well then sat around in a monsoon, before calling it a day ... this time we sat around due to a nasty sounding shunt in the Clubmans race before us ... pleased to hear that the driver worst affected was talking to rescue crews ... eventually, about 15 mins before the curfew they sent us out for a sighting lap behind a safety car, during which we drove past at least a dozen rescue/recovery vehicles and crews still working to clear the wreckage ... not sure who thought we were actually going to get a race ... we then sat on the grid all boiling ... until eventually they decided it was game over and sent us home. Gutted ... have wanted to race the TR at Thruxton even since I started - previous opportunities have arisen when the car was out of action, and now for two years in a row I've sat on the grid ready to race, only for circumstances to dictate otherwise - galling!

Nice to catch up with a load of people, otherwise a wasted day ...

James
Old 6 Apr 2015, 07:00 (Ref:3524257)   #18
Az
Racer

England
UK
Az should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like Sunday was rather challenging then :-( Hopefully it was a bit warmer, was struggling a bit with the wind and nippiness on Saturday. Still I enjoyed the day, trying to do a few more HSCC meets this year, great atmosphere :-)

I put a few shots up on my Facebook page if you're interested to see - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6361580&type=1

I'll put a proper gallery up later in the week when I've recovered. Here's a couple of pics for the thread;

Old 6 Apr 2015, 08:47 (Ref:3524280)   #19
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sorry I didn't get down on Friday after all. Had to do some "family" stuff given I was away all the rest of the weekend. Funnily enough I was about as far east of Andover as you were West. Saw loads of nice cars and race trailers on the 303 as I went home. Hope despite all the trials and tribulations you had fun.
Old 6 Apr 2015, 16:02 (Ref:3524377)   #20
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
As James posts above, a bit disappointing for the Historic Road Sports crew. When the timetable gave us last-race-of-the-day, & given the rigid noise curfew at Thruxton, I was preparing for a shortened race. But when we did an exploratory lap behind safety car at abt 6.15 and saw the dozen or so trucks/lifters & ambulance still working hard at the Clubman accident site you just knew that we were not going to get a race. Bit of an anti-climax when you psyched yourself up for a fast & furious 2 or 3 lapper ....

I hope the Clubman driver is doing OK in hospital and no long-term effects.

HRS score for the first three years of the Easter Revival : 2013 - minus 5C in paddock a.m., practise & race in the dry, hooray; 2014 dry Practise, mega rainburst, washout race; 2015 dry Practise, no race. Ho hum. That's motor sport for you !
Nick
Old 6 Apr 2015, 16:07 (Ref:3524380)   #21
Belmondo
Racer

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by apriliadriver View Post
As James posts above, a bit disappointing for the Historic Road Sports crew. When the timetable gave us last-race-of-the-day, & given the rigid noise curfew at Thruxton, I was preparing for a shortened race. But when we did an exploratory lap behind safety car at abt 6.15 and saw the dozen or so trucks/lifters & ambulance still working hard at the Clubman accident site you just knew that we were not going to get a race. Bit of an anti-climax when you psyched yourself up for a fast & furious 2 or 3 lapper ....

I hope the Clubman driver is doing OK in hospital and no long-term effects.

HRS score for the first three years of the Easter Revival : 2013 - minus 5C in paddock a.m., practise & race in the dry, hooray; 2014 dry Practise, mega rainburst, washout race; 2015 dry Practise, no race. Ho hum. That's motor sport for you !
Nick
Just out of interest do the clubs return any of the entry fee when a race is abandoned like this?
Old 6 Apr 2015, 16:38 (Ref:3524384)   #22
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmondo View Post
Just out of interest do the clubs return any of the entry fee when a race is abandoned like this?
I have a feeling the lap behind the SC precludes any refund.
Old 6 Apr 2015, 16:59 (Ref:3524389)   #23
one-two
Racer

one-two should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is a bit naughty if so. And hardly encourages future entries in a similar situation.
Old 6 Apr 2015, 17:10 (Ref:3524393)   #24
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmondo View Post
The norm (and I've no idea if the HSCC will follow this) is that the race would be rescheduled for another meeting later in the year.
Old 6 Apr 2015, 17:15 (Ref:3524394)   #25
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
I had the impression that the safety car lap may have been to show the competitors why the HRS race was about to be cancelled. And I am not holding my breath about a refund - I suspect that with the fairly poor grids the HSCC will have been lucky to break even on the meeting.
If that is the case, it's a pity since Thruxton Easter Revival ought to be a well-supported season opener.
Nick